[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah is a walking contradiction
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2005  4:46 PM
People think they know trade situations/scenarios better than Isiah. Its possible that James was his last reasonable option.

Silver, you hit the nail right on the head. I guess some folks won't be happy with ANYTHING Isiah does. Maybe they just wanna whine for the hell of it. JJ was a decent pickup that addressed some of our needs. We needed a Center and got one. Then again, maybe Isiah has more plans that might even include moving JJ in exchange for someone better.

We just have to WAIT and not have so many knee-jerk reactions.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

i get it now...Isiah's signing Jerome James to a 5 year deal so he can turn around & trade him in 2 years for 2 1st rounders & a veteran role player...it's all a part of the master plan!
Obviously you don't get it now, as I made clear already that that's merely one of many possibilities.

the only ones who "get it" in your bizarro world of reason are you & diderotn...aren't you glad to have a friend on this board now Bonn?

Bonn & diderotn...like 2 peas in a pod.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  4:57 PM
yes, TMS, Isiah has no plan...happy now?

TMS
USA
7/14/2005  4:58 PM
Posted by jaydh:

i'd be happy if he had one dude...believe me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/14/2005  5:00 PM
His plan is to make every Knick fan's life a living hell, he hates winning and good players.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
jaydh
7/14/2005  5:03 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by jaydh:

i'd be happy if he had one dude...believe me.

its just crazy to say a GM has no plan. thats their job, to come up with a plan. i know a couple GMs in real life, and they all have plans. You, obviously dont see what isiah is doing, but yes, there is a plan.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  5:04 PM
if the plan is to remain just competitive enough to sell tickets & fill Dolan's pockets w/o any real shot at winning a championship anytime soon, then i think we need to find another plan.
jaydh
7/14/2005  5:06 PM
Posted by TMS:

if the plan is to remain just competitive enough to sell tickets & fill Dolan's pockets w/o any real shot at winning a championship anytime soon, then i think we need to find another plan.

well, i believe the ultimate goal is a championship, which only in very few instances, can be done overnight. and considering what he started with, he is still headed in the right direction. There was no other center out there. Frye will be our center of the future, but hes not ready to start right off the bat. now, please tell me, who you would have started at center or acquired for the position?
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  5:11 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TMS:

well, i believe the ultimate goal is a championship, which only in very few instances, can be done overnight. and considering what he started with, he is still headed in the right direction. There was no other center out there. Frye will be our center of the future, but hes not ready to start right off the bat. now, please tell me, who you would have started at center or acquired for the position?

i've already said, if you're looking for steak & there's nothing but sloppy joe, i say pass & wait for something better to come along...in the meantime, play the young kids, let them grow, & keep your options open...how do you know what will become available at the trade deadline this year? locking up a scrub like Jerome James to a full MLE deal is not good business in my book...i'm really sorry that some of you simply can't accept the fact that i disagree with you, but you're just going to have to live with it...what else can i tell ya.
jaydh
7/14/2005  5:11 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TMS:

i've already said, if you're looking for steak & there's nothing but sloppy joe, i say pass & wait for something better to come along...in the meantime, play the young kids, let them grow, & keep your options open...how do you know what will become available at the trade deadline this year? locking up a scrub like Jerome James to a full MLE deal is not good business in my book...i'm really sorry that some of you simply can't accept the fact that i disagree with you, but you're just going to have to live with it...what else can i tell ya.

so, by what you are saying, we should start frye at center right away?
jaydh
7/14/2005  5:12 PM
btw, signing JJ isnt going to stop us from pulling something off at the deadline.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2005  5:13 PM

Big ole JJ gonna tear us apart!

Nalod Belief:

Wiz got better deal from Lakes. Caron is better than Q! Lakes are freaking shewd! Signed Kwame for two years with 3rd as option! Wow! Leave that Yao money for year three! They is thinking that team!

JJ 5 years at 5 mil per is chump change. He is good for us for two years then becomes Elden Campell. Used only in emergency!

We can't roster Butler and Sweets at once. Or for very long. Mo. T makes sense if we trade Sweets.

Isiah is juggling two scenarios and is smart to do so. Can't take this puppy all the way. Besides, whom is no. 1 pick next year?? Gotta be a euro or some kid whom whos either going, or is aready in school!

Whose the coach?? Larry is the long shot, Im thinking Herb for now, and the team makes sense. Add larry, then maybe Walker.
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  5:13 PM
What will Jerome have to do to prove he's not a scrub this season? I guess noboby remembers how KT used to get into foul trouble all the time too.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  5:15 PM
Posted by roblackman:

What will Jerome have to do to prove he's not a scrub this season? I guess noboby remembers how KT used to get into foul trouble all the time too.

If JJ can put up a double double like KT, I'd be shocked but pleased. The Knicks don't even need him to do that - if he could give them 25 minutes 9ppg 8rpg and 2.5bpg, that would be GREAT. I doubt it happens, but hey, maybe the stars allign.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  5:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Big ole JJ gonna tear us apart!

Nalod Belief:

Wiz got better deal from Lakes. Caron is better than Q! Lakes are freaking shewd! Signed Kwame for two years with 3rd as option! Wow! Leave that Yao money for year three! They is thinking that team!

JJ 5 years at 5 mil per is chump change. He is good for us for two years then becomes Elden Campell. Used only in emergency!

We can't roster Butler and Sweets at once. Or for very long. Mo. T makes sense if we trade Sweets.

Isiah is juggling two scenarios and is smart to do so. Can't take this puppy all the way. Besides, whom is no. 1 pick next year?? Gotta be a euro or some kid whom whos either going, or is aready in school!

Whose the coach?? Larry is the long shot, Im thinking Herb for now, and the team makes sense. Add larry, then maybe Walker.
I don't think Caron's better than Q. But the Lakers included a draft pick (a likely lottery pick). Caron plus a late lottery pick is better than Q (if Q even was offered).
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  6:43 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

If JJ can put up a double double like KT, I'd be shocked but pleased. The Knicks don't even need him to do that - if he could give them 25 minutes 9ppg 8rpg and 2.5bpg, that would be GREAT. I doubt it happens, but hey, maybe the stars allign.

he'd have to almost triple his career averages next year to do that, but i'll say if he even comes close to putting up a double double as his season average next year, i'll be the first one here to admit how wrong i was for doubting Isiah's decision to sign him.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 18:43:52]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/14/2005  10:14 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Pharzeone:

Some people have no perception of business. It is not their wallet so who cares just put pieces I like in the pot. By nature this team is a contradiction of itself. The goal should be to compete every year and rebuild for the future where you can. I think Stern said it best. His goal is to make sure that every team in the NBA compete every year including the Clippers. James was the best center available in a population of decreasing value of centers. Guess what it will only get worst. He tried to get Kwame couldn't, he tried Swift but couldn't. James was the next best option. Some people going nuts over $5 million for James while they are fine with Houston sitting down for 2 years making $43 million. Life is a contradiction.
good post. People think they know trade situations/scenarios better than Isiah. Its possible that James was his last reasonable option.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 07/14/2005 11:49:53]
\

exactly we weren't getting Kwame(not with the Lakers offering Butler & a pick), let alone Swift. I rather than have JJ who will score some points than Hunter. hopefully he's right about staying out of foul trouble by not going after every block shot like he did successfully during the playoffs

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 07/14/2005 22:19:47]
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/15/2005  7:50 AM
Posted by TMS:
What is the plan?

ask Bonn & diderotn...they're the only ones who seem to understand Isiah's moves up to this point.

Looks to me like he is trying to do something that not a whole lot of teams can do and that is rebuild WHILE contending. This team is looking like it is being built to be competitive for a championship in 2 to 3 years and then starting a long run of contention.

Marbury will be around 30, Q will be 28, Craw 26 and hopefully developed, Frye may have taken over at the center position...Lee and Robinson will be that much more developed. Ariza will be are starting SF, James will only be 32 at center....

James-Frye-Ariza-Q-Steph with Craw-Nate-Lee may or may not be a championship caliber team in a few years.

I think Zeke's plan is to rebuild while staying in contention. He has repeatedly said that NY will not tolerate a total rebuilding year. He never said anything about trying to be competitve and rebuilding.
~You can't run from who you are.~
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/15/2005  7:58 AM
being competitive and rebuilding are contradictions. So, yes, I agree with the subject title...is it a bad thing...in new york, it's actually a preferred thing.

The bulls were allowed to suck for 5 years, they won 6 of the previous 8 championships...the knicks haven't won since the early 70's, and they still sell out MSG.

we will continue to be competitive AND rebuild.

A walking contradiction I love.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/15/2005 07:59:55]
all kool aid all the time.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/15/2005  9:43 AM
I like what Isiah has done with this team. They are longer, youger and more athletic. There is nothing contradictory about that. In addition, James is going to be decent for most of his contract and the contract is not bad for a 7 fter. He could be trade if need be.

As for not hiring a coach yet, IT has to wait for Brown. It would make NY instantly better next year and thus give him his due.

Herb is trying to teach D to the team. Much more so than Chaney ever did. Herb learned under Riley and JVG. He is a VERY SMART man from everything that I have read. I see the SL team really playing D for Aguiire now, so I KNOW they are making D an emphasis. If Westphal is hired as O coordinator, then NY will be fine. The offensive talent is there.

Is the contradiction that James is too old? Since when is 29 old?

Come on now! Kwame is a bust. Let's be real. He is no better than OLOWAKANDI!
Isiah is a walking contradiction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy