The article says it all.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/15921.htm
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/10/2002  6:19 PM
I like how it says Chaney wants more athletic players. This is great, if J-Will is a Knick it'd be sweet. He's the total package, screw what Knicks players want (the article said Knicks players want a big man) because this bunch didn't really do a whole lot, so they should take J-Will and build around him.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/10/2002  7:18 PM
Im wondering why Jwill opened his mouth. He didnt give the standard answer "ill be happy wherever I go." Is he gonna pull a Steve Francis and not gonna sign with his team? It makes you wonder. He maybe setting up an atmostphere for him to go to NY on draft day. Obviously his comments were intentional. Where is he going with this?
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/10/2002  8:54 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Im wondering why Jwill opened his mouth. He didnt give the standard answer "ill be happy wherever I go." Is he gonna pull a Steve Francis and not gonna sign with his team? It makes you wonder. He maybe setting up an atmostphere for him to go to NY on draft day. Obviously his comments were intentional. Where is he going with this?

Wow is this kid ****y. I believe that he has looked at steve francis and thinks that he can control where he will end up. Jwill better grow up fast if he expects to make it in the league. He's gotta realize that the nba is bigger than him.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
BigSm00th
USA
5/10/2002  9:14 PM
The quotes were probably taken out of context. People probably asked where do you want to play if you could choose and he answered with "NY i guess" or what team were you a fan of as a kid and he said "the Knicks." He didn't just hold a press conference and say "ok, im going to new york no matter what."
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/10/2002  10:06 PM
but his comment were intentional. of course if you have an agent they alway tell you to give the standard line. he is a brilliant kid and he knows what he is doing. if he wasnt going to pull a stunt like that, what he just said is suicide to his draft position. it makes a team think twice before drafting you. we will find out. if he didnt mean it he will probably correct himself in the next few days.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
USA
5/10/2002  10:33 PM
Yeah, I agree with Fritz. I bet Big Dave Stern sees this, gives us the second pick, behind Chicago, who will get Ming. According to Insider, the Warriors aren't interested in Ming, so they get 3. I hope that's how it goes down. Knicks having Seattle's pick @ 20 (via the Ewing trade) would've really helped them but they traded it along with Childs for Jackson. You wonder if that was worth it. If the Knicks had 20 and got screwed in the lotto and got either 8,9, or 10, they could use that to trade up. I guess nobody saw this collapse this year coming, but still, Layden just throws around these draft picks, thank god the Knicks have this year.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/11/2002  8:04 AM
I don't think Williams wanting to pull a Francis is a bad thing. He wants to play for us so I don't mind if he forces whichever team that drafted him to trade him here.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/11/2002  11:26 AM
I agree with VG, we should be happy about this. It's the fans of Chicago, GS and the like who should be annoyed that he's come out with these comments. I think he could well do a Francis. He could just of easily have said "I really don't mind which team I play for" but he said he'd prefer to be with the Knicks. I don't know how seious he is about being in NY, but let's hope he's as serious as Stevie was about not being in Vancouver.
We suck.
Jason Williams wants to be a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy