[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah is a walking contradiction
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/15/2005  9:43 AM
Posted by simrud:

People who come back with an argument that rebuilding makes you loose for 5 years, wake up!

HE ALREADY LOST FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS!

If we rebuilt like any team should, we would have had only 2 years or so left of sucking at this point, instead of infinitiy!
Tell that to the Hawks, Clippers, Golden State.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/15/2005  9:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by simrud:

People who come back with an argument that rebuilding makes you loose for 5 years, wake up!

If we rebuilt like any team should, we would have had only 2 years or so left of sucking at this point, instead of infinitiy!

Or tell that to the Spurs who totally tanked to get Duncan after Robinson went down, or the Bulls, or the Nuggets, or the Nets, or the Wizards, or the Suns, etc.

There are just as many if not more examples of teams rebuilding nicely. However I can't think of any team that just stays over the cap while sucking and somehow gets better.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Pharzeone
7/15/2005  9:57 AM
Posted by simrud:
quote:Originally posted by simrud:

Or tell that to the Spurs who totally tanked to get Duncan after Robinson went down, or the Bulls, or the Nuggets, or the Nets, or the Wizards, or the Suns, etc.

There are just as many if not more examples of teams rebuilding nicely. However I can't think of any team that just stays over the cap while sucking and somehow gets better.
Please don't include the Bulls, Nets, Wizards or Nuggets in your argument. I was trying to be nice but the Nets have been bad for over a decade. Referred to as the laughing stock of the league. The Bulls made the playoffs after 7 years of lottery and got booted in the first round. The Wizards last playoff roster before this year consisted of C Webb, and Howard do you want to guess how long it has been. Before 2004, the Nuggets best playoff memories had Deke at center. Do you still want to cling to your "It only takes 5 years rebuilding scheme."
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/15/2005  11:23 AM
Posted by joec32033:

James-Frye-Ariza-Q-Steph with Craw-Nate-Lee may or may not be a championship caliber team in a few years.

you don't seriously believe that roster has any shot at winning a title in a couple years, do you? come on bro...we need another superstar to add to that mix for them to have any shot at winning a championship...how are we going to get one if we're constantly mediocre enough to win 40 or so games a season w/a perpetual lack of cap flexibility?

btw, you posters who are laughing at the examples of the Bulls crack me up...they have 6 titles in the past 15 years...that's 6 more than we have in that time span, btw...& how did they win those titles? by having a #3 overall pick & drafting a guy by the name of Michael Jordan, building their team w/complementary players, & hiring a great coach to lead them to the Finals...the Knicks have done none of these things as of yet (unless you happen to think Stephon Marbury will be our Michael Jordan & Trevor Ariza will be our Scottie Pippen?)...at some point you have to start making moves towards achieving the 1st goal before you can achieve the next...it's a step by step process...some of you sound as if you think this team will all of a sudden wake up one day a championship contender, & until that time comes, you're happy w/the same old crap this team has offered you the past 6 years running now...1st round exits in the playoffs & crappy lottery picks w/no shot at all at any bigname FA's...

gotta love being a Knicks fan.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
7/15/2005  11:48 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by joec32033:

James-Frye-Ariza-Q-Steph with Craw-Nate-Lee may or may not be a championship caliber team in a few years.

you don't seriously believe that roster has any shot at winning a title in a couple years, do you? come on bro...we need another superstar to add to that mix for them to have any shot at winning a championship...how are we going to get one if we're constantly mediocre enough to win 40 or so games a season w/a perpetual lack of cap flexibility?

btw, you posters who are laughing at the examples of the Bulls crack me up...they have 6 titles in the past 15 years...that's 6 more than we have in that time span, btw...& how did they win those titles? by having a #3 overall pick & drafting a guy by the name of Michael Jordan, building their team w/complementary players, & hiring a great coach to lead them to the Finals...the Knicks have done none of these things as of yet (unless you happen to think Stephon Marbury will be our Michael Jordan & Trevor Ariza will be our Scottie Pippen?)...at some point you have to start making moves towards achieving the 1st goal before you can achieve the next...it's a step by step process...some of you sound as if you think this team will all of a sudden wake up one day a championship contender, & until that time comes, you're happy w/the same old crap this team has offered you the past 6 years running now...1st round exits in the playoffs & crappy lottery picks w/no shot at all at any bigname FA's...

gotta love being a Knicks fan.
Then TMS your complaint can't be about today but this organization for the last 30 years. The span during the 80s has to be some of the worst front office moves I ever seen my an organization. Hey I love Dave Debuscherre as a player for the Knicks but as a GM ... They never surrounded Ewing with a second superstar to really compete. They got what they could from solid role players and players past their prime. So let me know where that process starts. Is it when you failed to win a championship and you know you don't really have the horses to get over the hill (like the mid 90s), or when your franchise player and the other solid role players get too old and you can't get back any real value and take back vets with even worse injury problems and contracts) and you turn your franchise over to franchise pretenders like (Spree, Houston, Camby, Marbury). Me personally I thought the rebuilding process should have started after the 1995 playoff loss at the Garden and Riley departure. Nellie was right about that part.
TMS
USA
7/15/2005  12:00 PM
Pharzeone, my complaint isn't w/this organization's failure to win a championship the past 30 years...i was a HUGE fan of the teams of the 90's...they had an identity, a true franchise player, a great coach, & were a LEGITIMATE contender to win a title...you can't ask for anymore than that...if it weren't for Jordan & the Bulls we would have won at least 2 or 3 rings in that time span, I'm convinced of that.

my problem is the perpetual mediocrity that fans have come to accept on this board & in NY in general since '99...they've made stopgap move after stopgap move to keep this team winning just enough games to keep the fans somewhat interested, & there's no hint that this will ever change anytime soon...i have a problem w/the prospect of suffering through another 10 years of the same old crap w/o ever having a real legitimate shot at winning an NBA championship...i like some of the players Isiah has acquired, but i don't see him taking the other necessary steps to achieving the final goal, which should be ALL about winning a championship instead of just selling tickets & lining Dolan's pockets.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/15/2005  12:24 PM
TMS...you are absolutely right...what should we do to be a contender?

The bulls won their championships in two words...MICHEAL JORDAN.

Other than that, they rotated a roster around him for pretty much each ring.

That's an phantom occurrence.

The Spurs did not TANK to get duncan...Robinson was injured (correct me if I'm wrong).

constant whining just to be heard saying everything we already know, we need another franchise player (let's snap our fingers and sing cumbaya and that will happen easily...heck, you should be GM)

jumping on an appearant "let's berate everything the knicks do until they win" band wagon is getting waaaaay old.

Washington? Chicago?

Dude, since jordan, only 3 teams have won championships, the spurs, Pistons and lakers. (I could be wrong, going off the top of my head)

The lakers never rebuilded, the spurs never rebuilded (they lucked into the first pick) and, to tell you the truth, I don't even know if the pistons rebuilt...but alas, you don't seem to use any of these teams as an example, just the teams that ALMOST got there.

Well, believe it or not, since 1990 the Knicks have been to more championship games (or the same amount) than every team in the East (including the pistons) and only one of those teams came out with more rings than the knicks.

so snap out of it.

Quit bitching about inconsequential moves and find a freaking silver lining for pete's sake.

Perpetual mediocrity?

In the last 19 months I've seen nothing but improvement in roster and a look towards the future...I think all arguments should begin from 19 months ago with demonstrations of who has done a better job in that same span of improving their teams. (not the nets, bulls or wizards) and if they have, what do they have to show for it now?

you're just whining to be heard, because you don't have anything else to say.
Posted by TMS:

Pharzeone, my complaint isn't w/this organization's failure to win a championship the past 30 years...i was a HUGE fan of the teams of the 90's...they had an identity, a true franchise player, a great coach, & were a LEGITIMATE contender to win a title...you can't ask for anymore than that...if it weren't for Jordan & the Bulls we would have won at least 2 or 3 rings in that time span, I'm convinced of that.

my problem is the perpetual mediocrity that fans have come to accept on this board & in NY in general since '99...they've made stopgap move after stopgap move to keep this team winning just enough games to keep the fans somewhat interested, & there's no hint that this will ever change anytime soon...i have a problem w/the prospect of suffering through another 10 years of the same old crap w/o ever having a real legitimate shot at winning an NBA championship...i like some of the players Isiah has acquired, but i don't see him taking the other necessary steps to achieving the final goal, which should be ALL about winning a championship instead of just selling tickets & lining Dolan's pockets.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/15/2005 12:25:22]

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/15/2005 12:27:25]
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
USA
7/15/2005  1:04 PM
g, i didn't know i wasn't allowed to have an opinion on this forum...sorry i'm not a member of the perpetual optimist's club you belong to...i'm a realist...that means i speak my mind & don't get blinded by fool's gold maneuvers that are intended for simple minded individuals like yourself...i'll keep on bitching about moves i don't agree with...deal with it dude...i criticize this move by Isiah & automatically you group me in w/the perpetual haters that berate every move he makes...that just shows me you only see what you want to see.
The lakers never rebuilded, the spurs never rebuilded (they lucked into the first pick) and, to tell you the truth, I don't even know if the pistons rebuilt...but alas, you don't seem to use any of these teams as an example, just the teams that ALMOST got there.

more proof you see what you want to see...i never mentioned any other teams but Chicago in my post...they didn't ALMOST get there dude...they GOT there...6 times.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/15/2005 13:10:07]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/15/2005  1:48 PM
Hater this hater that, anybody who uses hater as an argument is a complete moron.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Isiah is a walking contradiction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy