[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

oh come on
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  10:29 AM
I don't know if you remember this, but Phill is only signed for 3 years...you actually believe that the Lakers will win the championship within those 3 years???? I dont think so. TD, KG, SHAQ AND THE Wallace brothers would have to retire for that to happen. Keep in mind that Phoenix will also be fighting to get to the big dance.
\
Also, I guess I must be a schmuck and out of my league when I say things, because the Lakers gave up a better player than Q [IMHO] and also took the better player in the draft. Why> because there is a difference between the Lakers and the Knicks. The Knicks settle for ANYTHINg that remotely will get them into the playoffs just to try to raise ticket prices, the Lakers attempt to put together TEAMS that CAN win it all. What do you think Phil Jackson had 0 say in any of this either?
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  10:31 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Are you kidding me? What has Kwame Brown ever done? How is he worth Quentin Richardson type talent? This lazy kid is one of the biggest busts in league history. You take this 'potential' lable too seriously.

Im sorry I may have missed it, what is Q type talent? A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years? My God, I think it's the other way around, I think he is being severly over-rated here. A SMARTER franchise kicked him out the door pretty darn fast and replaced him with raja bell. It wasnt money, because they actually ended up spending more.

Also, I guess I must be a schmuck and out of my league when I say things, because the Lakers gave up a better player than Q [IMHO] and also took the better player in the draft. Why> because there is a difference between the Lakers and the Knicks. The Knicks settle for ANYTHINg that remotely will get them into the playoffs just to try to raise ticket prices, the Lakers attempt to put together TEAMS that CAN win it all. What do you think Phil Jackson had 0 say in any of this either?

Caron Butler is not better than Quentin Richardson. And just because Andrew Bynum is 7' and athletic, it doesn't mean he'll end up being better than Channing Frye. And why add a lazy quitter like Kwame Brown to our already lazy quitting team? Mark my words and you can hold this against me, Brown will not have a better season or career than Mike Sweetney.

GT fudge out, caron butler was turning into a all star in the second half of last season/ Butler plays 2 sides of the ball, Q -1,
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  10:31 AM
One other thing to note about kwame, is that he lost the respect of the players on his team, I mean guys like Haywood and others lost respect for the guy and we are talking about pretty good character guys on washington who just didn't respect the kid. To me that says a lot, you can say what you want about guys like spree,and sheed, but they were liked and were respected greatly by their teamates, that says a lot..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years?

Can't dribble? What kind of asinine comment is that? Nice way to skew his statistics--he's been in the league five years so you may want to include his FG% from his first two seasons as well...

He is NOT a good ballhandler--I won't even debate it, if you think he is cool.

Why is he ranked 12th in the NBA in steal to turnover ratio? Doesn't look like he's exactly dribbling it off his foot.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/14/2005 10:28:12]

dude watch games instead of pushing drivel. q sat behind the arc last year when did you actaully even see him handle last year--he didnt he was 5th option on that team, and at the end of the year, he was kicked out
RIP Crushalot😞
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by tkf:

One other thing to note about kwame, is that he lost the respect of the players on his team, I mean guys like Haywood and others lost respect for the guy and we are talking about pretty good character guys on washington who just didn't respect the kid. To me that says a lot, you can say what you want about guys like spree,and sheed, but they were liked and were respected greatly by their teamates, that says a lot..

So many of these high school kids are just too immature to handle NBA life--Bynum will be the same way, I'm sure he'll miss a few practices because he was hanging out with "gurlz" and overslept.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
roblackman
7/14/2005  10:34 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years?

Can't dribble? What kind of asinine comment is that? Nice way to skew his statistics--he's been in the league five years so you may want to include his FG% from his first two seasons as well...

Why is he ranked 12th in the NBA in steal to turnover ratio? Doesn't look like he's exactly dribbling it off his foot.

dude watch games instead of pushing drivel. q sat behind the arc last year when did you actaully even see him handle last year--he didnt he was 5th option on that team, and at the end of the year, he was kicked out

His turnovers have always been low, not just last year...so I guess I win.
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:36 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:

Quentin Richardson is not going to stand behind the 3-point line here like he did with Phoenix. He will be used more in the post like he was with Los Angeles. And his handle is not that bad. You make it seem like he's Shandon Anderson. Q is not going to TO the ball much.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
7/14/2005  10:40 AM
I wanted Kwame Brown too but this notion of that the KNicks management screwed up for not getting him is down right stupid. First, Grunfeld should tell the truth, that he really didn't want to trade Kwame to the Knicks. I am sure they had no desire to have this guy in their same conference or for that matter their division for years, put him on the other coast so you don't have to regret that much. Like the Lakers trading Shaq all the way to Miami instead of Dallas. Second, it is Kwame Brown. Come on. Not Arenas, or Jamison. Kwame "Mr. Jordan gave up on me" Brown. Does he have potential, yeah but so does Diop and i don't see anyone crying about the fact that we haven't yet obtain him. Third, the Knicks tried to get him but was told that it had to be Q Richardson. Guess what the Knicks can't trade Q because of NBA guidelines. I am damn sure that Grunfeld knows this if he is worth his weight, which provides more proof that he didn't want to trade Brown to NY.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Ira
Member: #91
7/14/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Not only is Kwame a waste, we couldnt trade Q for a while either. I think there is a rule that you cannot trade a player you just acquired through trade right away. Anyone know?

I've heard of a rule that when you sign a free agent (including your own) to a new contract, he can't be traded for 6 months without his permission. Is that what you're thinking of?

Anyway, that may have changed with the new collective bargaining agreement.
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  10:58 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:

Quentin Richardson is not going to stand behind the 3-point line here like he did with Phoenix. He will be used more in the post like he was with Los Angeles. And his handle is not that bad. You make it seem like he's Shandon Anderson. Q is not going to TO the ball much.

I didnt call Q SA, I said people were over-rating him. Hes a post up 2 with a great body, nice athletic ability who can shoot the 3 very well and rebound, but has no dribble drive game and is a porous defender. Hes not a fluid player, he needs help to get his shots, he does not create his own.

Would I have given him up for Kwame? Obviously I would. The Lakers gave it up,so I must not be out of my mind.

i dont know, would I rather have Kwame at C or Jerome james short and long term? well you decide

RIP Crushalot😞
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:

I didnt call Q SA, I said people were over-rating him. Hes a post up 2 with a great body, nice athletic ability who can shoot the 3 very well and rebound, but has no dribble drive game and is a porous defender. Hes not a fluid player, he needs help to get his shots, he does not create his own.

Would I have given him up for Kwame? Obviously I would. The Lakers gave it up,so I must not be out of my mind.

i dont know, would I rather have Kwame at C or Jerome james short and long term? well you decide

Of course Quentin Richardson has his faults but he's a better player and will be a better player than Kwame Brown who is a lazy, selfish quitter with poor hands and no work ethic. Going to Los Angeles was the worst thing that could have happened to him. If he couldn't handle little Washington, how is he going to handle Phil Jackson? As a Knicks fan who had to watch a roster infested with more lazy careless sloppy basketball players, the last thing I would want is to add another lazy careless player like Brown.

As for Jerome James, I also don't like it. But considering Adonal Foyle and Brian Cardinal also got the full MLE, you really cannot complain. The market for a player of James' caliber is worth the full MLE. No way he would have accepted a 2 year deal.
roblackman
7/14/2005  11:10 AM
Yeah, let's see how Kwame fares against big physical centers when he gets starting minutes or will he be backing up the 2006 ROY Bynum? Or maybe Bynum and Kwame will be paired as the 4 and 5 and take the Lakers to the promised land like Sheed and Wallace... Oh God.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
7/14/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by roblackman:

Yeah, let's see how Kwame fares against big physical centers when he gets starting minutes or will he be backing up the 2006 ROY Bynum? Or maybe Bynum and Kwame will be paired as the 4 and 5 and take the Lakers to the promised land like Sheed and Wallace... Oh God.

I wouldn't normally respond to you, but your sarcasm suggests that you can only think in extremes. Before you think other people are stupid, let's just wait and see who turns out to be a better team in 4-5 years (which by the way, Kwame will be still younger than JJ).

You see, there is something called rebuilding and obtaining high ceiling players, and also something called getting under the cap. This "not my money" **** has to stop.
roblackman
7/14/2005  11:35 AM
Posted by Mac:

I wouldn't normally respond to you, but your sarcasm suggests that you can only think in extremes. Before you think other people are stupid, let's just wait and see who turns out to be a better team in 4-5 years (which by the way, Kwame will be still younger than JJ).

You see, there is something called rebuilding and obtaining high ceiling players, and also something called getting under the cap. This "not my money" **** has to stop.

I normally wouldn't respond to such extreme characterizations of me, but I didn't think you were stupid until this post. Kwame is a head case, head cases do not win championships. "What about Dennis Rodman? you ask--Rodman was an intelligent player who knew how to play the game. Kwame is a just a problem. I think we do have high ceiling players but Isiah is mixing in veteran talent as well.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  11:41 AM
Posted by Marv:

What is with you guys and "Kwame Brown is special" nonsense?

Are you going to be hyping his potential forever?
the thing is rather than trade for a guy that could be great we sign a guy for 5 years we know never will be. Typical Knicks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
roblackman
7/14/2005  11:44 AM
If Kwame really was going to be great why would the Wizards ever let him go?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
7/14/2005  11:47 AM
Why don't you ask sheed, b wallace or r hamilton, who have all been better players after leaving WA.

And btw, thank you for your diagnosis on why KB will never be successful. Let's see in a few years, ok buddy?
oohah
Member: #887
7/14/2005  11:47 AM
If Kwame really was going to be great why would the Wizards ever let him go?

Why did they let Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Chris Webber go?

I don't see a very bright future for Kwame, especially if he really does have a bad attitude. There is no room for anyone's attitude but Kobe's on L.A.

Kwame=Pervis Ellison

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
oohah
Member: #887
7/14/2005  11:48 AM
Damn it Mac, you beat me to it.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
roblackman
7/14/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by oohah:

Damn it Mac, you beat me to it.

oohah

Sheed is a head case too but he a little more mature now at 30 years old! Webber still hasn't won anything, isn't he on the least wanted free agent list? Hamilton is a good player but not a superstar like people are making Kwame out to be--it's not like if the Wiz had Rip they would have been much better than with Hughes last year. Ben Wallace--he wasn't even drafted, you can't blame the Wiz for not predicting his future success.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/14/2005 11:57:47]
oh come on

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy