[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Etan on Kwame
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  2:03 AM
I'm so tired of hearing people who don't know what they are talking about say that he quit or that he is this terrible,” said Etan. “People have to realize that Kwame didn’t quit; he was suspended. I'm not saying that he chose the best method of handling his frustrations by not coming to practice or the next shootaround, but he didn't quit. He just wanted to play and got frustrated and didn't handle it well.”

But didn’t he cuss out Eddie Jordan when they got together to discuss the situation?

“Naw that isn’t true,” said Thomas. "They had a meeting and they told him that he was going to be suspended for the rest of the season, but that was decided before the meeting. That’s what I mean though; people are throwing all of this dirt on Kwame and most of the time they don't even know what they are talking about.”

Even if the Wizards decide they want him back, does Kwame want to return or has he resigned himself to moving on with a different team?

“He wants to shut up all of the critics, get the fans on his side, he just wants to play,” said Thomas. “Kwame is just getting himself ready so that he is prepared to work with whatever cards he's dealt. He knows that it’s out of his hands now. He is going to work hard regardless.”

And his teammates want him back? They don’t feel betrayed?

“A lot could be different next year with him healthy and now with Larry gone, we need him,” Thomas said. “You have to realize he was playing hurt for most of the year, and that if he's healthy, he is exactly what we need as the third scorer with Larry gone. And an inside scorer at that. I don't think we can afford not to re-sign him.”

But the team had their best season in years with barely a contribution from him. What makes Etan so certain he’s finally going to live up to his potential?

“I know what he can do and I don't want to see him go someplace else and blow up like Rasheed, Ben Wallace, or Rip did when he can do that right here,” said Thomas. “If he comes back next year and has the type of season that he is capable of, believe me, all will be forgiven.”
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  2:05 AM
Hey, I thought giving up Q was too high a price for Kwame, but I would rather trde Q for a C with potentially a big upside than sign James for five year, who has little upside.

btw, Links would be appreciated.
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
7/14/2005  2:14 AM
Posted by Rich:

Hey, I thought giving up Q was too high a price for Kwame, but I would rather trde Q for a C with potentially a big upside than sign James for five year, who has little upside.

btw, Links would be appreciated.

Don't you understand? He's Briggs! He doesn't need links.

lol Anyway, I truely am sick of getting these quotes from teammates about players that we all have an eye on. That's sooo ridiculous. Ask one of Frye's new Knick teammates about him and they'll say nothing but good things. Ask Steph about Crawford's shot selection and Steph will say that Craw's shot selection delima is blown way out of proportion. Ask JYD does Tim Thomas slack and he will say "no, Tim just went through a tough time last season because of family issues. Tim is a hard worker with a lot of skills. He can post you up, he shot and he can play off the dribble"

Show me some quotes by ex-teammates. People who have absolutely nothing riding on it. In this case, Etan and Kwame are actually friends (just like Steph and Craw). I've heard Doug Collins talk about Kwame plenty of times and question his efforts. I'd take an ex-coach over a teammate's (who is also your buddy) opinion anyday.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  6:51 AM
Sorry Brigg, Etan is a poet, he doesn't speak with that tone...

Posted by BRIGGS:

I'm so tired of hearing people who don't know what they are talking about say that he quit or that he is this terrible,” said Etan. “People have to realize that Kwame didn’t quit; he was suspended. I'm not saying that he chose the best method of handling his frustrations by not coming to practice or the next shootaround, but he didn't quit. He just wanted to play and got frustrated and didn't handle it well.”

But didn’t he cuss out Eddie Jordan when they got together to discuss the situation?

“Naw that isn’t true,” said Thomas. "They had a meeting and they told him that he was going to be suspended for the rest of the season, but that was decided before the meeting. That’s what I mean though; people are throwing all of this dirt on Kwame and most of the time they don't even know what they are talking about.”

Even if the Wizards decide they want him back, does Kwame want to return or has he resigned himself to moving on with a different team?

“He wants to shut up all of the critics, get the fans on his side, he just wants to play,” said Thomas. “Kwame is just getting himself ready so that he is prepared to work with whatever cards he's dealt. He knows that it’s out of his hands now. He is going to work hard regardless.”

“A lot could be different next year with him healthy and now with Larry gone, we need him,” Thomas said. “You have to realize he was playing hurt for most of the year, and that if he's healthy, he is exactly what we need as the third scorer with Larry gone. And an inside scorer at that. I don't think we can afford not to re-sign him.”

But the team had their best season in years with barely a contribution from him. What makes Etan so certain he’s finally going to live up to his potential?

“I know what he can do and I don't want to see him go someplace else and blow up like Rasheed, Ben Wallace, or Rip did when he can do that right here,” said Thomas. “If he comes back next year and has the type of season that he is capable of, believe me, all will be forgiven.”
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  7:03 AM
Kwame has been traded....Yeah....enough with the idea of bringing Kwame to N.Y

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-brown14jul14,1,1952608.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/14/2005  10:30 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

This is a different side of Thomas, he criticized Brown during the Bulls series but said he still supports him. Interesting if true. I wonder if it was Ernie Grunfled, I think he wanted to clear all Jordan moves like Isiah with Layden. I am curious. Please provide link to story, I would like to read the article.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:39 AM
Thank God no Kwame Brown in New York. Poor kid would have cried a river the first game he was booed. Some of you take this 'potential' bs too seriously. First with Andrew Bynum, now with Kwame Brown. Just because a kid is 19 and athletic, it doesn't mean he's going to develope into a great basketball player.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/14/2005  11:07 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Don't you understand? He's Briggs! He doesn't need links.
[/quote]

Now that was funny!! LOL.

Rich obviously doesn't understand yet.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/14/2005  12:24 PM
I think Kwame has shown flashes of being amazing. Higher ceiling players are the type we need in NY.

BUT - we'll see what kwame really is all about this year. If playing with Kobe doesnt completely break Kwame mentally, Kwame is mentally tough.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

I think Kwame has shown flashes of being amazing. Higher ceiling players are the type we need in NY.
Its too late now but do you think we could've motivated him to play harder? His talent was always visible so I would never question that. I was worried cause we couldnt even convince Sweetney to lose weight or TT to use his potential.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  1:56 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Thank God no Kwame Brown in New York. Poor kid would have cried a river the first game he was booed. Some of you take this 'potential' bs too seriously. First with Andrew Bynum, now with Kwame Brown. Just because a kid is 19 and athletic, it doesn't mean he's going to develope into a great basketball player.

Im sorry to break them off on you dude, or take your head out of the sand, but there are SOME BIG time names making the decisions for the Lakers. You are acting like these guys have no hope, they cant make it, they sck for eternity, Isiah was dead on with JEROME JAMEs [2 double doubles in 162 career games] and Channing Frye. Well we will see who is right. To be honest I trust Phil Jackson and Tex Winters more than anyone on the Knicks.

RIP Crushalot😞
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/14/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Im sorry to break them off on you dude, or take your head out of the sand, but there are SOME BIG time names making the decisions for the Lakers. You are acting like these guys have no hope, they cant make it, they sck for eternity, Isiah was dead on with JEROME JAMEs [2 double doubles in 162 career games] and Channing Frye. Well we will see who is right. To be honest I trust Phil Jackson and Tex Winters more than anyone on the Knicks.

In that case, it has been said that Phil didn't want Bynum. So go figure.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Etan on Kwame

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy