Portland - NY trade based on NYDN article
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/16/2002  8:23 AM
Camby, Houston, Anderson for
Rasheed and Pippen

Get pippen whose monster contract expires soon, Rasheed is the front court player we need - Spree can harness him
Get rid of Houston, a redundant baller, Anderson with a huge contract

Portland gets a young 7ft'er, Houston, who has a good stroke - and they've coveted him, and Anderson, good on Defense, as they might lose Bonzi to FA ...

Houston and KT, Weatherspoon for
Dale, Pippen, Portland's 1st round pick

KT is a younger baller that has performed well at the 5 spot, Weatherspoon is PF insurance for Portland, Pippen is done, Houston gives them another shooting option.

Houston, KT, Camby, Anderson for
Davis, Kemp, Pippen

We get Kemp and Pippen, bloated ending contracts that will let NY become free agent ballers soon, we get rid of Houston and Anderson's bloated contracts, Camby, an injury prone baller, and KT - who only over achieved this year, who will return to being his alter ego, "Crazy Eyes" next year.

Kemp and Davis make our front line bigger, and in the East, they'd be enough, pippen could run at the 3, spree at the 2, jax at the point. This would be a team that could make 1 run at the finals and then NYK could watch their contracts come off the cap and get young guys.
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/16/2002  8:34 AM
who knows? I do think though Portland might want Spree and if they would consider Houston or Spree they would want to send back on of their SG's as they've already got Bonzi Wells, Derek Anderson and Steve Kerr.

I think this has the highest possibility of happening of those trades you suggested since rumors have been going around that DD is on the way out.
Caseloads
5/16/2002  12:30 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

who knows? I do think though Portland might want Spree and if they would consider Houston or Spree they would want to send back on of their SG's as they've already got Bonzi Wells, Derek Anderson and Steve Kerr.

I think this has the highest possibility of happening of those trades you suggested since rumors have been going around that DD is on the way out.
if we did dump those guys houston, kt and spoon for dale and pippen and a 1st rounder, that'd be awesome for us, get rid of big salary, make our way toward getting under the cap, and we get an extra young buck, what!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/16/2002  12:49 PM
that trade u mentioned is absoloutely ridiculous. u cant get pippen unless u give an all-star in return. pippen is a cap clearer next year and will clear 20mil off somebodys cap. rasheed please tell me where the portland get better. portland doesnt get better and they dont get cap space. that is so stupid. can the trade be anymore lopsided.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
5/16/2002  2:01 PM
Posted by falcindor:

that trade u mentioned is absoloutely ridiculous. u cant get pippen unless u give an all-star in return. pippen is a cap clearer next year and will clear 20mil off somebodys cap. rasheed please tell me where the portland get better. portland doesnt get better and they dont get cap space. that is so stupid. can the trade be anymore lopsided.
falcindor, you're retarded man. you're the one always posting lopsided trades. Portland would get Camby and Houston for Rasheed, who has given Portland no luck or hope the past few years, they need a risky trade to toast their gophers.

Of course pippen is a cap cleaner, but Portland doesn't care about the cap and would prefer to have a great Shooting Guard (two time all star) in Houston compared to a retiring SF that's definitely done after next season, some say he was done this season. At least houston is not the head case Wallace is or Pippen turned out to be.
falcindor
USA
5/16/2002  3:26 PM
The Blazers gain nothing.

Rasheed is their francise player and no he doesnt have an attitude. Houston and Camby isnt worth their francise player. Houston has a monster of contract that will lift their payroll sky high. Why get Houston when you got Derek Anderson and Bozi Wells + Ruben Patterson. They need inside scoring and you want them to give up Rasheed their only threat.
falcindor
USA
5/16/2002  3:29 PM
The article was more speaking of a trade like this:

Latrell Sprewell + Kurt Thomas + Charlie Ward

for

Damon Stoudamire + Dale Davis + 2nd round pick

falcindor
USA
5/16/2002  3:33 PM
Or:

Damon Stoudamire + Rasheed Wallace + Derek Anderson
for
Latrell Sprewell + Kurt Thomas + Marcus Camby + 2002 Lottery Pick
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/16/2002  4:49 PM
Fritz man, stop smoking blunts, you're nuts. Rasheed Wallace isn't a headcase? Did I read that right? Have you ever seen a Blazers game. All your points make no sense.
"Rasheed is their francise player and no he doesnt have an attitude. Houston and Camby isnt worth their francise player. Houston has a monster of contract that will lift their payroll sky high. Why get Houston when you got Derek Anderson and Bozi Wells + Ruben Patterson. They need inside scoring and you want them to give up Rasheed their only threat."

Rasheed isn't their franchise player because they know they can't win with him. Wells is gone after this year and Patterson and Anderson are both slashers, not jump shooters. And Portland is the one team in the league other then the Knicks and Mavs who don't care how high their payroll is. This trade would make some much sense, Camby Houston and Anderson for Sheed and Pippen. Spree could drive, kick back out to Sheed on the perimeter cause he has a sweet J. I don't know if anyone can tame Rasheed other then Stackhouse since they played together at UNC and Stack always was looking out for Sheed there, but still, you add a good shooting guard, not a 2 guard but a guy who can knock down threes like Wagner or Williams in the draft and you have a good team.
#Knickstaps
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/16/2002  6:51 PM
falcindor damnit stop with ur multiple posts in a row just so you can pad up your # of total posts. NO portland does not want to trade their most talented player, but they realize that he IS a head case and the blazers need to change things up if they ever expect to make it to the finals. They would get Houston, who if he gets his shots can dominate from the perimeter. Also Camby, who when he is healthy (with IS being the big risk) is one of the best rebounders and weakside defenders in the league.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/17/2002  12:51 AM
I'm sorry but I too think Portland wouldn't do that trade. Portland has Kemp, Rasheed Pippen expiring soon which is about $45-50 mill in cap space they save. So they do care about cap space and won't take on Houston's (or Anderson's) contract. Why would they want him anyway with Bonzi and DA aready at the 2 spot??? Rasheed is not a headcase like everyone claims, just because he gets teched more than any other player in the league doesn't mean Portland is looking to get rid of him. If they did they could get a better package from another team. The guy is still a Top 5 PF in the league.
hey
Member: #248
USA
5/27/2002  3:41 PM
really the knick should trade thier pick and ward/or cash and trade it for rasheed
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/28/2002  7:31 AM
Posted by hey:

really the knick should trade thier pick and ward/or cash and trade it for rasheed

It's going to take more than just a pick and Ward to get Wallace...
Portland - NY trade based on NYDN article

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy