Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  1:52 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

JYD = veteran role player who fits into the style of play Isiah is looking to achieve

Jerome James, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, Vin Baker, KT (signed to an extension) = veteran role players who do not fit into the style of play Isiah is looking to achieve

i wonder why i feel that Isiah's been inconsistent in his plan.
I assume Malik Rose was obtained just to get 2 draft picks, not because he was actually a part of the plan and Baker was a part of the Crawford deal implicitly. So you can cross those two off the list. Kt's extension allowed us to get Nate and Q. I don't think Isiah ever intended to keep Kurt for the length of his contract. I think he extended him so that he could find the right time to trade him for young and athletic players like Q and Nate. The Mo Taylor is the one move that apparently doesn't fit with the plan. I don't expect a GM to be perfect, and I think that trade was a mistake. Jerome James can at least be a nice role player at C for 20 mpg. I don't see why that doesn't fit in with Isiah's plan.

i get it now...Isiah's signing Jerome James to a 5 year deal so he can turn around & trade him in 2 years for 2 1st rounders & a veteran role player...it's all a part of the master plan!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  1:56 PM
Posted by simrud:

People who come back with an argument that rebuilding makes you loose for 5 years, wake up!

HE ALREADY LOST FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS!

If we rebuilt like any team should, we would have had only 2 years or so left of sucking at this point, instead of infinitiy!

isiah wasnt here when that started
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  1:57 PM
it's tough man.

this one good move one bad move stuff is frustrating as hell.

isiah was on top of the world on draft night. but he follows it up with another long term deal for an underachiever.

it's tough man.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by simrud:

People who come back with an argument that rebuilding makes you loose for 5 years, wake up!

HE ALREADY LOST FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS!

If we rebuilt like any team should, we would have had only 2 years or so left of sucking at this point, instead of infinitiy!

isiah wasnt here when that started

exactly.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/14/2005 14:06:31]
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:06 PM
On the whole, we are a much better team and we have an actual center on the team...

kwame was a dream unless we wanted to give up Q (NO WAY!), the others wanted some form of sign and trade which would have added an additional 5 year 5 million year contract anyway.

Frye can be brought along slowly, James can start...

I really couldn't see us getting anybody else, to be honest.

Everybody else was a PF (which we have plenty of) and/or wanted atleast 7 million.

James is a true center that will be useful in more ways than you can imagine.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:09 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

it's tough man.

this one good move one bad move stuff is frustrating as hell.

isiah was on top of the world on draft night. but he follows it up with another long term deal for an underachiever.

it's tough man.

If he had done nothing, now that would have been disappointing...long term deal for an underachiever? Which available player (kwame specifically, who everyone is drooling over) was not an underachiever?

Underachiever? He's worth $5...sht...TT makes 15 million, Rose 6 - 7 mill, moT 8 million.

I'd say he is worth the price we paid...i mean, how much does magglioure get paid (sorry for the spelling).

You guys are just chronic complainers...he could do no right...for everyone that says trade marbury, there is someone that says keep marbury...for everyone that says go get kwame, there is someone that says don't get kwame.

He's a center...we have a center...we should be thanking our lucky stars.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  2:11 PM
no chronic complaining here. up until yesterday, since the draft, i was on a major kool-aid high.

but i don't like this move.

it's not an end all be all move but it's still more of the same from this management. it just doesn't fit with the young guys he's brought aboard.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:11 PM
I liked the MoT trade...he's a post up player...and I mean, the strict definition of a post up player.

I'd rather have a couple of post up options on our team should be somehow make a playoff run.

No team that didn't have a post up option has won a championship in almost never...and don't say jordan, not only is he a freak of nature, but he also could post up his defender at will.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:13 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

no chronic complaining here. up until yesterday, since the draft, i was on a major kool-aid high.

but i don't like this move.

it's not an end all be all move but it's still more of the same from this management. it just doesn't fit with the young guys he's brought aboard.

He's an eventual mid level exception role player that plays center.
I really didn't see us getting anything else done without giving up our youth or skill positions.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/14/2005  2:16 PM
hey dj...sorry I didn't mean to say complain...I think zeke has a plan...if you look at the pistons that won when he was on that team, that team on paper is crap...an undersized foul prone center, a short guard and a bunch of role players (rodman...jeez)...the bulls as well.

Let's see how they are used before we ring in the alrm...

Underachievers can be mad einto over achievers easily.

Keep the faith fellas.
MS
Member: #724
7/14/2005  2:22 PM
Zeke should not be a general manager period......

Nate Robinson is the only real impact player he picked up, Frye will never understand how to stay in the game, this kid sucks in my opinion four years in college at Arizona and he is fouling out in summer league, that is seriously sad

And why would you ever sign a player like James now we have the three headed underachieving front court monster, TT, MO T, jj
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  3:03 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

JYD = veteran role player who fits into the style of play Isiah is looking to achieve

Jerome James, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, Vin Baker, KT (signed to an extension) = veteran role players who do not fit into the style of play Isiah is looking to achieve

i wonder why i feel that Isiah's been inconsistent in his plan.
I assume Malik Rose was obtained just to get 2 draft picks, not because he was actually a part of the plan and Baker was a part of the Crawford deal implicitly. So you can cross those two off the list. Kt's extension allowed us to get Nate and Q. I don't think Isiah ever intended to keep Kurt for the length of his contract. I think he extended him so that he could find the right time to trade him for young and athletic players like Q and Nate. The Mo Taylor is the one move that apparently doesn't fit with the plan. I don't expect a GM to be perfect, and I think that trade was a mistake. Jerome James can at least be a nice role player at C for 20 mpg. I don't see why that doesn't fit in with Isiah's plan.

i get it now...Isiah's signing Jerome James to a 5 year deal so he can turn around & trade him in 2 years for 2 1st rounders & a veteran role player...it's all a part of the master plan!
Obviously you don't get it now, as I made clear already that that's merely one of many possibilities.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  3:22 PM
I'm just wondering how many loosing seasons with unmet expectations will it take for people to give up on IT since his decision makin is apparantly an oflimits topic if you are a "true knickebocker" whatever the hell that means.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
jaydh
Member: #96
7/14/2005  3:26 PM
Posted by simrud:

I'm just wondering how many loosing seasons with unmet expectations will it take for people to give up on IT since his decision makin is apparantly an oflimits topic if you are a "true knickebocker" whatever the hell that means.

some people are just so quick to give up on isiah after such a short time.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  3:27 PM
Dude, the minute Zeke got to N.Y. he turned a very bad team into a playoffs team. The next year after that, injuries killed our momentum, but I expect the second full year to be a really good one. We are a second round playoffs team as we stand right now.

Posted by simrud:

The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  3:37 PM
James is a good role player and will be valuable at times. He will help us win some games.

He burdens our roster with another LONG contract attached to a player thats a career underacheiver and has logged 15-20 DNPs a year for various BS

He's 30

He's not a good guy

We filled a need here, but we did so in a way that may hurt us more than help us. Time will tell but this isnt a good investment.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
7/14/2005  3:40 PM
did you just say isiah turned us into a playoff team, please! we finished under 500 and the celtics were worse than us, it was impossible not to make the playoffs
MS
7/14/2005  3:40 PM
did you just say isiah turned us into a playoff team, please! we finished under 500 and the celtics were worse than us, it was impossible not to make the playoffs
BRIGGS
Member: #303
7/14/2005  3:49 PM
hey listen, hes hedging his bets--if we win, hey hes a genius, if we lose, we were just rebuilding.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Member: #303
7/14/2005  3:57 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I liked the MoT trade...he's a post up player...and I mean, the strict definition of a post up player.

I'd rather have a couple of post up options on our team should be somehow make a playoff run.

No team that didn't have a post up option has won a championship in almost never...and don't say jordan, not only is he a freak of nature, but he also could post up his defender at will.

rvhos you would be happy if isiah brought back manute bol

do the rose colored glasses look like this

RIP Crushalot😞
Isiah is a walking contradiction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy