[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ward to Chi-town? Maybe Larry is on to something.
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/13/2001  10:34 AM
By acquiring Howard Eisley, the article states that the Knicks are reportedly shopping Guard Charlie Ward, who could be an option for the Bulls because of his strong leadership skills. However, Ward's knee and his contract are of some concern.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull131.html

http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/basketball/heat/digdocs/106776.htm
AUTOADVERT
Dano
Member: #69
8/13/2001  11:41 AM
I'd like to see the Knicks trade Charlie to Chicago for Brad Miller.

Start Miller at center and move Camby to PF. Only thing is it takes
minutes away from Kurt.

Thoughts?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/13/2001  11:45 AM
Posted by Dano:

minutes away from Kurt.

I'm kind of partial to what Caseloads mentioned in another thread. Let Felton play 10-12 minutes a game. Bringing in another mid tier big man will cause him to be unhappy when Camby and Thomas get a majority of the minutes. That is of course if Camby is durable enough to play around 35 minutes per game.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Dano
Member: #69
8/13/2001  11:54 AM
Is Felton even healthy? I haven't even seen him play in a Knick uniform.
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
8/13/2001  8:46 PM
If Chicago doesn't want to do ard for Miller, how about Ward for Artest, I hear Artest has had an attitude problem, and Chicago wants to get rid of him. I know that would create even more of a logjam at the SF/SG position but atleast Artest, Postell, or Shandon Anderson is more tradeable than Ward.Playing Felton might be a decent shot, I remember how he had that huge game against Detroit at the end of the season.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/13/2001  9:15 PM
Posted by Dano:

minutes away from Kurt.

Thoughts?
I'm really not sure if Miller would start over Thomas, but it's a possibility. I think it depends on who we play most of all. Anyways, getting Miller in exchange for Ward would be an excellent deal for us and for chicago. If you break down our two trades, it would be ward for eisley and rice for anderson and miller. We would be a very improved team.
knicks238
Member: #90
USA
8/13/2001  9:30 PM
qoute by keepcambyny:
If Chicago doesn't want to do ard for Miller, how about Ward for Artest, I hear Artest has had an attitude problem, and Chicago wants to get rid of him. I know that would create even more of a logjam at the SF/SG position but atleast Artest, Postell, or Shandon Anderson is more tradeable than Ward.Playing Felton might be a decent shot, I remember how he had that huge game against Detroit at the end of the season.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

we dont need artest at all
KNICKS IN 2001-2002!!!!!
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
8/14/2001  7:33 AM
Posted by knicks238:

qoute by keepcambyny:
If Chicago doesn't want to do ard for Miller, how about Ward for Artest, I hear Artest has had an attitude problem, and Chicago wants to get rid of him. I know that would create even more of a logjam at the SF/SG position but atleast Artest, Postell, or Shandon Anderson is more tradeable than Ward.Playing Felton might be a decent shot, I remember how he had that huge game against Detroit at the end of the season.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

we dont need artest at all

I know we don't need artest, but like I said it would be easier to trade away one of our SG/SF's away than it would be to trade Ward especially with Ward's bum knee and his huge contract. Do you know what I am saying?
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Caseloads
8/14/2001  9:23 AM
Posted by Dano:

Is Felton even healthy? I haven't even seen him play in a Knick uniform.
yes, felton is healthy. he would have been cut if he weren't because the knicks would have taken up his roster spot.
nyknyg
Member: #77
USA
8/14/2001  1:19 PM
artest is garbage, he plays horribly as a shooting gaurd, and he's not even decent at a small fowards. honestly, the knicks have no true small fowards, and small fowards are really one of the best positions next to centers, and we have neither
NyC, LeS NyG, NyK
Caseloads
8/14/2001  4:07 PM
Posted by nyknyg:

artest is garbage, he plays horribly as a shooting gaurd, and he's not even decent at a small fowards. honestly, the knicks have no true small fowards, and small fowards are really one of the best positions next to centers, and we have neither
all i have to say is artest bodyslamming glenn "lil dog" robinson was as funny as charles barkley bodyslamming shaq!
dadanyk
Member: #43
USA
8/14/2001  4:32 PM
adding bard miller
wouldn't be bad
but ya talk about
who should start
just let them
battle for the
starting position
and who plays better
let'em start no hard
feelings toward the
other guy (who ever plays
the bench) that just makes
a deeper bench for the knicks
and at that if one of the big
men goes down either one of them
could feel that spot and we wont
loose a thing .....so just let
them battle it out that sounds
like the logical thing to do
.....may the best
man win....
HIRE SPIKE LEE FOR GM JOB
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/14/2001  6:12 PM
Word is that if chicago renounces the rights to fred hoiberg, they will be under the cap enough to trade miller for ward straight up. Think it's something worth considering? We may have to add a draft pick or something to sweeten the deal, but i think i would still do it.
Caseloads
8/14/2001  9:18 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Word is that if chicago renounces the rights to fred hoiberg, they will be under the cap enough to trade miller for ward straight up. Think it's something worth considering? We may have to add a draft pick or something to sweeten the deal, but i think i would still do it.
Chicago wants to re-sign The Mayor, so said Krause in an article today.
Ward to Chi-town? Maybe Larry is on to something.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy