[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Focus should be on McDyess
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/19/2002  2:23 AM
Knicks should do what ever it takes to get him. Id love to see the combo of Camby/McDyess. Knicks definitely have a shot with their draft pick. Knicks can lose Sprewell in a 3 way for him. Or the other option is to give Denver our lottery pick + KT + Ward which wouldnt be a bad deal. Some fans cringe at the idea of givin up a lottery pick. But its better to get an all-star. Because Knicks probably wouldnt start any rookies anyway. Odds are servely against us landing a top 3 pick. Denver wants short contracts in return. I could definitely like this trade. Knicks next year lineup could be:

PG- Dan Dickau - probably best PG in draft, believe it or not.
SG- Allan Houston
SF- Latrell Sprewell
PF- Antonio McDyess
C - Marcus Camby
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/19/2002  11:37 AM
I wouldn't make that trade. McDyess has a injury history.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/19/2002  12:50 PM
You can get a player like McDyess in Mybyner or Wilcox. Dan Dickau isn't the best point in the draft, Jay Williams is. And Frank Williams of Illinois is just as good as Dickau. And you contradict yourself by saying the Knicks wouldn't start a rookie and then putting Dickau in the starting lineup. The frontcourt there has 2 injury prone guys, I wouldn't do that. Depends on where we pick in the lotto though.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/19/2002  2:05 PM
My Bad, but Knick probably wont start a rookie in the frontcourt. We have many player already including Harrington who hasnt really gotten a shot. But we need upfront help. Its better to get a PROVEN player rather than taking a chance on some high school or 1 year player. Wilcox I like but Id take McDyess if I can get him.

No rookie is going to give you 20 points and 8 rebounds a game. The Knicks would be lucky if any of those players could do that in 3 or 4 years, Knicks need results NOW!!! McDyess is established as one of the best PF's in the game. He had an injury hit year. He sat out the rest of the season even though he was healthy because the Denver season was a lost cause. He wanted to be 100% this year. No rookie will make the impact MyDyess will give you. JWill is the head up favorite but I dont think hes much better than Dickau. JWill team was winning so he got all the recognition. Dickau is just as good and I think Dickau is more well rounded as a player.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/19/2002  3:28 PM
Dickau isn't a good defender and offensively I'd give the edge to J-Will to, but they're both pretty good. I think J-Will has more potential though.
#Knickstaps
Focus should be on McDyess

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy