[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

According to the Times, we signed James
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2005  11:54 AM
its good that we have learned nothing in the last 5 years. Adding career underachievers at 30 years old to long term contracts has worked out very well.

James is a good role player. I think for 2 years $10mm its a good fit. People that say the $$ doesnt matter are fulla crap, because they are the same ones that will call Houston a cancer to the franchise. We are still paying Shandon Anderson.

Unreal... this is really so lame. It blows me away how teams get suckered by these guys that parlay one great series or half season into 5 year deals
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  11:58 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I dont get it Su. You think Big Z is brittle but you want Ratliff as our answer at center? This is a guy who in a 10 year career has played over 70 games TWICE!!!!! He is nothing but a backup, you cannot rely on him to be on the floor for you, because he will get injured. We should pass on a decent big C for the MLE, for the hopes of getting a chronicly injured player who may be waived by his team, and may sign with us afterwards? I don't want my GM thinking like that. YOu have to make moves you know you can make to make the team better and speculate within reason. He signed James after all of the available MLE options were gone, and thats all I can expect from him. All of the sign and trade guys are still a possibility, but for the MLE there was absolutely nothing better for us, and we were in dire need. It was a practical, necassary move.

i never said Z was brittle - that wasn't the reason i didn't want him. i didn't want him b/c he's 30 and will command $10 mil a year for 5/6 years making him near UNMOVEABLE. and he's SLOW.

james, to me, is stopgap.
that's why i brought up ratliff, b/c he would be stopgap.

again, i don't *HATE* james as a player, but i don't get why we signed a guy that is PERENNIALLY lazy and out of shape for 5 years.

look at the mold of players isiah has drafted - ariza, nate, lee, frye - young, hungry players that are coachable and willing to work hard and get better. nothing from jerome james says that. it's a total contradiction of mindset.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by fishmike:

its good that we have learned nothing in the last 5 years. Adding career underachievers at 30 years old to long term contracts has worked out very well.

James is a good role player. I think for 2 years $10mm its a good fit. People that say the $$ doesnt matter are fulla crap, because they are the same ones that will call Houston a cancer to the franchise. We are still paying Shandon Anderson.

Unreal... this is really so lame. It blows me away how teams get suckered by these guys that parlay one great series or half season into 5 year deals

lame is the PERFECT word to describe this.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by fishmike:

lame is the PERFECT word to describe this.

i can think of several more apro-po terms to describe it, but probably not appropriate for a public forum.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/14/2005  12:12 PM
I hope there's a team option after 3 years.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by fishmike:

can you admit now that you were wrong when you said Isiah had changed rebuilding directions last month? It's obvious he's still trying to both win now (at least enough to make it to the playoffs) and get young, talented players to go deep in the playoffs in the long-term.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/14/2005  12:47 PM
Snit Wars II: Bonn3P0 Strikes Back
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by eViL:

Snit Wars II: Bonn3P0 Strikes Back

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/14/2005  12:55 PM
James career stats are
15.2 min/game
4.8 ppg @ 49%
3.5 rpg
1.2 bpg

So, over the course of his career, he's been a mediocre (not bad) rebounder and scorer and an excellent shot blocker. I agree that we might have given him a year or two more than we'd have wanted, but that's what this market is like. He'll help the team while being somewhat overpaid. If Dolan is willing to do that, I'm not complaining.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  12:57 PM
Posted by Ira:

James career stats are
15.2 min/game
4.8 ppg @ 49%
3.5 rpg
1.2 bpg

So, over the course of his career, he's been a mediocre (not bad) rebounder and scorer and an excellent shot blocker. I agree that we might have given him a year or two more than we'd have wanted, but that's what this market is like. He'll help the team while being somewhat overpaid. If Dolan is willing to do that, I'm not complaining.

i think thats all isiah wanted was a shotblocker. i think his rebounding and scoring will improve slightly, but he was brought in mostly for his presence and defensive abilities.
MS
Member: #724
7/14/2005  2:18 PM
Isiah is a ****ing jack ass, he isn't showing much of a brain with any of the moves he makes, we have some athletes we have some youth but james comeon, seriously......

Wait and see how gets cut, ala Allan Houston and bring in a veteran for a couple of years not five.....Zeke strikes again
jaydh
7/14/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by MS:

Wait and see how gets cut, ala Allan Houston and bring in a veteran for a couple of years not five.....Zeke strikes again

??
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  2:40 PM
Zeke is not done with the frontcourt...I have a feeling that he will find us another big guy to play Center.

Frye will be moved to PF, because that is he natural position.
The true Knickabocker..........
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2005  4:17 PM
Dido did you not proclaim that Frye is our future at C before and after the draft with foam at your mouth?

[Edited by - simrud on 07/14/2005 16:18:08]
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
jaydh
7/14/2005  4:21 PM
Posted by simrud:

Dido did you not proclaim that Frye is our future at C before and after the draft with foam at your mouth?

[Edited by - simrud on 07/14/2005 16:18:08]

he may be, hes just not ready to start right off the bat.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2005  5:05 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Sigh. Stephen Hunter looks pretty good right now...

What if we had signed Hunter for the same amount? It would look as terrible. At least James can bang up with the biggest Cs.
Knicks_Fan
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  5:06 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by crzymdups:

Sigh. Stephen Hunter looks pretty good right now...

What if we had signed Hunter for the same amount? It would look as terrible. At least James can bang up with the biggest Cs.

I'm warming to it. I'm choosing to look at best case scenarios, which are pretty good. Maybe the cat just needed a change of scenery. Sigh. I hope so.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/14/2005  9:46 PM
as much as I hate Jerome James he did show that he has the skills of the top 10 Center in the playoffs when he's not in foul trouble and if after all these years he finally discovered not to go after every block shot so that he doesn't get in foul trouble and puts up big numbers in big minutes, with Aguire working with him and keeping him out of foul trouble, we should be alright. We got him for a lot less than Dampier and Foyle and those guys are not any better. And his contract is tradeable. It's not like he's making $10mil like Dampier and Foyle, he's making 6mil.

My problem is we could've drafted a potentisl franchise Center in Bynum and signed James as a stop gap starter with Sweetney & Lee at PF

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 07/14/2005 21:50:55]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/14/2005  10:08 PM
yeah, you guys are psychos...the market is set...dalembart is signing for $70 million!! 7 years!!

Do you realize what you are all bitching about...a center that can hold his own in the west to anchor the middle for us and we got him for $5 mill a year.

Some of you guys just bitch to bitch...I think you just all want to be gm's, because I'd love to hear your take on philly forking over thta money for dalembart (backup role playing center).

none of you goofballs is an economics major and none of you know anything about running an nba franchise...playing yahoo fantasy nba and winning it is one thing, dealing with agents and personalities is another thing entirely..

so, try to call for players heads AFTER they suck...I mean, houston is being paid 20 million to not play.

I think what everyone is trying to do is talk some sense into you guys and get you to just realize that being happy with a move is more fun for everyone then crying bloody murder at every ****ing move.

I mean, get a grip...so, we're paying him for 2 more year's than you thought was recommended...so the eff what. by then he'll be one of the lower paid players on our team...ilgauskus is getting paid $12 million, shaq is getting 30 million. It's fake money, so who cares about the terms of the deal...****, we're waaaaaaaaay over the cap anyway.

Jeesh. You guys sound like spoiled kids. just try to be happy we got a center.

Man...it's hard not to wonder why you guys are such cry babies, and it is a free country and all, but do you have to rain on every move that isiah makes and question every single thing?

I guess you do...but, james is being paid far below market value and he's a legitimate center. This allows us to bring frye along slowly and the proper way and makes us a better team in the long run.

So, be happy we have a center, be happy we have a better team than last year and stop crying bloody murder at every single little move.

Jeez.
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  10:30 PM
it's pretty ridiculous for anyone to criticize people for having opinions on a public forum & generalizing them as if making any critical comment of a single move means you're labeled as a quintessential whiner...so let me get this straight, if i praise Isiah on his next move, can i play with the cool kids again?

ridiculous.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/14/2005 22:36:24]
According to the Times, we signed James

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy