[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
8/6/2026  4:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Spiderman BND was tremendous. Quite possibly my favorite Spiderman film but the animated ones might give it a run.

I think it's the best live action spiderman movie. Who new the Punisher could pull through as a comedic supporting actor?

I feel like I should be a bigger John Bernthal fan, but I usually just feel like I am watching an actor act.

I’m not sure BND replaces Spider-Man 2 as the overall best Spidey flick. I should rewatch that.

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
8/6/2026  8:13 PM
I can’t believe the final battle in Brand New Day is already posted on YouTube…

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
8/9/2026  9:12 PM
If you stand near the samples being prepared at Costco, waiting, and then stand there chewing like a ****ing cow, you need to go **** yourself.

And if you open the plastic containers of fruits or berries to sample them, I wish plague and pestilence on your family and all future generations. And I hope you die a slow painful death in a car crash involving a fruit delivery truck.

Does that make me a bad person? Because I’m okay with that.

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
Allanfan20
Posts: 36074
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
8/10/2026  6:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Spiderman BND was tremendous. Quite possibly my favorite Spiderman film but the animated ones might give it a run.

I think it's the best live action spiderman movie. Who new the Punisher could pull through as a comedic supporting actor?

This made me want to see more of that duo but I can see it being overdone as well. I also wasn’t particularly looking forward to Doomsday. Now I am.

“I couldn’t dunk it so I tried to, you know, just touched it.”- OG Anunoby
BlueKnickers
Posts: 22421
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/13/2025
Member: #11677

8/10/2026  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/10/2026  9:45 PM
ToddTT wrote:If you stand near the samples being prepared at Costco, waiting, and then stand there chewing like a ****ing cow, you need to go **** yourself.

And if you open the plastic containers of fruits or berries to sample them, I wish plague and pestilence on your family and all future generations. And I hope you die a slow painful death in a car crash involving a fruit delivery truck.

Does that make me a bad person? Because I’m okay with that.

No, you're perfectly sane.

And while you're at it, please imprison all of the 85 year old pricks taking their sweet time in the passing lane

martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
8/11/2026  8:24 AM
BlueKnickers wrote:
ToddTT wrote:If you stand near the samples being prepared at Costco, waiting, and then stand there chewing like a ****ing cow, you need to go **** yourself.

And if you open the plastic containers of fruits or berries to sample them, I wish plague and pestilence on your family and all future generations. And I hope you die a slow painful death in a car crash involving a fruit delivery truck.

Does that make me a bad person? Because I’m okay with that.

No, you're perfectly sane.

And while you're at it, please imprison all of the 85 year old pricks taking their sweet time in the passing lane

Ifffyy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
8/11/2026  10:40 AM
martin wrote:
BlueKnickers wrote:
ToddTT wrote:If you stand near the samples being prepared at Costco, waiting, and then stand there chewing like a ****ing cow, you need to go **** yourself.

And if you open the plastic containers of fruits or berries to sample them, I wish plague and pestilence on your family and all future generations. And I hope you die a slow painful death in a car crash involving a fruit delivery truck.

Does that make me a bad person? Because I’m okay with that.

No, you're perfectly sane.

And while you're at it, please imprison all of the 85 year old pricks taking their sweet time in the passing lane

Ifffyy

If you’re gonna make omelettes, you gotta break some eggs.

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
NYKBocker
Posts: 38654
Alba Posts: 474
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
8/12/2026  8:04 AM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
BlueKnickers wrote:
ToddTT wrote:If you stand near the samples being prepared at Costco, waiting, and then stand there chewing like a ****ing cow, you need to go **** yourself.

And if you open the plastic containers of fruits or berries to sample them, I wish plague and pestilence on your family and all future generations. And I hope you die a slow painful death in a car crash involving a fruit delivery truck.

Does that make me a bad person? Because I'm okay with that.

No, you're perfectly sane.

And while you're at it, please imprison all of the 85 year old pricks taking their sweet time in the passing lane

Ifffyy
If you're gonna make omelettes, you gotta break some eggs.

Oh man! Ever had those Japanese Soufflé Omelette? I want to try them. Knicks in 5!!

BigDaddyG
Posts: 40381
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

8/16/2026  9:16 PM
Not sure how I feel about Lanterns, but that opening scene is pretty f'd up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Posts: 38654
Alba Posts: 474
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
8/17/2026  9:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure how I feel about Lanterns, but that opening scene is pretty f'd up.

I like it a lot. The last scene was bonkers though.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 40381
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

8/24/2026  8:48 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure how I feel about Lanterns, but that opening scene is pretty f'd up.

I like it a lot. The last scene was bonkers though.

I'm easing into it. Both episodes had bonkers endings. The show had a lot of interesting directions it could go.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
9/22/2026  7:42 PM
Resident Evil was a good time. I laughed, I jumped, I said WTF a few times.

See it in theaters. AMC is half price Tuesdays and Wednesday for you cheap f***s!

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
BigDaddyG
Posts: 40381
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

9/22/2026  7:47 PM
ToddTT wrote:Resident Evil was a good time. I laughed, I jumped, I said WTF a few times.

See it in theaters. AMC is half price Tuesdays and Wednesday for you cheap f***s!


Saw it last week because AMC gave me a free large popcorn and soda.It is surpringly entertaining, with a good blend of comedy and horror.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Posts: 40381
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

9/22/2026  7:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure how I feel about Lanterns, but that opening scene is pretty f'd up.

I like it a lot. The last scene was bonkers though.

I'm easing into it. Both episodes had bonkers endings. The show had a lot of interesting directions it could go.


I am convinced that Lanterns 2 needs to be centered around Guy Gardner. Watching him and Hal chew up each scene has been a blast.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
9/22/2026  8:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure how I feel about Lanterns, but that opening scene is pretty f'd up.

I like it a lot. The last scene was bonkers though.

I'm easing into it. Both episodes had bonkers endings. The show had a lot of interesting directions it could go.


I am convinced that Lanterns 2 needs to be centered around Guy Gardner. Watching him and Hal chew up each scene has been a blast.

I think the next two episodes are gonna be some of the best writing in the DC universe so far!

Or, a monumental disappointment!

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
9/22/2026  9:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ToddTT wrote:Resident Evil was a good time. I laughed, I jumped, I said WTF a few times.

See it in theaters. AMC is half price Tuesdays and Wednesday for you cheap f***s!


Saw it last week because AMC gave me a free large popcorn and soda.It is surpringly entertaining, with a good blend of comedy and horror.

Holy ****, that’s like a $50 value!

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
Alpha1971
Posts: 23884
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 1/17/2022
Member: #9006

9/25/2026  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2026  5:32 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:How many of you guys mountain bike, gravel bike road bike or just casually bike around town, or commute to work. I started commuting to work for exercise about 8-10 miles daily in April. I'm 55 and I'm a guy who from 13-40 rode a bike everywhere. I used to mountain bike and road bike in NYC, but I don't feel capable of doing that now. I had a 20 year old Specialized Hard Tail and just got a Canandale Quick 6 for daily commuting. Yet, I think I want to get a dedicated gravel bike and commit to intensive weekend rides. Any of you guys into cycling ?

I have a mountain bike that I haven’t used in 20 years. In the age of Amazon and DoorDash and cell phones I would fear for my life if I ever busted it out and took it for a ride.

I nearly get hit by a car on a weekly basis just walking my dogs.

As far as my stationary bike, I have no excuse for not getting on that.

Have you had any near-death experiences on the road?

No near death experiences that I recall. I lost about 20lbs riding from May- 26 until September 26 and my A1C dropped to 5.6 as well. Last week I had surgery on my L5/S1 to finally treat bilateral sciatica and I am recovering. Surgery went without a hitch and hopefully I'll be much better in a month or so. Guys, ride your bikes instead of sitting at home for half hour a day. It also does wonders for stress and anxiety. Half an hour is about 5 miles at 10mph, go get started.

ToddTT
Posts: 32095
Alba Posts: 53
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
9/25/2026  7:07 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:How many of you guys mountain bike, gravel bike road bike or just casually bike around town, or commute to work. I started commuting to work for exercise about 8-10 miles daily in April. I'm 55 and I'm a guy who from 13-40 rode a bike everywhere. I used to mountain bike and road bike in NYC, but I don't feel capable of doing that now. I had a 20 year old Specialized Hard Tail and just got a Canandale Quick 6 for daily commuting. Yet, I think I want to get a dedicated gravel bike and commit to intensive weekend rides. Any of you guys into cycling ?

I have a mountain bike that I haven’t used in 20 years. In the age of Amazon and DoorDash and cell phones I would fear for my life if I ever busted it out and took it for a ride.

I nearly get hit by a car on a weekly basis just walking my dogs.

As far as my stationary bike, I have no excuse for not getting on that.

Have you had any near-death experiences on the road?

No near death experiences that I recall. I lost about 20lbs riding from May- 26 until September 26 and my A1C dropped to 5.6 as well. Last week I had surgery on my L5/S1 to finally treat bilateral sciatica and I am recovering. Surgery went without a hitch and hopefully I'll be much better in a month or so. Guys, ride your bikes instead of sitting at home for half hour a day. It also does wonders for stress and anxiety. Half an hour is about 5 miles at 10mph, go get started.

Holy ****, Alpha! Good job! And speedy recovery! Sciatica is some wicked bull****. The human body is a friggin' disaster waiting to happen.

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
Alpha1971
Posts: 23884
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 1/17/2022
Member: #9006

9/25/2026  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2026  8:31 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:How many of you guys mountain bike, gravel bike road bike or just casually bike around town, or commute to work. I started commuting to work for exercise about 8-10 miles daily in April. I'm 55 and I'm a guy who from 13-40 rode a bike everywhere. I used to mountain bike and road bike in NYC, but I don't feel capable of doing that now. I had a 20 year old Specialized Hard Tail and just got a Canandale Quick 6 for daily commuting. Yet, I think I want to get a dedicated gravel bike and commit to intensive weekend rides. Any of you guys into cycling ?

I have a mountain bike that I haven’t used in 20 years. In the age of Amazon and DoorDash and cell phones I would fear for my life if I ever busted it out and took it for a ride.

I nearly get hit by a car on a weekly basis just walking my dogs.

As far as my stationary bike, I have no excuse for not getting on that.

Have you had any near-death experiences on the road?

No near death experiences that I recall. I lost about 20lbs riding from May- 26 until September 26 and my A1C dropped to 5.6 as well. Last week I had surgery on my L5/S1 to finally treat bilateral sciatica and I am recovering. Surgery went without a hitch and hopefully I'll be much better in a month or so. Guys, ride your bikes instead of sitting at home for half hour a day. It also does wonders for stress and anxiety. Half an hour is about 5 miles at 10mph, go get started.

Holy ****, Alpha! Good job! And speedy recovery! Sciatica is some wicked bull****. The human body is a friggin' disaster waiting to happen.

I'll be ready for opening night. Two years ago I was 255 and now I'm 205. Hopefully, I'll be pain free and able to bike some more. I stick to bike paths as much as possible. In the last six months I purchased two bikes. First, an inexpensive hybrid for 5 mile rides like 8xs a week. And a entry level road bike for a longer weekend ride of about 2hrs. I'm 55 and when I'm on a bike I feel 25 again. Its my hobby. I don't use clip in peddles or lycra for now, anyway. I also want to take a Salsa and Bachata dance classes with my wife who is a dancer who accepted being with me a non dancer. I also have Parkinson's and cycling and dancing improve motor skills, balance, and raises mood. Time for us to be as athletic as we can be and in this way share in the lives of our beloved basketball players in a small way.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 40381
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

9/25/2026  9:13 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:How many of you guys mountain bike, gravel bike road bike or just casually bike around town, or commute to work. I started commuting to work for exercise about 8-10 miles daily in April. I'm 55 and I'm a guy who from 13-40 rode a bike everywhere. I used to mountain bike and road bike in NYC, but I don't feel capable of doing that now. I had a 20 year old Specialized Hard Tail and just got a Canandale Quick 6 for daily commuting. Yet, I think I want to get a dedicated gravel bike and commit to intensive weekend rides. Any of you guys into cycling ?

I have a mountain bike that I haven’t used in 20 years. In the age of Amazon and DoorDash and cell phones I would fear for my life if I ever busted it out and took it for a ride.

I nearly get hit by a car on a weekly basis just walking my dogs.

As far as my stationary bike, I have no excuse for not getting on that.

Have you had any near-death experiences on the road?

No near death experiences that I recall. I lost about 20lbs riding from May- 26 until September 26 and my A1C dropped to 5.6 as well. Last week I had surgery on my L5/S1 to finally treat bilateral sciatica and I am recovering. Surgery went without a hitch and hopefully I'll be much better in a month or so. Guys, ride your bikes instead of sitting at home for half hour a day. It also does wonders for stress and anxiety. Half an hour is about 5 miles at 10mph, go get started.

Holy ****, Alpha! Good job! And speedy recovery! Sciatica is some wicked bull****. The human body is a friggin' disaster waiting to happen.

I'll be ready for opening night. Two years ago I was 255 and now I'm 205. Hopefully, I'll be pain free and able to bike some more. I stick to bike paths as much as possible. In the last six months I purchased two bikes. First, an inexpensive hybrid for 5 mile rides like 8xs a week. And a entry level road bike for a longer weekend ride of about 2hrs. I'm 55 and when I'm on a bike I feel 25 again. Its my hobby. I don't use clip in peddles or lycra for now, anyway. I also want to take a Salsa and Bachata dance classes with my wife who is a dancer who accepted being with me a non dancer. I also have Parkinson's and cycling and dancing improve motor skills, balance, and raises mood. Time for us to be as athletic as we can be and in this way share in the lives of our beloved basketball players in a small way.


Man,I was dealing with Sciatica for maybe like a third of the year. Then the pain relocalized to my back and about a weak after that it disappeared. I noticed it was gone the same day I was having surgery to remove a cyst.😅I still kinda feel it at times, but the leg pain is no longer an issue.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2025 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy