[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would you rather have?
Author Thread
XMAN007
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #60
8/13/2001  10:40 AM
Its obvious we have too many PF and no back up center. Given the choice who do you want?

1. Marc Jackson (GS)
2. Adonal Foyle
3. Jahidi White
4. Harrington assuming he isn't traded

I'd take White or Jackson. I haven't seen enough of Jackson to chose him over White. I personally do not want Miller.

Come strong or not at all!
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/13/2001  10:52 AM
Posted by XMAN007:

Its obvious we have too many PF and no back up center. Given the choice who do you want?

1. Marc Jackson (GS)
2. Adonal Foyle
3. Jahidi White
4. Harrington assuming he isn't traded

I'd take White or Jackson. I haven't seen enough of Jackson to chose him over White. I personally do not want Miller.
In order of preference:
Jahidi White
Adonal Foyle
Harrington
Marc Jackson - the guy was a rookie and he is more demanding than Lavor Postell! The guy has an ego and attitude problem and wouldn't fit with the knicks.
Caseloads
8/13/2001  10:59 AM
don't forget, we do have felton spencer "for hire" as a serviceable backup Center player, if we'd only use him...

And OldPolice is still available and could be had for our 1.3 mil veterans exception - but he'd want too many minutes.
XMAN007
8/13/2001  12:16 PM
I agree w/ you about White b/c he has size, is an intimidator, can get bounds, n of course he's from G-town. Adonal would be a good addition but it looks like the deal is dying.

Felton played well when he was given an opportuntiy which was rarely. He is getting older though and breaks down.

I'd rather deal Spoon but Harrington but I don't think its possible.

XMAN007
8/13/2001  12:33 PM
I've heard that a rumor that the Knicks would send Ward for White. I think it is too good to be true. Although Ward does have good leadership skills they would want a pick #1 or 2 along w/ him. I'd give them a #2 but would be hesistant to deal a 1. Then again we never keep our #1's anyway.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/13/2001  12:48 PM
Marc jackson, simply because he has shown more offensive skills than the others, although foyle's athletcism and shot blocking makes him interesting..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/13/2001  12:59 PM
I think alot of it depends on what the Knicks are thinking.

If they are looking for a backup center, then I wouldn't mind Foyle. If they are thinking of getting a quality starting center, and moving Camby to the 4, then I would rather have White or Jackson. Whichever has the better offensive game.

I just don't want to pair 2 guys (Camby and Foyle) as our future PF and center when both have suspect offensive games.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
XMAN007
8/13/2001  2:38 PM
Jackson has some good offensive #'s for a rookie. We have enough shots n scoring b/w Houston n Spree. If he is a head case VG will give a nice spot on the bench. He or White would be good for us. Tin Foyle wouldn't be bad either b/c he has some nice bounds n shot blocking ability.

What do you think it will take to get Jackson? Ward n Harrington?
Blade
Member: #48
8/13/2001  2:57 PM
if i were the knicks id start harrington because he has the low post offensive game that thomas doenst. but thomas also brings the defensive and of course love from jvg so thomas i sogni to play above harrington. harrington was a steal by dealin out strickland, harringotn is a capable starter and we shoudl try more to use what we have than deal for wut we dont. even though we shoudl deal out ward or jackson to rid ourselves of the perimeter glut.
XMAN007
8/13/2001  3:25 PM
I'm a big fan of Harrington. He's a hard worker, not making much, is young, has a nice baby hook n post up moves, can get bounds, n is willing to learn. Why he isn't a VG favorite is beyond me? Thomas I believe has reached his peak and I'd deal him w/ Ward to get a legit center or possibly Dale Davis.

I'd like to see us get Foyle b/c of his blocking n rebounding ability. Any news on the Foyle/Ward deal. White would be fine as well but I don't think Jackson is the answer. We don't have enough shots for him.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/13/2001  4:53 PM
Blade, XMAN007 - I am not sure I fully understand the praise given to Harrington. I would agree that he is a big body, has a good work ethic and a potential upside, but to say that he should start over Thomas and/or is better than Thomas is (IMHO) a stretch: I can't ever remember Harrington passing out of the post, those pump fakes aren't fooling anyone and he seems fould prone. I think Thomas is better defensively and has a better face-the-basket 15 foot jumpshot. Given the minutes Harrington may be able to produce more effectively, but the same can be said about Thomas - just look at the playoff stats. In my book, Thomas starts for us this year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
8/13/2001  6:27 PM
Posted by Blade:

if i were the knicks id start harrington because he has the low post offensive game that thomas doenst.
Blade I think you've been smoking with Bill Walton, When Have you ever seen othella average 20 and 10 thats what Thomas did at one point later in the season.

[Edited by - LarrythaLeo on 08/13/2001 18:29:38]
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/13/2001  9:05 PM
Jackson is a versital center that can bring defenders out where they don't want to be. With his inside presence and outside touch, i take him in a second.
XMAN007
8/13/2001  11:21 PM
I'm not saying Harrington should start over Thomas. All I'm saying is he's underrated n should get more playin time. Obviously that is going to be difficult w/ Spoon, thomas, LJ, etc. I'd be hesitant to trade him unless we get good value in return. I'm not a big Miller fan. White n Jackson r good value n obviously one of these PFs need to go.
Blade
Member: #48
8/14/2001  2:52 AM
im jus answering the call for the "lowpost" prescence that jvg, and others (sportswriters, fans) have been clamoring for. thats why jvg starts lj even if he was only 6'7'', that low post scoring is very beneficient especially with two shooting guards along the perimeter. and wut i meant by starting othella is that with time hell produce wut thomas does, but what thomas lacks is that lowpost scoring option. he worked on the defense, rebounding, and such over time, he was not contributing at ALL during 98-00, and now u all are sayin the same about harrington now. i say give harrington time, and maybe jus maybe well have that low post scorer whos over 6'8'' like we always needed and have thomas' qualities. other than that fact, i love thomas, hes the 4th best on the team behind latrell, camby, and houston. and if thomas wanted he could be the next oakley and be our tough pf that weve missed since oakley was traded.
Caseloads
8/14/2001  9:13 AM
Posted by tkf:

Marc jackson, simply because he has shown more offensive skills than the others, although foyle's athletcism and shot blocking makes him interesting..
I'd rather not have Marc Jackson, because he has a big ego, and doesn't like to go inside. He likes to leave the inside game to the PF's and he likes to hit 12-15 footers like a SF/PF. I guess that would open up the lanes in NY, but he'd probably get no minutes in NY and complain.
Caseloads
8/14/2001  9:21 AM
Posted by Blade:

im jus answering the call for the "lowpost" prescence that jvg, and others (sportswriters, fans) have been clamoring for. thats why jvg starts lj even if he was only 6'7'', that low post scoring is very beneficient especially with two shooting guards along the perimeter. and wut i meant by starting othella is that with time hell produce wut thomas does, but what thomas lacks is that lowpost scoring option. he worked on the defense, rebounding, and such over time, he was not contributing at ALL during 98-00, and now u all are sayin the same about harrington now. i say give harrington time, and maybe jus maybe well have that low post scorer whos over 6'8'' like we always needed and have thomas' qualities. other than that fact, i love thomas, hes the 4th best on the team behind latrell, camby, and houston. and if thomas wanted he could be the next oakley and be our tough pf that weve missed since oakley was traded.
true, but why does Oakley always call Thomas a girl? Thomas probably needs to hit the weights. And on second thought - if VG would give Marc Jackson minutes - like 30 a night, I'd take him over Foyle, because he can take bigger centers outside and J them up. But if we are talking about getting a back up Center for Camby or someone we can play with Camby (while Camby slides over to PF for short stints of time) I'd take Jahidi White (a role player, he'd need 20 minutes a game) or I'd take Foyle, who would be able to come in for 10-15 minutes a game and do his thing, board and block.
nyknyg
Member: #77
USA
8/14/2001  1:28 PM
if i was jeff van gundy, i would have the team do what sprewll and camby is doing this summer. GETTING BUFF. Camby, 6-11, 225, he's gone up around 20, and sprewell is getting bigger. if thomas gets bigger, and harington gets bigger, they'll have big power fowards than can match the centers in the east (most). if everybody gets bigger, they'll be able to push people around in the paint, get rebounds, be stronger. Jeff van gundy should have started practices earlier, give them just a month of vacationing and practice around early - mid July. that way everybody will be sharp and have a lot of time to develop.
NyC, LeS NyG, NyK
Caseloads
8/14/2001  4:09 PM
Posted by nyknyg:

if i was jeff van gundy, i would have the team do what sprewll and camby is doing this summer. GETTING BUFF. Camby, 6-11, 225, he's gone up around 20, and sprewell is getting bigger. if thomas gets bigger, and harington gets bigger, they'll have big power fowards than can match the centers in the east (most). if everybody gets bigger, they'll be able to push people around in the paint, get rebounds, be stronger. Jeff van gundy should have started practices earlier, give them just a month of vacationing and practice around early - mid July. that way everybody will be sharp and have a lot of time to develop.
yeah, and mid season they'll be tired
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
8/15/2001  2:39 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Blade:

im jus answering the call for the "lowpost" prescence that jvg, and others (sportswriters, fans) have been clamoring for.
and wut i meant by starting othella is that with time hell produce wut thomas does, but what thomas lacks is that lowpost scoring option. he worked on the defense, rebounding, and such over time, he was not contributing at ALL during 98-00, and now u all are sayin the same about harrington now. i say give harrington time, and maybe jus maybe well have that low post scorer whos over 6'8'' like we always needed and have thomas' qualities. other than that fact, i love thomas, hes the 4th best on the team behind latrell, camby, and houston. and if thomas wanted he could be the next oakley and be our tough pf that weve missed since oakley was traded.
true, but why does Oakley always call Thomas a girl? Thomas probably needs to hit the weights.
and wut i meant by starting othella is that with time hell produce wut thomas does - Blade

I don't understand your logic blade, why would you build up thomas to the level where he can average 20 and 10 just to bench him and give the job to unproven harrington. That doesn't make since. In the sporting world you have to earn your keep, you normally don't see opportunities just given out to unprovens. You let harrington earn his minute next year and prove he can contribute more consistently.
-Larrythaleo

he worked on the defense, rebounding, and such over time, he was not contributing at ALL during 98-00, and now u all are sayin the same about harrington now -blade

you're right I am he has to earn it the same way thomas did, the only person exempt from this rule will be facing the knicks in game 1 next year -LarrythaLeo

i love thomas -blade

the feelings mutual -LarrythaLeo

and maybe jus maybe well have that low post scorer whos over 6'8'' like we always needed -blade

you already do you just fail to see it -LarrythaLeo

true, but why does Oakley always call Thomas a girl? Thomas probably needs to hit the weights -Caseloads

20 and 10 taste-deeze oak. Thomas is a horse. 1. -LarrythaLeo
Who would you rather have?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy