Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/8/2002  9:25 PM
The future GM is me of course. Here is my plan:

1) Lamar Odom
for
Kurt Thomas + 2003 First Rounder

why- we wont be in lottery nexy year. kurt overachieved this year. next year he wont be as good on the knicks once camby returns.

2) Draft Chris Wilcox

kid has raw talent. has the hops of kenyon martin and the strenth of Antonio Davis.

3) Sprewell + Ward + Weatherspoon for Larry Hughes + Danny Fortson
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/8/2002  9:32 PM
The third trade is useless. Hughes is an enigma and Fortson is a 6 ft. 6 rebounder, that is all he does. The first two are nice though.
#Knickstaps
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/8/2002  9:46 PM
WHY YOU WILL NEVER BE A FUTURE GM: the third trade is absolutely horrible. First of all we would send about 22 million to GS in salary and we would recieve only 8 million. Also, to elaborate on what BigSmOOth stated, Fortson is a rebounder and his game ends there. If he was so good then why has he been traded so many times? Because he does not shoot a high percentage, is not a team player, not a solid defensive player, and all he does is go for rebounds where often times he leaves his man wide open either on the boards or on Defense to get more rebounds. This may look great if all you read are box scores, but it can destroy a game plan. Why would we trade our best player, both skill wise and trade value for basically nothing? The one point which i agree with you is that KT overachieved this year and now is the time to trade him.

THE REAL FUTURE GM gives his 2 cents
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
nykfan37
Member: #118
5/8/2002  9:56 PM
Posted by falcindor:

The future GM is me of course. Here is my plan:

why- we wont be in lottery nexy year. kurt overachieved this year. next year he wont be as good on the knicks once camby returns.

I agree on the KT part, but we'll be in the lottery next year, and you will never be gm, I've never seen you propose a fair trade....well on second thought, if layden is gm, you have a shot afterall
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/9/2002  12:51 AM
First 2 moves are good, third one is not bad but I wouldn't do it. Golden State would to have throw in more slaries (even if Hughes 's contract is renewed). I don't really see why GS would want Sprewell though with J-Rich at the 2 and Jamison at the 3...
falcindor
USA
5/9/2002  9:42 AM
yes i screwed up the 3rd trade. But its just a proposal.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/9/2002  9:58 AM
Indeed, GS will never ever take back Spree.

trade 1, don't give up next years first rounder as that looks like a nice draft as well besides the very very offside chance of getting a shot at LeBron.

2, Wilcox is legit

3, Hughes and Fortson would be nice for say Ward and Spoon. Only reason for GS to do that would be that Ward is practically in the last year of his contract (cheap buyout at the end of next season).
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/9/2002  10:17 AM
Do NOT give up any future #1 picks. The Knicks are in a multi-year rebuilding process.
falcindor
USA
5/9/2002  10:36 AM
I disagree. I dont think we will be in the lottery for some time.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/9/2002  10:59 AM
Unless there is a major renovation and a big time player is brought in (Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson-all incredibly doubtful) then expect to be seeing the Knicks in the lottery for the next few years. Don't trade Ward with his contract expiring, just wait it out. Build a contender, not just a perennial playoff team that goes nowhere (see T'Wolves) I'd rather wait 4 or 5 years and watch them lose to have a team like the Celtics, Pistons, Mavs, or something like that then just quickly rebuild and get guys like Larry Hughes.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
5/9/2002  11:13 AM
chemistry wins championships. u cant teach chemistry. knicks need to put a good team together and tweak t over a few years.
falcindor
USA
5/9/2002  11:24 AM
without any aquisitions i think the knick can make the playoffs next year at the 5th spot. If the knick can enhance their team I think we can be the 2nd best team in the east. this year was a fluke. we lost confidence and then it was over. knicks mentally beat themselves. plus we didnt have camby.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/9/2002  11:55 AM
Posted by falcindor:

without any aquisitions i think the knick can make the playoffs next year at the 5th spot. If the knick can enhance their team I think we can be the 2nd best team in the east. this year was a fluke. we lost confidence and then it was over. knicks mentally beat themselves. plus we didnt have camby.
you are right. we did mentally beat ourselves, but that was about it.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/9/2002  1:32 PM
Don't trade Ward with his contract expiring, just wait it out.

Here I disagree, the Knicks are far over the cap, might as well use ANY bargaining chip you can to get young talent to the Knicks. If the Knicks would commit to getting back to sane cap proportions they'll have to trade for Pip or Juwan or something. Doesn't look like they're looking at this so might as well use Ward to get a pick or young talent.
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/9/2002  9:15 PM
I want the Knicks to built for a championship run, not just to make the playoffs. The Knicks need a huge amount of youth infusion, and that isn't accomplished in one season. Thus, if they commit to a rebuilding process, future lotteries can be expected, which isn't a bad thing.
abdurrahman
Member: #228
Spain
5/10/2002  1:27 PM
In my view the next year with all the players healthy (I don't believe that happens never) and some free agent like 'Rasho' Nesterovic NY will be on the top-5 in the East but obiously without any possibility to win the Championship.
I want the championsip and that means trade players like Spree, Thomas Camby... and get young people and lottery picks. With a lot of new talent (J.Williams, Postell, Wilcox...) we'll be on the NBA top-3 in a few years.
falcindor
USA
5/10/2002  2:02 PM
Knicks team isnt hopeless. Its unbalanced. We need some youth but we dont need to flip the script. We just need 2 younger guys. If we can get Wilcox this summer and get Odom we will be straight. Keep Camby and lose Spree I would be happy. Our PG needs addressing it wont be to hard to land a free agent with our 4.5 exception. Hopefully we can trade Mark Jackson for a 2nd rounder. And get Troy Hudson with our exception.
abdurrahman
Member: #228
Spain
5/10/2002  2:19 PM
All right. I`m agree with you, we are unbalanced. Really we can keep Camby but we need trade Ward, Thomas or Spree. I want keep all the good players but if you(Layden) spend your money in Anderson , Eisley, Weatherspoon or Knight you then suffer a lot. We need suffer some years and clean our Team.
falcindor
USA
5/10/2002  3:48 PM
the only way we do that is by giving up future picks. I dont mind keeping Eisley if we get Odom because Odom is such a good passer it would make up for Eisley non-passing skills. KT value is high now, its an excellent time to trade him. What was so wonderful he was forced to play center and other teams can use him at that spot. Hey Houston thats all Laydens doing its too lae to cry about it now. Hes a Knick for life or at least 3 more years. In 3 year they can do a Juwan Howard type trade to clear cap for another team and fetch us something good. But without Spree, Houston should flourish with taking most of the Knicks outside shots.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/16/2002  1:14 AM
I agree getting young guys like Odomand drafting wilcox is the way to go. We can get a nice Pg in the second round because the draft is mad deep. But falcindor if you are going to be a GM you must look at what you are working with and what you are trading for. Getting odom and drafting Wicox are guys you build around, the knicks need to rebuild weither totally or partially, period. and by trading away future picks its hard to get good talent in to surround Odom and Wilcox... And in order for the knicks to dump some of these garbage contracts they are going to have to include good players, like Camby, spree and KT.. The knick mess is exactly that a mess, but its going to take a little more than just tweaking to turn us into a championship calibre team. You can tweak this team into a playoff team quickly, but we have been down that road too many times and I am tired of it, and I am sure I speak for a lot of people here also.... Good try though.. the first trade is good, the other 2 are useless....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
The Future GM gives is 2 cents

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy