AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/15/2002  3:10 PM
Posted by nykfan37:

http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-05-15/Metro_Sports/Basketball/a-150896.asp

Small group of reporters will witness the Lottery
hopefully this only happens this year. or hopefully next year lebron will pull a Kobe or a Steve Francis and say that he'll ONLY play for the Knicks...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/15/2002  4:07 PM
It still doesn't mean they can't fix it, they just have to be better at it. I'm still a little scared they get number 1 and take Ming. I'd rather get 3 and get Wagner/Williams or get 7 and hope for Gooden/Wilcox.
#Knickstaps
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
5/15/2002  4:21 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

It still doesn't mean they can't fix it, they just have to be better at it. I'm still a little scared they get number 1 and take Ming. I'd rather get 3 and get Wagner/Williams or get 7 and hope for Gooden/Wilcox.

I share that same fear. OH Dear God NO! I don't want to deal with all the "red tape" with the Chinese Government. I would rather take a chance on a different player.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
BigSm00th
USA
5/15/2002  6:02 PM
And, it just said on ESPN that Wang ZhiZhi of the Mavs has to return to China this year. Also, Barkley said that he doesn't think Ming will be as good as Shawn Bradley. I agree with Bradley and with GucciKnick in not picking him, the Chinese government has just built this guy up and I really don't think he'll do that well.
#Knickstaps
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/15/2002  7:23 PM
You need physically dominating post players to win a championship, and with Camby/ming in there we have two weakside defenders. If we get the #1 take Jwill and we will have a top 5/6 pg in the nba behind Kidd, gpate, nash, and baron/stevie franchise
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
BigSm00th
USA
5/15/2002  9:55 PM
And that's from the get-go. When J-Will matures he'd be top 3. And he's clutch, if you watched the Indiana game everyone talks about that free throw. Well, it rimmed out, that happens, but how he got there, he hit a fading three with contact off a rebound, it was incredible. Plays smart, with heart, and wants to be the Knick. I really am having trouble seeing the problem with not picking him.
#Knickstaps
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/16/2002  8:13 AM
Knicks will in all likelyhood be picking 7-10 so it doesn't matter about Ming or Williams.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/16/2002  8:30 AM
Well you have to wonder if the Knicks get the 7th or worse pick if they won't make a silly trade to get Ming. This is in the back of my mind as I don't see the Knicks falling into the top 3.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/16/2002  1:45 PM
why does everybody talk about top 3. we better hope we get #7. It would be a tragic day if the knicks get like 11 or 12.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knick2001
5/16/2002  2:15 PM
Knicks can't fall more than 3 slots. Thus, the worse they can pick is the 10th position.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
5/16/2002  9:52 PM
Where does Andre Miller fit in your top five evaluation or doesnt he? In my opinion he is in the JKidd mould just maybe a year or two away. He is a triple double waiting to happen. Is there any possible way we could trade for him?
knicker for life
killacross
USA
5/16/2002  10:08 PM
Posted by prowler:

Where does Andre Miller fit in your top five evaluation or doesnt he? In my opinion he is in the JKidd mould just maybe a year or two away. He is a triple double waiting to happen. Is there any possible way we could trade for him?

yeah miller is an excellent pg... but i think that Jwill could be even better in his 1st year. Miller is a great creater, but he lacks the killer first step, and that prevents him from being a great penetrator and shutdown defender. He must also work on his 3 pt shot. Don't get me wrong... I would love to have miller, but if I had my choice I would rather have jwill.

[Edited by - killacross on 05/16/2002 22:09:25]
BigSm00th
USA
5/16/2002  10:36 PM
Miller is less athletic than most points in the NBA, but he probably has one of the best court visions and gets his teammates involved better then everyone minus Kidd.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/17/2002  12:37 AM
jay William cant be compared to Miller. And you are sick if yu think Jwill put up those types of numbers as a rookie. Jwill isnt even a good passer. Jwill will be lucky to EVER put up Millers numbers. Jwill is just the hottest thing this year. He isnt worth the hype. He isnt even the best PG in the draft. Im sick of these fan who think Jwill is gonna take over the league.

There are gonna be more good players in the 2nd rond than the first. Juan Dixon is gonna be sleeper of the draft. He has lightning quick ability and has the best footwork ive seen in college since Ray Allen. He plays smart ball and has a good feel for the game. But the only player I want in the first round is Chris Wilcox.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knick2001
5/17/2002  8:14 AM
I agree with you that Wilcox would be a good first round choice. I disagree with your statement "there are gonna be more good players in the 2nd rond than the first". Historically, very few 2nd round draft picks make an impact (let alone make the team) compared to 1st round picks.
killacross
USA
5/17/2002  3:34 PM
Posted by falcindor:

jay William cant be compared to Miller. And you are sick if yu think Jwill put up those types of numbers as a rookie. Jwill isnt even a good passer. Jwill will be lucky to EVER put up Millers numbers. Jwill is just the hottest thing this year. He isnt worth the hype. He isnt even the best PG in the draft. Im sick of these fan who think Jwill is gonna take over the league.

There are gonna be more good players in the 2nd rond than the first. Juan Dixon is gonna be sleeper of the draft. He has lightning quick ability and has the best footwork ive seen in college since Ray Allen. He plays smart ball and has a good feel for the game. But the only player I want in the first round is Chris Wilcox.

"(Jwill) isnt even the best PG in the draft"??? what are u smokin???? "Jwill is just the hottest thing this year"??? Sure... considering that Jwill has been the best pg at his age since high school... ok. Before duhon arrived at duke, everyone said that jwill was a great passer and was the next big thing to come at PG.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
5/17/2002  4:52 PM
The first round is defintely better, but there's alot of potential in this draft which means there'll be quite a few players in the second round who could contribute immediately. With all the eraly entrants, the young international players and the high schoolers the good seniors might drop into the second, it's a nasty thought but Juan Dixon could actually wind up in the second round.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2002  10:22 PM
In the first round assuming we will likely draft either 7th or 8th i like Chris Wilcox or Maybyner Hilario. They are both similar prospects, and while Wilcox is probably a slightly better athlete, Hilario has a better post game already and is a little stronger. So i wouldn't mind either or. I heard that insider said Wilcox would be the third choice for the Knicks behind Williams and Ming so obviously Wilcox is the most legit choice. But it will be interesting to see how Nene does in his workouts. Don't be surprised if he wows scouts and becomes a definite top 8 or 10 choice because he seems like the type of player to really do something like that. When talking about foreign players i think he's as good a prospect as Tskitishvili only he has had more of a chance to show what he can do while Hilario hasn't. He is this year's Kenyon Martin no doubt, but probably bigger and has a better upside. In the second round i think we're best off taking a foreign player who might not be able to play for a year or two, but can make a big impact when he does. We have no use for a second round pick who probably won't be able to even make the team. Someone like Boris Diaw-Riffiod comes to mind. I great small forward who plays great defense and plays above the rim. We don't need him now, but he could make a great impact when we will need him. He also gives us something to look forward to in the future and we can pay attention to the progress he is making. He's the type of guy who could declare for the draft in two years and become a lottery pick if he's able to play with the team he's drafted by right away so why not pick up someone like that now. I just think we should take a page out of Sacramento and Dallas' book and take two solid foreign prospects like Hilario and Diaw, but i wouldn't mind Wilcox either. Both players could provide that much needed presence for us in the post.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
5/18/2002  6:00 AM
Rumor has it that Denver will pick Diaw-Riffiod with their late first rounder from Dallas.
Forget Top 3 Pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy