[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wizards -- Will be BETTER Next Season...
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  11:58 AM
This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Washington. They get a very talented player in Butler, who is always being compared to Paul Pierce, for the asking price of practically nothing.

Kwame's time was up. He didn't show up on many nights for them, and never PROVED he had the potential that everything thought he did.

Chucky Atkins gives them a reliable backup PG, and allows Arenas to slide over to SG from time to time.

Not only that, but they save Millions of $$$ by not having to resign Hughes (likely to the Max), and instead can focus on upgrading their frontcourt (possibly Donyell Marshall, who is a far better fit than Kwame). The additional cap space will also allow them to resign a few of their own players (if theyre willing to stay), and, in the end, the ratio of Talent: $$$ will prove itself to be more than fair.

I see the Wizards building on their success from last year...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/14/2005 11:58:56]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  1:31 PM
well, I think they did the best they could considering. Caron Butler played like an all star for the last 25 games or so and has gotten over that bad injury to his thigh. Maybe they didnt want to take a risk with hughes that long? and kwame couldve left for nothing, so getting caron AND a Laker # 1 pick isnt bad.
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  1:43 PM
They should be fine, they will still have Jamison, Arenas, and now Butler instead of Hughes.

With a healthy Etan Thomas they should have one brusing front court of Haywood and Thomas.

They still have Hayes to backup both 2 and 3.

I don't see why they should be getting any worse really, if not better now that Etan Thomas will play for the whole year.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2005  1:49 PM
Yup that's Ernie Grunfeld there, right? He is the man.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Wizards -- Will be BETTER Next Season...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy