[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

According to the Times, we signed James
Author Thread
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
7/14/2005  12:08 AM
I just see it like this, we have no center on our roster who can play besides Frye and this season will be strictly a learning process (with flashes of good to great play) but he will be outmatched by more experienced big men. Truthfully I see this no differently than having Nazr. A big man who was always said to have "potential" but pretty much stayed average his whole career never really having a breakout season in it's truest sense of the word. James is the same way. Will never have a breakout season but Like Nazr he manned the middle on a very successful western conference team. Both players got into foul trouble often playing for their respective teams and both players were inconsistant. But I'd rather have James starting (because of his experience) have Frye come off the bench with Ariza, Nate and Craw and change the tempo than having Frye being forced into a starting center roll and then having 6'6 Rose or 6'8 Taylor backing him up.

Like I said in the other posts, I'm not entirely mad at this. In fact, I expect Frye to out perform James by the time the end of the season comes. My prediction is James is backing up Frye by next season.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  12:09 AM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by bobs3304:

Whey else would Zeke sign a 29 y/o Center

maybe because we have no other center on the roster

that's a ludicrous statement.

right, who were our other options again?? i dont think you are allowed to judge what is or isnt a ludicrous statement... marbury past his prime...lol
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
7/14/2005  12:11 AM
well atleast we have some size now. i would love seeing frye and james start at the 4 and 5. we'll 2 guys with an avg of 7ft height.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/14/2005  12:15 AM
That is exactly what will happen...Even if Larry Brown is our coach...Who else at PF that can block shots besides Frye and maybe Buttler??? With a front line of Frye and James, for sure we will have a presence at the front court...They can both play in the post, and most of all, they are a little different..
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

well atleast we have some size now. i would love seeing frye and james start at the 4 and 5. we'll 2 guys with an avg of 7ft height.
The true Knickabocker..........
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/14/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by jaydh:

right, who were our other options again?? i dont think you are allowed to judge what is or isnt a ludicrous statement... marbury past his prime...lol

first of all, you can't enter a rebuilding stage and add a 29 y/o Center. It's not "kosher". It would be counter-productive. So, with that said, I'm going out on a limb to predict that Isiah must be very confident that Brown is available, and that we will have a playoff-contending team come October...

second, Marbury is entering his 9th season. maybe I overshot it a little by saying he's "just past his prime", but I still believe he only has around 2-3 QUALITY years left.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/14/2005  12:17 AM
we are BUILDING seattle EAST.

guard play with beef down low.

X-factor is frye.

we REALLY need to pounce on kwame now, start this lineup:

marbury
craw
tim
frye
kwame

with sweets and jerome off the bench.

i think that's the best we can hope for this season.

jerome is a BACKUP and if he's relied upon to start, we're going to have problems.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07/14/2005 00:27:42]
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/14/2005  12:20 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

first of all, you can't enter a rebuilding stage and add a 29 y/o Center. It's not "kosher". It would be counter-productive. So, with that said, I'm going out on a limb to predict that Isiah must be very confident that Brown is available, and that we will have a playoff-contending team come October...

yes, I know what you mean as far as rebuilding, but we couldnt have Frye start at center. and who else were we going to get? Hunter? I hope brown comes, i just dont see it.
metra
Member: #473
7/14/2005  12:24 AM
Horrible move imo. James is a lazy ass mofo who got lucky in a couple of games. I really thought Isiah was gonna wheel and deal Penny and TT plus someone valuable for a solid C, not some huge underachieving 30 year old.

At least this bodes well for the coming of Brown.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  12:25 AM
On it's face, I'm not happy about it.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/14/2005  12:25 AM
trades must be coming
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  12:27 AM
It would have been nice if TT was known to be a tough player, because he could have definitely play the role that Prince is playing for Detroit.

A lineup of TT, Frye, and James with Marb and Q in the back would be a very productive one...

Then again, who's to say that coach Brown can't get TT to play to his potential????

[Edited by - diderotn on 07/14/2005 00:28:55]
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
7/14/2005  12:29 AM
This is a perfect move for IT to make right now, because we need a center right away, and all of the sign and trades out there suck. Kwame's garbage, Swift is not a center. I like this, because it gives IT a chance to trade TT's contract for a legit big sometime during the season, rather than giving up Sweets now, which would have been a disaster.

For those of you acting like James is our center for the next 5 years, don't worry. IT will have a real big within a year, and James will come off the bench for 12-15 mins at that point, which is fine for a 7' making MLE.

This is just a good, solid short term move for us, and a good long term second stringer.
TheloniusMonk
USA
7/14/2005  12:33 AM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by jaydh:

second, Marbury is entering his 9th season. maybe I overshot it a little by saying he's "just past his prime", but I still believe he only has around 2-3 QUALITY years left.

Rebuilding in New York is different from every other place. This is Dolan's team and if anything people need to learn that even if we have young players he wants some experienced players that can help get as many wins NOW as possible. This will be the case no matter who the GM is. As long as this is Dolan's team you will see a healthy diet of veterans. It's just that Layden took it too far. He had ALL veterans pretty much. Isiah has brought in so many young players that are still "learning" until I'm sure he's in a position to where he has to add a few vets who have been there. That's the rebuilding process under Dolan

If Marbury was MJ he'd just be on the tip of the iceburg concerning his prime. MJ was at his peak during that 3rd ring. He came back and was just as good (not jumping as high) but was just as good. John Stckton comes to mind. At Marbury's age he was great already but wasn't even close to his prime coming to an end. Reggie Miller also comes to mind. I'm using highly visible people but these are people who were all very dedicated to the game. I believe Steph is dedicated and like those guys he's got a lot left in the tank to say the least.
Rich
USA
7/14/2005  12:33 AM
I would have rather traded Q for Kwame. I really didn't want to do that, but it would have been a better risk than wishing that James isn't the dog he has always been.
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  12:35 AM
Here is a scary thought.....

imagine Laimbeer as our head coach with the frontcourt that we currently have.....

James is known to be a very nasty player....Laimbeer can definitely play this dude the way he used to play the game with Frye playing the weak side. They can both block shots and our back court with the help of Q can also rebound....Damn folks, Isiah has a vision...
Rich
USA
7/14/2005  12:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

imagine Laimbeer as our head coach with the frontcourt that we currently have.....

James is known to be a very nasty player....Laimbeer can definitely play this dude the way he used to play the game with Frye playing the weak side. They can both block shots and our back court with the help of Q can also rebound....Damn folks, Isiah has a vision...

A vision that doesn't include winning championships.
diderotn
USA
7/14/2005  12:39 AM
what are you talking about???? did Detroit say the same thing when they traded for Sheed???? All it takes is a good coach and talents...

Posted by Rich:
Posted by diderotn:

TheloniusMonk
USA
7/14/2005  12:41 AM

[/quote]
[/quote]

Steve Nash comes to mind as well. In 2 years Steph will be the same age that Nash got his '04-'05 MVP trophy. And I don't see Nash on a decline. He's looking better than ever as a matter of fact.
Rich
USA
What big man on the Knicks is anywhere near as good as Ben Wallace or Rasheed?

Posted by diderotn:

what are you talking about???? did Detroit say the same thing when they traded for Sheed???? All it takes is a good coach and talents...

Posted by Rich:
Posted by diderotn:

tkf
Member: #87
What happened to young and athletic? I don't like james, heck now kwame brown is looking even better, after this move... I hate this move, I don't care if james averaged 20/10 I still don't like that lazy cat...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
According to the Times, we signed James

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy