[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our TRADE(S)
Author Thread
NYCFAN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #88
8/13/2001  1:07 PM
I know many of you are down on Layden for the trades he’s done, but I assure you he’s still got one up his sleeves. The trade we had was good for us. We got younger, but still we acquired longer contracts. Let me just state a fact: the Knicks will never be under the cap, because they’ve got an owner with an open wallet. So don’t complain about any contracts. Anyway, I think we are down to four or five options for back up center, that will make our roster complete. This person needs to be at least 6’10 or taller to be of any use to us.

1- Trading Ward for Foyle and a filler.
2- Trading Ward and Harrington for a signed Marc Jackson. We sign him to a contract that starts up high (around 8 mill. This year) and moves its way down.
3- Trading Ward, Harrington and a pick for Lafrentz and a filler.
4- This one seems like the best option since the Bulls are in need of a PG.
Ward, Harrington for Miller and a one million dollar filler… (remember the bulls still have 2 million under the cap so it doesn’t have to be straight.) We can add a pick if we get a decent filler.
5- This I doubt: we trade Ward and Harrinton for White. No PICK!

This way our lineup is complete. We have an up and coming center, with a young back up (we trade for that person). Good depth at PF. Allstars at the 2 and 3. Hopefully, jax and esiley do a good job manning the point..

Comments??
AUTOADVERT
jadedj
Member: #50
USA
8/13/2001  1:54 PM
I personally don't think the trade to get rid of Rice and bring in Eisley and Anderson hurt the Knicks.

I think the best possibility for us is to get Foyle for Ward so he can run the 4/5spot.

Out backcourt is better and we are fine for the 2 & 3. What we need is another stellar season from Kurt, for Marcus to stay healthy (that means 70+ games), for Eisley to grasp that starting role (I say it takes 15-20 games for JVG to implement this) and for Houston to stop being such a wimp.

That said, no is going to beat the Lake-show barring anything abnormal, so the point is somewhat moot.
J
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/14/2001  11:00 AM
Posted by jadedj:

I personally don't think the trade to get rid of Rice and bring in Eisley and Anderson hurt the Knicks.

I think the best possibility for us is to get Foyle for Ward so he can run the 4/5spot.

Out backcourt is better and we are fine for the 2 & 3. What we need is another stellar season from Kurt, for Marcus to stay healthy (that means 70+ games), for Eisley to grasp that starting role (I say it takes 15-20 games for JVG to implement this) and for Houston to stop being such a wimp.

That said, no is going to beat the Lake-show barring anything abnormal, so the point is somewhat moot.
Talent-wise the trade didn't improve us, but chemisty-wise it did and thats what matters. On top of that, we got younger, more athletic and that improves our team a lot. The only thing we are really missing at this point is a solid back-up center who can give Camby a break here and there. Foyle, Miller, Ostertag, Geiger, and White are some possibilities for Ward.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/14/2001  3:46 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by jadedj:

Talent-wise the trade didn't improve us, but chemisty-wise it did and thats what matters. On top of that, we got younger, more athletic and that improves our team a lot. The only thing we are really missing at this point is a solid back-up center who can give Camby a break here and there. Foyle, Miller, Ostertag, Geiger, and White are some possibilities for Ward.
truth
Our TRADE(S)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy