[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Boys!!!!! Am I excited about next season????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  7:12 AM
I haven't been excited about a Knicks season since the last year we went to the finals...Isiah has resurrected my optimism about our team. He did some pretty good things this off-season by acquiring the players that he did. We now have guys that can flat out produce all around. We have capable: PGs, SGs, SF?????, PFs, and finally Centers...Although there are some question marks at the SF position and coaching, but the expiring contracts and the opportunity to finally move Houston give us options to continue upgrading our roster all through midseason.

Forgive me fans; I can't wait for next season.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2005  7:49 AM
Fool,

We lost the 6th best rebounder in the league, have no coach, and have rookies whom present upside, but not next season.

The prospect of Q is good, but not the prospect of what could have been a healthy Allan.

I expect little from Frye, and can't imagine Sweets can fill the prodution left from the departing KT.

We have not significantly upgraded our roster at all. We have upgraded our future potential.

We don't have a coach.

Expiring contracts don't play, the players who own them do. Exited about penny? TT?

The h20 cut will allow for fiscal responsability and allow if choosen the ability move to a rebuild if management so chooses!

We still have the same core.

I am excited to see Nate and if sweets has improved. Always excited to see Reezy play, and David Lee!

I don't expect much, unless Larry is coaching. Then we see if we try to accelerate into the playoffs, or larry teaches and lays the foundation for a future culture of winning.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  7:54 AM
You'll find out who our coach is very soon.

The building, as opposed to rebuilding, isn't quite done yet.

Relax.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Nalod
USA
7/14/2005  8:31 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Relax.

I ain't down at all, I am excited we are laying a foundation, and will support the kids if given run.

I will NOt be excited to see James, TT, rose/Mo. T with Marbs and Crawful as our starters. But its the reality we face. I am excited about a future and seeing the kids mature and grow.

I understand the need for Jerome James (uggh, another "JJ"! Dynomite! Yuch!) but don't have to be thrilled.

I would be excited at the thought of Frye and Sweets upfront, with Reezy/lee at sf, and our veteran backcourt. We might not win, but those kids will grow faster!

I am not excited to see Marbs throw up 25 shots a game and run his personality over the rookies. this is a very young team now!

Will herb garner the respect of the Vets?

I got questions, and its still a work in progress, So While Im not excited, I am hopeful and other than James, pretty happy with the moves being made.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  8:37 AM
Posted by Nalod:

The prospect of Q is good, but not the prospect of what could have been a healthy Allan.
I dunno how you can say that? Q can post up other SG's, drive, pass and rebound if he was told to, H2O couldnt do that! Q also proved last year that he could be an effective 3ball guy. I think we will be fine without Allan Houston.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  8:42 AM
Some Knicks fans are still stock in the past...Forgive them. Houston never did anything speciall in N.Y.?? special to me is help win a championship.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/14/2005  8:50 AM
If you go by that statement, not even Pat did anything special in NY..

but anyways, I am also excited about this coming season. I can't wait to see what other moves will be made this summer to balance out the roster. Ariza was the sole reason I made it threw last season, and at the very least, he'll be the one to get me through this season. Combine that with having Trevor, Sweets, Crawford, Q, Nate, Lee, Channing, and maybe even Butler for garbage minutes, all 25 or younger, is something I am looking forward to.
I still don't like that James signing, but if they can get him to work his ass off, I'll be fine with it.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  8:57 AM
There is nothing to be excited about unless you are a crazed maniac like Dido lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  9:05 AM
The ultimate goal is always to win a championship, anything less is unacceptable. You can't be a hero if you don't have the hardware to show for it.

Posted by MaTT4281:

If you go by that statement, not even Pat did anything special in NY..

but anyways, I am also excited about this coming season. I can't wait to see what other moves will be made this summer to balance out the roster. Ariza was the sole reason I made it threw last season, and at the very least, he'll be the one to get me through this season. Combine that with having Trevor, Sweets, Crawford, Q, Nate, Lee, Channing, and maybe even Butler for garbage minutes, all 25 or younger, is something I am looking forward to.
I still don't like that James signing, but if they can get him to work his ass off, I'll be fine with it.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/14/2005  9:19 AM
Posted by diderotn:

The ultimate goal is always to win a championship, anything less is unacceptable. You can't be a hero if you don't have the hardware to show for it.

It's true that every player's ultimate goal is to win a ring, but you can't go on that alone. Patrick, Reggie, KG to date, all have gone without a ring, but that doesn't mean they're nothing special. All deserved to win a ring, unfortunately weren't on the right teams at the right time.
Don't tell me that you don't consider these guys to be anything special just because they're not sporting any hardware.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 07/14/2005 09:20:42]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  9:33 AM
dido's kool aid is SPIKED!!!
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  9:48 AM
Look, individual accolades do not do anything for a team. This is a team sport after all. If the final product is not a championship, regardless of how one did individually, until he can help a team to win the big dance, he fails. No one is ever remebered for finishing second place...Individual accolades are different from teams' success. Sorry, I am just different. Detroit has a lot of good players who play team basketball. When it is all said and done, they will be remembered for the championships that they have won together. in my opinion, that is a lot more valuable.
Nalod
USA
7/14/2005  10:09 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Nalod:

I dunno how you can say that? Q can post up other SG's, drive, pass and rebound if he was told to, H2O couldnt do that! Q also proved last year that he could be an effective 3ball guy. I think we will be fine without Allan Houston.

What I am saying is a healthy h20 is and was a better player than Q. 12 mos ago we thought Allan would return to be our starting shooting guard, with Craw as our backup. That "PROMISED" to be be pretty decent and we were EXCITED over that prospect.

IT proved to be a false hope, and we have moved on. I am not EXCITED about Q, but am glad we moved forward.

Other teams get better, as did we. But we are not a 40 game winner next season as the roster stands.

Just my opinion.
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  10:18 AM
I think with this roster, we are capable of winning about 42 games with subpar coaching. With great coaching, we can win at least 50+ games...
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:40 AM
I'll be excited as long as Herb Williams isn't the coach.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by bobs3304:

Relax.

I ain't down at all, I am excited we are laying a foundation, and will support the kids if given run.

I will NOt be excited to see James, TT, rose/Mo. T with Marbs and Crawful as our starters. But its the reality we face. I am excited about a future and seeing the kids mature and grow.

I understand the need for Jerome James (uggh, another "JJ"! Dynomite! Yuch!) but don't have to be thrilled.

I would be excited at the thought of Frye and Sweets upfront, with Reezy/lee at sf, and our veteran backcourt. We might not win, but those kids will grow faster!

I am not excited to see Marbs throw up 25 shots a game and run his personality over the rookies. this is a very young team now!

Will herb garner the respect of the Vets?

I got questions, and its still a work in progress, So While Im not excited, I am hopeful and other than James, pretty happy with the moves being made.

I agree nalod. I was prepared to go into the season giving the rookies and young guys a majority of the run, we have two first round draft picks next year, so what if we ended back up in the lottery, I am sure it would have been fun watching the youngins develop and work toward reaching their potential. Now I have to endure guys like JYD, rose, taylor, TT get a majority of the burn while we struggle for a 8th seed in the playoffs, I hate that. I love the foundation we are laying but lets play the kids... I am afraid we are going to get walker(which would really piss me off) and he along with that slug TT will take time from Lee and sweetney. Do we really need that?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  10:42 AM
Dude! you and I both. But with WestPhal as his main assistant, I don't know....I want Brown or Laimbeer.

Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  10:46 AM
Posted by Nalod:

What I am saying is a healthy h20 is and was a better player than Q. 12 mos ago we thought Allan would return to be our starting shooting guard, with Craw as our backup. That "PROMISED" to be be pretty decent and we were EXCITED over that prospect.
I usually agree with you but not this time. I really dont think a healthy Houston is a better "player" than Q. He would fit better in the guard rotation because he is a better shooter than Q but thats all. I am not a huge Q fan yet and I am not really excited about Q either. We are comparing Q to Houston which speaks for his value itself!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:46 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Dude! you and I both. But with WestPhal as his main assistant, I don't know....I want Brown or Laimbeer.

Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Paul Westphal and Herb Williams is the worst thing that can happen. We need a tough, experienced, winning disciplinarian to develope this young team. What are they going to learn from 2 soft offensive minded coaches who cannot teach defense? We don't need an offensive coaches!
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  10:48 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Paul Westphal and Herb Williams is the worst thing that can happen. We need a tough, experienced, winning disciplinarian to develope this young team. What are they going to learn from 2 soft offensive minded coaches who cannot teach defense? We don't need an offensive coaches!

When did Herb become an offensive guru? I thought he is a defense guy who didn't have the luxury to change the defensive mind set of a team in the middle of last season.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
Boys!!!!! Am I excited about next season????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy