[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

JULY 13 - Knicks Versus Bulls - SL
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/13/2005  8:04 PM
Zeke thinks he's Tim Duncan II.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/13/2005  8:16 PM
He's the new breed...the prototype first made it's way on the scene at UMASS...he developed his skills in Canada and broke out in Manhattan.

There was nobody like him, now he is reincarnated as Frye.

Camby got booed out of Toronto...then out of New York...but has found a home (part time by it) in Denver...

Frye is beginning to come into his own...if the SL has taught me anything, Lee and Nate will be instant success as bench/role players...Frye will start slow and begin to blossom as teh season goes by.

By the all star break he will make 2 of our PF's expendable and we will get that Big Man that completes the knicks playoff run.

It will be a magical season as the knicks go with a lineupu of Crawford, Q, Ariza, TT and Frye getting heavy minutes together as the unit that breaks games open.

Nate, Lee and Ariza will lead a dynamic defensive minded young unit that will bring the knicks to the cusp of the Eastern conference finals only to fall short against the Miami Heat in 6 games.

Marbs, battling trade talk all season, is able to rest his 10 year veteran knees and in the first round leads the knicks through a first round sweep of the Hated Boston Celtics.

The halfcourt offense of Frye, MoT, TT, Q and Marbury beat down the spiritless Celtics.

Rose and JYD hold shaq to 17/10 in the playoffs, but it's not enough as Wade steals the show.

Game 3 of the second round is marred by a near brawl between shandon anderson and Nate robinson as tempers flair.

Isiah named GM of the year for his moves in both the off season and his hiring of Larry Brown as coach and knicks are the new darlings of the lead league (sorry).

All started by the knick acquisition of a little known Umass product by the name of Marcus Camby.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

hey...you never know.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 07/13/2005 20:37:21]
all kool aid all the time.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
7/13/2005  8:21 PM
^ very entertaining...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/13/2005  8:40 PM
thanks bobs...just effin with ya on the hate marbs stuff...you know I love your posts, that's why i follow them.

I can't wait for the new nba 2k6.

all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2005  8:49 PM
14 pts, 7 rbs in only 18 minutes for Frye. That's pretty good efficiency.
Nate had a very quiet game.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2005  8:51 PM
I'm not unhappy that the SL roller coaster of emtions is coming to an end.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/13/2005  8:52 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree Bonn. I wonder if Badsden was guarding Nate alot? If so, that might explain things.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 07/13/2005 20:52:19]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/13/2005  8:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I have a feeling Nate didn't look for his shot as much, because it was the last game of Vegas Summer League and some guys last chance to shine, while Nate has a contract, and probably playing time guaranteed at this point.

Good game for Frye. Good game for Lee. This squad is good. I can't believe this game won't be on TV until next Friday.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2005  8:58 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree Bonn. I wonder if Badsden was guarding Nate alot? If so, that might explain things.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 07/13/2005 20:52:19]
For all this talk of Frye's rebounding being horrible, he's averaging 6 rbs in 23 minutes, which seems respectable for a rookie to me. His scoring 13 PPG in 23 minutes and FG% are very good.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/13/2005  11:54 PM
Like I said, Frye will be just fine...He is going to work on strengthening his legs with Grover while Agwire will also be out there to drill this young kid....He will be fine....I can't wait to see him on the court with Marburry...

Note, Frye has had a block shot in every game that he played so far...That is something that we didn't have last season after Nazr left...

[Edited by - diderotn on 07/13/2005 23:57:50]
The true Knickabocker..........
ItaliaKnick
Member: #716
7/14/2005  1:17 AM
I went to the games again tonight. I can answer a few questions out there.

Basden was on Trev most of the time. Basden is solidly built, hit the one outside shot he took and filled the lane nice on another. Solid player.

Channing looked good tonight. He's got a smooth refined game; nice touch w. good range; can complete w. both hands; good body and runs well. I've seen him play 3 games now and am very comfortable that he'll be a good NBA player. A smaller Tyson Chandler with an offensive game.

Nate took it easier tonight didn't seem to push it like the other two games I saw. Starters only played two quarters this game and it appeared Nate had some calf cramping.

Lee looked good again. Hit one baseline J from about 15 and had another reverse baseline jam. I've seen Blatche twice, Taft, & Ryan Gomes and Isiah did the right thing taking this kid over those 3.

Jackie looked good in his minutes; this kid is a serious banger and worker on the offensive boards. He's not a long shotblocker that was implied last season when we signed him but he does not shy away from contact.

Players that impressed tonight:

Francisco Garcia looked very good. Telfair looked like a mini Steph. Travis Outlaw has some game...has a Marion body with similiar skills. Travis Deiner will make the Magic team; real good shooter w. quick release; excellent distributor; he's small but he's a winner.

Roger Mason off guard from Magic looked terrific...this is a kid we need to keep an eye on if he's released. Played @ Virginia and has been out of school for a few years & don't know what he's been doing. Outstanding shooter w. good form; listed @ 6'5" w. good handle and defense; very quick. This guy is a player.

Started talking to a foreign girl next to me that I had seen @ previous games and it turns out she was Sundov's wife. Props to him...he may not have much game on court but he must have some game off it; has good looking wife and she's very nice.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/14/2005  7:44 AM
Hey Italiknick - i LOVE reading your reports!

You're better than the majority of "reporters" on the web - i mean that.
ItaliaKnick
Member: #716
7/14/2005  10:24 AM
Posted by Marv:

Hey Italiknick - i LOVE reading your reports!

You're better than the majority of "reporters" on the web - i mean that.

Hey thanks much...it will be last one, going to hit the fights this weekend Hopkins V. Taylor.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Channing looked good tonight. He's got a smooth refined game; nice touch w. good range; can complete w. both hands; good body and runs well. I've seen him play 3 games now and am very comfortable that he'll be a good NBA player. A smaller Tyson Chandler with an offensive game.

Hey, thanks again for these reports. That's an interesting take on Frye. I've been hoping he could be a mix of Tyson Chandler and Kurt Thomas.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2005  12:51 PM
Thsnks for the report, I wish i could have been there myself..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/14/2005  3:21 PM
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Lee looked good again. Hit one baseline J from about 15 and had another reverse baseline jam. I've seen Blatche twice, Taft, & Ryan Gomes and Isiah did the right thing taking this kid over those 3.

very interesting comment.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/15/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Basden was on Trev most of the time. Basden is solidly built, hit the one outside shot he took and filled the lane nice on another. Solid player.

Nate took it easier tonight didn't seem to push it like the other two games I saw. Starters only played two quarters this game and it appeared Nate had some calf cramping.

Jackie looked good in his minutes; this kid is a serious banger and worker on the offensive boards. He's not a long shotblocker that was implied last season when we signed him but he does not shy away from contact.

Francisco Garcia looked very good. Telfair looked like a mini Steph. Travis Outlaw has some game...has a Marion body with similiar skills. Travis Deiner will make the Magic team; real good shooter w. quick release; excellent distributor; he's small but he's a winner.

Roger Mason off guard from Magic looked terrific...this is a kid we need to keep an eye on if he's released. Played @ Virginia and has been out of school for a few years & don't know what he's been doing. Outstanding shooter w. good form; listed @ 6'5" w. good handle and defense; very quick. This guy is a player.

Started talking to a foreign girl next to me that I had seen @ previous games and it turns out she was Sundov's wife. Props to him...he may not have much game on court but he must have some game off it; has good looking wife and she's very nice.
dude doesnt need game off the court... how many guys with NBA cash have busted wives?
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/15/2005  12:12 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

dude doesnt need game off the court... how many guys with NBA cash have busted wives?
speaking of meeting players family members - i met boris diaw's mom at a summer league game - no joke. white scandinavian thick woman...
JULY 13 - Knicks Versus Bulls - SL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy