[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

oh come on
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2005  1:32 AM
The Knicks could have acquired Brown from the Wizards, but they were unwilling to trade guard Quentin Richardson. The Knicks have few other attractive assets, making it difficult to construct trades.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  1:43 AM
pathetic. Brown and Frye in the front court and the little warrior in the backcourt would have made this team special again.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/14/2005  7:42 AM
What is with you guys and "Kwame Brown is special" nonsense?

Are you going to be hyping his potential forever?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  7:44 AM
Not only is Kwame a waste, we couldnt trade Q for a while either. I think there is a rule that you cannot trade a player you just acquired through trade right away. Anyone know?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  8:10 AM
but they were unwilling to trade guard Quentin Richardson
How do you know this? I just don't understand the assumptions you make
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2005  8:13 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
This is stupid, I cannot believe the knick management is being called names for not getting Kwame ****ing Brown!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/14/2005  8:16 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

The Knicks could have acquired Brown from the Wizards, but they were unwilling to trade guard Quentin Richardson. The Knicks have few other attractive assets, making it difficult to construct trades.
What exactly are you basing this on? You must be aware that he cannot be traded until december anyway because he was recently traded to us. Not only that, as much as I like Kwame, that trade isn't fair value. No way i do that trade straight up. Even though everyone says 2's are so easy to get, if they were Denver would have one and be looking to make a run at the WCF.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2005  8:19 AM
The lakers did what we wanted, which was have bynum and Kwame rostered!

WE have Frye and Jerome James.

The lakes have some nice upside there!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  8:25 AM
Who cares about what the Lakers are doing? I just wished that we had their coach and their SG...Let's see how well Kwame can coexist with the selfish Kobe....

[Edited by - diderotn on 07/14/2005 09:08:40]
The true Knickabocker..........
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/14/2005  8:58 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

This is stupid, I cannot believe the knick management is being called names for not getting Kwame ****ing Brown!!
I'm with you on that statement. I desperately wanted to avoid Kwame unless we could get him cheap, maybe for the MLE (which just wasn't happening with Washington being able to match), or if we could get Blatche packaged with him. I'd be more upset about not grabbing an extra pick in the draft more than I would be about Kwame.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  9:25 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Jerome James...now THERE'S the C we NEED to win a championship!

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 09:25:33]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
oohah
Member: #887
7/14/2005  9:54 AM
Even though everyone says 2's are so easy to get, if they were Denver would have one and be looking to make a run at the WCF.

You bring up a very interesting point. Especially now that Voshon Lenard is trying to squezze more $$ out of the Denver Nuggets, maybe our extra shooting guard (Whoever that turns out to be.) could be of value to them. Isiah already has a relationship with Kiki.

We should watch out though because I bet Minnesota still wants Sprewell out.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:00 AM
Are you kidding me? What has Kwame Brown ever done? How is he worth Quentin Richardson type talent? This lazy kid is one of the biggest busts in league history. You take this 'potential' lable too seriously.
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  10:18 AM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Are you kidding me? What has Kwame Brown ever done? How is he worth Quentin Richardson type talent? This lazy kid is one of the biggest busts in league history. You take this 'potential' lable too seriously.

Im sorry I may have missed it, what is Q type talent? A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years? My God, I think it's the other way around, I think he is being severly over-rated here. A SMARTER franchise kicked him out the door pretty darn fast and replaced him with raja bell. It wasnt money, because they actually ended up spending more.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  10:22 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Im sorry I may have missed it, what is Q type talent? A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years? My God, I think it's the other way around, I think he is being severly over-rated here. A SMARTER franchise kicked him out the door pretty darn fast and replaced him with raja bell. It wasnt money, because they actually ended up spending more.

Also, I guess I must be a schmuck and out of my league when I say things, because the Lakers gave up a better player than Q [IMHO] and also took the better player in the draft. Why> because there is a difference between the Lakers and the Knicks. The Knicks settle for ANYTHINg that remotely will get them into the playoffs just to try to raise ticket prices, the Lakers attempt to put together TEAMS that CAN win it all. What do you think Phil Jackson had 0 say in any of this either?
RIP Crushalot😞
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  10:24 AM
A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years?

Can't dribble? What kind of asinine comment is that? Nice way to skew his statistics--he's been in the league five years so you may want to include his FG% from his first two seasons as well...
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
BRIGGS
7/14/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by roblackman:
A guy who cant dribble, doesnt play defense and has shot 38% on average the last 3 years?

Can't dribble? What kind of asinine comment is that? Nice way to skew his statistics--he's been in the league five years so you may want to include his FG% from his first two seasons as well...

He is NOT a good ballhandler--I won't even debate it, if you think he is cool.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
7/14/2005  10:27 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by BigAppleStar3:

Also, I guess I must be a schmuck and out of my league when I say things, because the Lakers gave up a better player than Q [IMHO] and also took the better player in the draft. Why> because there is a difference between the Lakers and the Knicks. The Knicks settle for ANYTHINg that remotely will get them into the playoffs just to try to raise ticket prices, the Lakers attempt to put together TEAMS that CAN win it all. What do you think Phil Jackson had 0 say in any of this either?

Caron Butler is not better than Quentin Richardson. And just because Andrew Bynum is 7' and athletic, it doesn't mean he'll end up being better than Channing Frye. And why add a lazy quitter like Kwame Brown to our already lazy quitting team? Mark my words and you can hold this against me, Brown will not have a better season or career than Mike Sweetney.
roblackman
Member: #926
7/14/2005  10:27 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by roblackman:

He is NOT a good ballhandler--I won't even debate it, if you think he is cool.

Why is he ranked 12th in the NBA in steal to turnover ratio? Doesn't look like he's exactly dribbling it off his foot.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/14/2005 10:28:12]
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  10:28 AM
I think what gets lost here is how good Q is, you guys want to just give him up for kwame and that is not a good deal talent wise. I don't like james but it allows us to bring frye along at a nice pace and it gives us true size in the middle.. I am trying here because I really don't like james, but if he can pretend that this is a contract year, maybe we can get some production out of the bum..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
oh come on

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy