Member: #511
USA
7/14/2005  12:26 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Mark Blount Jerome James Antonie Walker

and people are spewing over Kwame brown?

Isiah, go do what you have to do to get kwame give them Q

jerome james played well in one playoff and was an arsehole who didnt produce his whole career and is 30

are we going to add three 30 year old POC at long premium cash to the team? this is terrible terrible and if he does get walker blount and james im putting the knicks hat inside out taking out the tiki doll and pushing for 28 wins
Why all the negativity over some sportsdesk report? Didn't you recently say you "liked" the direction Isiah's taken the Knicks in this summer?

I don't have to tell you that the Knicks and "Sportsdesk" have an incestuous relationship. They are often ahead the curve with Knick news.
I know nothing about incest!

Given that "Sportsdesk" proved to be clued in on James, I guess I do.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2005  8:01 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Mark Blount Jerome James Antonie Walker

and people are spewing over Kwame brown?

Isiah, go do what you have to do to get kwame give them Q

jerome james played well in one playoff and was an arsehole who didnt produce his whole career and is 30

are we going to add three 30 year old POC at long premium cash to the team? this is terrible terrible and if he does get walker blount and james im putting the knicks hat inside out taking out the tiki doll and pushing for 28 wins
Why all the negativity over some sportsdesk report? Didn't you recently say you "liked" the direction Isiah's taken the Knicks in this summer?

I don't have to tell you that the Knicks and "Sportsdesk" have an incestuous relationship. They are often ahead the curve with Knick news.
I know nothing about incest!

Given that "Sportsdesk" proved to be clued in on James, I guess I do.
LOL!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2005  9:16 AM
excuse me while i puke...5 years for Nazr Mohammed James...we're clearly going to win a title w/him as our C.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  9:21 AM
Posted by TMS:

excuse me while i puke...5 years for Nazr Mohammed James...we're clearly going to win a title w/him as our C.
The long-term plan is probably for him to be the backup C and Frye or someone else to start. In the worst case scenario, I think he's a good backup C for $5 mil annually. If the MLE was used on this, then it's mediocre. There are other players I'd rather pursue with the MLE before James. But if it's a sign and trade and we're giving up one of our PFs other than Sweetney, then I definitely like the deal.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/14/2005 09:22:51]
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:30 AM
i've been saying all along not to waste the MLE on a player who wouldn't significantly impact this team's future (*cough* Steven Hunter *cough*)...Jerome James? is this the best Isiah could do? i didn't want to sign Hunter to even a portion of the MLE, & now Isiah uses the whole damn thing on a guy like James?

i've been trying to be fair w/my assessments of Isiah's moves (i liked getting Nate Rob & the Q trade), but passing over Gerald Green in favor of Channing Frye & then this signing of Jerome James to a 5 year deal are frustrating me to no end.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2005  9:38 AM
Still looking for an update on this... If we do pick up James, I'm NOT gonna bitch and moan like a lil' punk about it, though.

I'll wait until training camp or the start of the season and see what roster we have assembled then.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/14/2005  9:40 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Still looking for an update on this... If we do pick up James, I'm NOT gonna bitch and moan like a lil' punk about it, though.

I'll wait until training camp or the start of the season and see what roster we have assembled then.

It's in the NYTimes and Post...or are you referring to an update on that too...
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  9:46 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

sorry, allow me to bitch & moan like a lil' punk some more...THIS IS A TERRIBLE SIGNING...have a nice day.
Bonn1997
USA
7/14/2005  9:47 AM
i didn't want to sign Hunter to even a portion of the MLE, & now Isiah uses the whole damn thing on a guy like James?
slow down here; no one said it's definitely the MLE. It's reported that that's the Knicks' second option, with the first being doing a sign and trade. I could see the Sonics wanting a nice role player like JYD with only 2 years left on his contract. We can throw in $3 mil cash to pay for part of his contract. Then we still have the full MLE intact. It would be nice to get Stro with the full MLE (assuming Kwame is no longer available).
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/14/2005  10:01 AM
Posted by VDesai:

It's in the NYTimes and Post...or are you referring to an update on that too...

Yeah I read those, I was referring to the Wire updates. There should prolly be something out by this afternoon.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/14/2005  10:06 AM
The Star-Ledger has something on this too.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/11213178198860.xml&coll=1

Hey TMS, let's see what the plan is before we shoot it down. There are definitely more moves to be made this offseason.

IMO the next move will help clear the glut @ the 4 spot.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2005 10:07:00]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2005  10:17 AM
Its more fun to overreact on rumors as if they are true. This way if its not, we still had fun.

This is more fun than half the games last season!

I still think the lakes should trade us lamar for marbs and keep Caron Butler!

Its a rumor, I just made it up! Run with it Forest, run!
TMS
USA
7/14/2005  10:41 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I could see the Sonics wanting a nice role player like JYD with only 2 years left on his contract. We can throw in $3 mil cash to pay for part of his contract. Then we still have the full MLE intact. It would be nice to get Stro with the full MLE (assuming Kwame is no longer available).

trade JYD to get Jerome James? no thanks...i'll keep JYD thank you very much...his contract is off the books in 2 years & he makes an impact on games when he's on the floor.

look, i don't HATE Jerome James as a player, but he's not the guy to sign to a 5 year deal at that type of $...if Isiah were to take a chance on a younger kid w/higher upside like Kwame, Stro, etc., then i'm more than fine w/that...at least it represents more hope for this team down the road if the player pans out & it would fall in line w/Isiah's "motto" of getting younger & more athletic...how is Jerome James any sort of upgrade over what we already had in Nazr last year? was this team competing for the playoffs w/Nazr in the lineup? i don't see how James is going to impact them any more significantly the next 5.
sportsdesk said isiah spoke with jerome james last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy