[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah is a walking contradiction
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/14/2005  11:20 AM
To me, this the Jerome James signing just adds to the cake. He is constantly saying that he wants young and athletic players, but he goes after old guys who just hinder the future.

Then, he said something close to "We got the big names making the big dollars, but they aren't having the big games anymore." So you're gonna sign a crappy name and give him big dollars instead?

What is the plan? What is his plan for the frontcourt? We need an absolute star frontcort player for now and the longrun not named Antoine Walker. What if Frye doesn't pan out? This is the way I see it. Isiah Thomas is being extremely careless right now.

I wasn't a big fan of signing Kwame to start, b/c I didn't think NY would be good for him, however, having him is looking mighty swell compared to Jerome.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  11:22 AM
What is the plan?

ask Bonn & diderotn...they're the only ones who seem to understand Isiah's moves up to this point.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  11:25 AM
He's building a playoff-contending starting 5, with a mix of youth/athleticism and experienced veterans on the bench.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
roblackman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #926
7/14/2005  11:27 AM
Jerome James IS athletic and can play a running style. You need a mix of young and veteran players to be a competitive team.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by roblackman:

Jerome James IS athletic and can play a running style. You need a mix of young and veteran players to be a competitive team.
maybe your thinking of another Jerome James. I'm thinking of the one thats 7-1, shows up fat every year and averages 5 points and 4 boards for his career and is now ours for 5 years and $36mm.

Allanfan20 said it perfect. It was like a 1-2 punch. I'm on vacation and what do I see scroll across the bottom on the ESPN banner. The Lakers get Kwame Brown and the Knicks Jerome James. This franchise is impossible to love... it really is.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/14/2005  11:41 AM
Some people have no perception of business. It is not their wallet so who cares just put pieces I like in the pot. By nature this team is a contradiction of itself. The goal should be to compete every year and rebuild for the future where you can. I think Stern said it best. His goal is to make sure that every team in the NBA compete every year including the Clippers. James was the best center available in a population of decreasing value of centers. Guess what it will only get worst. He tried to get Kwame couldn't, he tried Swift but couldn't. James was the next best option. Some people going nuts over $5 million for James while they are fine with Houston sitting down for 2 years making $43 million. Life is a contradiction.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  11:44 AM
wrong wrong wrong. Always getting the next best thing is a cycle in the NBA. The teams that DONT settle are the ones that get the best thing the next time.

Now we have locked ourselves into a 30 year old player always hurt, always out of shape and has played a full season once.

This is pathetic right up there with Vin Baker and Mo Taylor.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
USA
7/14/2005  11:48 AM
Perhaps when I had that meeting with God, before I moved to Earth we discussed what I wanted in life. And in this meeting, I said "WOW, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson! I want to be a Yankee fan!" And God said, "Certainly Allanfan, but the price to being a Yankee fan will to be a Knick fan as well."
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Some people have no perception of business. It is not their wallet so who cares just put pieces I like in the pot. By nature this team is a contradiction of itself. The goal should be to compete every year and rebuild for the future where you can. I think Stern said it best. His goal is to make sure that every team in the NBA compete every year including the Clippers. James was the best center available in a population of decreasing value of centers. Guess what it will only get worst. He tried to get Kwame couldn't, he tried Swift but couldn't. James was the next best option. Some people going nuts over $5 million for James while they are fine with Houston sitting down for 2 years making $43 million. Life is a contradiction.
good post. People think they know trade situations/scenarios better than Isiah. Its possible that James was his last reasonable option.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 07/14/2005 11:49:53]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

People think they know trade situations/scenarios better than Isiah. Its possible that James was his last reasonable option.

ic...so under that logic i guess we won't be seeing you EVER disagreeing with any moves any GM ever makes for as long as you're posting on this board?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
USA
7/14/2005  11:53 AM
OK, so you go to a store, you have a lot of money, but you're really hungry. You want steak, but they don't have any. So you ask if they have burgers, but they don't have any. They say the best thing they have is Tofu. Do you get the Tofo or let your hunger build up and go to another store? Same exact situation for the Knicks. They should have just waited things out.
Silverfuel
USA
7/14/2005  11:55 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

People think they know trade situations/scenarios better than Isiah. Its possible that James was his last reasonable option.

ic...so under that logic i guess we won't be seeing you EVER disagreeing with any moves any GM ever makes for as long as you're posting on this board?
Your beef is with my logic, my beef is with you/others trying to think you know better than the GM. Its not like he ignored all the other better options. Kwame, swift and Dalembert rumors filled this board too. Where there is smoke there is fire so there is a good chance he asked about them. If he decided on Jerome James, chances are we couldnt have gotten those players.

Under my logic, if a retard decides to sign or trade a player without considering other options, then I can disagree with him.
Silverfuel
USA
7/14/2005  11:58 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Do you get the Tofo or let your hunger build up and go to another store? Same exact situation for the Knicks. They should have just waited things out.
That I cannot argue with. There is a difference in saying, "lets be patient" and "we should've gotten Kwame". My problem is people saying we should've gotten Kwame! With all those Kwame rumors all over the place, I am sure we tried. When I said 'last reasonable option' I meant out of the current lot. I agree that we should've been patient though.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 07/14/2005 12:01:42]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  12:01 PM
Isiah is full of bull. He cares more about his contract and placating Dolan than about winning.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  12:03 PM
to those that say he was the best thing left means that it was a DESPERATION move.
Silverfuel
USA
7/14/2005  12:03 PM
Posted by Rich:

Isiah is full of bull. He cares more about his contract and placating Dolan than about winning.
I would think he would get an over the hill star player to appease Dolan. I think Jerome James kinda puts him in trouble.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Rich:

I would think he would get an over the hill star player to appease Dolan. I think Jerome James kinda puts him in trouble.

Dolan merely wants the revenue from making the playoffs every year rather than having his GM take the often painful steps to build a championship team.

James could well help them make the playoffs, but in contrast to a player like Kwame, he doesn't have the potential to take them to a high level.
Silverfuel
USA
7/14/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Rich:

Dolan merely wants the revenue from making the playoffs every year rather than having his GM take the often painful steps to build a championship team.
You are right. I doubt we will go anywhere in the playoffs but that first round money is huge for Dolan.
James could well help them make the playoffs, but in contrast to a player like Kwame, he doesn't have the potential to take them to a high level.
I really dont think we should've taken a chance on this guy. He reminds me too much of TT. All the potential, no motivation. I am happy we didnt get him.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  12:17 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Your beef is with my logic, my beef is with you/others trying to think you know better than the GM. Its not like he ignored all the other better options. Kwame, swift and Dalembert rumors filled this board too. Where there is smoke there is fire so there is a good chance he asked about them. If he decided on Jerome James, chances are we couldnt have gotten those players.

Under my logic, if a retard decides to sign or trade a player without considering other options, then I can disagree with him.

my point is (to use Allanfan's analogy), when you go looking for steak you shouldn't have to settle for sloppy joe just because you're hungry...you can have a light snack & wait until you get the steak you're after.

****, is it lunchtime yet?

seriously though, this was a nonsensical signing...your accusation that i think i know better than Isiah is silly...it's all about what's better for this organization's longterm future...signing Jerome James to a 5 year MLE deal is not my idea of progress.
Silverfuel
USA
7/14/2005  12:23 PM
Posted by TMS:

my point is (to use Allanfan's analogy), when you go looking for steak you shouldn't have to settle for sloppy joe just because you're hungry...you can have a light snack & wait until you get the steak you're after.

****, is it lunchtime yet?

seriously though, this was a nonsensical signing...your accusation that i think i know better than Isiah is silly...it's all about what's better for this organization's longterm future...signing Jerome James to a 5 year MLE deal is not my idea of progress.
Once agian, if you are saying "we should've waited a little longer" I agree with you. I am not high on JJ at all. I just dont agree with people saying, "We should've gotten Kwame," as if we totally neglected him or others. If you are not saying this then you are not one of the people that thinks they know better than Isiah.

About the Kwame thing: I remember rumors spawning multiple Kwame threads on this forum discussing trades. We did the same thing with Sam Dalembert. According to that, Zeke explored other options.
Isiah is a walking contradiction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy