[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do we draft by need or best available players?
Author Thread
killacross
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #58
USA
5/20/2002  4:28 PM
Do we take a big man regardless of who is still around??? Or if woods/wagner/butler are around do we take them on basis of them being the best player available???
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/20/2002  4:36 PM
Best player available, because a pick at 7 means its too late to go by position. You must go for the best available.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/20/2002  7:40 PM
I think the good thing about this draft is we probably don't have to worry about choosing between position and talent. If Wilcox or Hilario are there then there's no question those are the best players available and at the same time, they fit what we need. I'm very happy with what this draft has to offer so i think we'll find a very good player and won't have to worry about that problem.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/21/2002  6:25 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

I think the good thing about this draft is we probably don't have to worry about choosing between position and talent. If Wilcox or Hilario are there then there's no question those are the best players available and at the same time, they fit what we need. I'm very happy with what this draft has to offer so i think we'll find a very good player and won't have to worry about that problem.
What about Qyntel Woods - the next T-Mac,
or Skeeta, the next Gasol/Nowitzki?

Those players are both better than the next McDyess - which Hilario and Wilcox are billed as. Qyntel and Skeeta could be busts or stars, Hilario and Wilcox are both going to be 15/10 pt/reb players at their peak. More Kurt Thomases for us!
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
5/21/2002  7:56 AM
I would take several KTs on the front line any day... You could run them in and out of the line-up and drive the opposition nuts trying to compete. Get 45-50 points, 20 rebounds and hustle out of one position and you begin to have a team. One of the pickup then develops into a PLAYER and you have a two all-stars and a championship team. Look at the Lakers. Two all stars and lots of role players. Spree and someone....Go all the way.....
The Old Man of UK...
Do we draft by need or best available players?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy