[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft Day Moves
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/8/2002  5:25 PM
Now, I just can't contain myself with trades until the lottery, I can't wait till the 19th, so here it goes. Say the Knicks get the 3rd pick in the draft, Chicago goes first, gets Ming, Golden State goes second, gets Jason Williams. Knicks on the clock. Draft DaJuan Wagner. Now, the lottery progresses and they come to the Clips towards the end. Here comes Stern with an announcement. The Knicks have traded Marcus Camby, the 2002 2nd rounder, and a 2003 second rounder to the Clippers for Lamar Odom and the 2002 first rounder, and with that pick they select Amare Stoudemire. Now, the Suns come on the clock next. Stern again, the Knicks have traded Latrell Sprewell to the Suns for Stephon Marbury and the Suns 2nd round draft pick. With the 2nd rounder, they pick Jiri Welsh, a guy who can play both point and 2-guard.

With Marbury and Wagner, two guys who love to break people down on the dribble and drive, lots of double teams arise with them slashing through. Either kick it back out to Houston for open 3s, Thomas and his open mid-range Js, hit Odom and let him take over, finish the play themselves or dish it to Amare to finish. The entire team would flourish, they wouldn't be that good next year, probably late lottery, but they build around the NYC/NJ talent of Starbury, Wagner, and Odom and also around Amare. Pretty good, and it'd be fun to watch.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
5/8/2002  8:04 PM
I would have a permanent smile on face for 6 months if this were to happen on draft night. Only problem is I dont think Layden is sharp enough to pull that kind of stuff off.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/8/2002  9:03 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Now, I just can't contain myself with trades until the lottery, I can't wait till the 19th, so here it goes. Say the Knicks get the 3rd pick in the draft, Chicago goes first, gets Ming, Golden State goes second, gets Jason Williams. Knicks on the clock. Draft DaJuan Wagner. Now, the lottery progresses and they come to the Clips towards the end. Here comes Stern with an announcement. The Knicks have traded Marcus Camby, the 2002 2nd rounder, and a 2003 second rounder to the Clippers for Lamar Odom and the 2002 first rounder, and with that pick they select Amare Stoudemire. Now, the Suns come on the clock next. Stern again, the Knicks have traded Latrell Sprewell to the Suns for Stephon Marbury and the Suns 2nd round draft pick. With the 2nd rounder, they pick Jiri Welsh, a guy who can play both point and 2-guard.

With Marbury and Wagner, two guys who love to break people down on the dribble and drive, lots of double teams arise with them slashing through. Either kick it back out to Houston for open 3s, Thomas and his open mid-range Js, hit Odom and let him take over, finish the play themselves or dish it to Amare to finish. The entire team would flourish, they wouldn't be that good next year, probably late lottery, but they build around the NYC/NJ talent of Starbury, Wagner, and Odom and also around Amare. Pretty good, and it'd be fun to watch.
A few small things.
1) Clips aren't going to give up their 1st rounder AND Odom. Marcus Camby, our second rounder this and next year MIGHT get us Odom. So no Amare. Maybe we can swap Marcus for the Clippers' first 2 lotto picks.
2) Suns are not giving up Marbury for Spree, when they just got Johnson. PLUS - I never ever want Marbury. He's a cancer to every team. Worse than Allen Iverson. I say we keep our second rounder and just draft Jiri ourselves.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/9/2002  12:38 AM
I doubt the Clippers would trade their two lottery-picks for Camby. With those two-lottery picks they could easily get 2 good inside players (and they'd be cheaper than Camby too)...
Draft Day Moves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy