[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/4/2023  9:14 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I'm half expecting a down year from Randle. But his ankle issues, and the absence of RJ, arent doing his game any favors. Hopefully when RJ comes back,Randle's game will settle down.

Its clear Randle's ankle isnt 100 percent. The best thing Randle can do as I said before is stay in his lane. And not take his frustrations out on his teammates this season, if things arent going his way.

If we were to do a trade before the first deadline it would probably have to be a fire sale. Not worth it at this point. We could trade for a backup who wont be good enough to match Randle's regular production, but good enough to start, If things go really south with Jules this season.

Please stop with the damn ankle injury - it has absolutely no bearing on his brick laying - nine/nada it’s just a bad excuse. If he’s hurt get him off the court and his poor little ankle is making him quit on D either.

Who made that claim about bricks? Just you. The ankle injury is limiting his mobility, and his productivity. You can clearly see the difference from when he is healthy

I just don’t agree I see him doing everything normal - including bricking/quitting but I respect your view of things — my apologies if coming across harshly but Randle infuriates me.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2023  9:16 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Mitch again with this BS? He's the only guy always complaining on twitter...

Its his trainer and he's 100 pct on the money. Wasting one of the best lob threats in the league, who is busting his butt on both ends of the court.

Mitch spoke too soon last season. Going into Brunson's second season in NY, its on Brunson and Thibs.

whether its mitch or his camp, it's always him complaining on social media. He's matured alot since coming into the league but he's still very immature. no one else on the team does this. IHart doesn't complain. he knows his role.

and Mitch's role is very clear, he's not a scorer never has been never will. taking thinly veiled shots at Brunson, who carries this team and is the best PG we've had in forever is just... ridic. especially considering the success we have had since he got here.

"Always him complaining"? Thats hyperbole. You're conflating a scoring threat, with a lob threat. A scoring threat can create their own shot. A lob threat is only a threat if their teammates, especially the PG is looking to make the most of that talent. Brunson would rather take the shot himself.

Brunson is maybe the best scoring PG we've ever had, but he's too often a mediocre playmaker. If he wants to take his game to the next level as the starting PG. Thats where he should start.

he's complained on social media pretty every year about some type of limitation on his non-existent offense.

and yes Brunson would rather take the shot b/c he's damn good at it and SHOULD take it.

How many times in his career? If it was that bad, he would have been off the team by now. Its about getting all your teammates involved, rewarding your bigs for the hard work.

Its also about tactics. Making Mitch a lob threat again forces the D to pay more attention to him on offense. Saying Brunson should freeze Mitch out of the offense because JB can get buckets, is the same excuse ballhogs make around the world.

I used to get upset with Mitch twitter bitching but the kid is playing hard and doing what he does pretty damn well and he is obviously working on his body so go ahead and bitch a bit Mitch - your not the issue.

Now offensively Mitch sucks and that is the reality- I can’t even count how many balls that clanked off his hands or were knocked out of his hands and his FTs tell you all you need to know about Mitch’s offensive skill.

In terms of Brunson - he is in no way selfish and if he does miss Mitch it’s probably because he’s working so hard to find a shot because nobody else can get a bucket. Plus it’s obvious teams are contesting the paint - you can’t run pretty lob dunks when there are 3, 4, 5 bodies collapsed in the paint.

Every other PG. good and bad, before Brunson, was able to take advantage of Mitch as a lob threat to some degree. But we're to believe this time its entirely Mitch' s fault.

I agree 100 percent about his flaws. It never stopped past PGs from making use of Mitch's ability as a lob threat.

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

11/4/2023  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  9:19 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Mitch again with this BS? He's the only guy always complaining on twitter...

Its his trainer and he's 100 pct on the money. Wasting one of the best lob threats in the league, who is busting his butt on both ends of the court.

Mitch spoke too soon last season. Going into Brunson's second season in NY, its on Brunson and Thibs.

whether its mitch or his camp, it's always him complaining on social media. He's matured alot since coming into the league but he's still very immature. no one else on the team does this. IHart doesn't complain. he knows his role.

and Mitch's role is very clear, he's not a scorer never has been never will. taking thinly veiled shots at Brunson, who carries this team and is the best PG we've had in forever is just... ridic. especially considering the success we have had since he got here.

"Always him complaining"? Thats hyperbole. You're conflating a scoring threat, with a lob threat. A scoring threat can create their own shot. A lob threat is only a threat if their teammates, especially the PG is looking to make the most of that talent. Brunson would rather take the shot himself.

Brunson is maybe the best scoring PG we've ever had, but he's too often a mediocre playmaker. If he wants to take his game to the next level as the starting PG. Thats where he should start.

he's complained on social media pretty every year about some type of limitation on his non-existent offense.

and yes Brunson would rather take the shot b/c he's damn good at it and SHOULD take it.

How many times in his career? If it was that bad, he would have been off the team by now. Its about getting all your teammates involved, rewarding your bigs for the hard work.

Its also about tactics. Making Mitch a lob threat again forces the D to pay more attention to him on offense. Saying Brunson should freeze Mitch out of the offense because JB can get buckets, is the same excuse ballhogs make around the world.

I used to get upset with Mitch twitter bitching but the kid is playing hard and doing what he does pretty damn well and he is obviously working on his body so go ahead and bitch a bit Mitch - your not the issue.

Now offensively Mitch sucks and that is the reality- I can’t even count how many balls that clanked off his hands or were knocked out of his hands and his FTs tell you all you need to know about Mitch’s offensive skill.

In terms of Brunson - he is in no way selfish and if he does miss Mitch it’s probably because he’s working so hard to find a shot because nobody else can get a bucket. Plus it’s obvious teams are contesting the paint - you can’t run pretty lob dunks when there are 3, 4, 5 bodies collapsed in the paint.

agreed on all points.

Mitch is great as his role, he needs to just embrace it. I have read the knicks know Mitch is just a bit emotional so they dont make too much of the SM complaints.

And yes Brunson works hard in the paint, and the reality is lobs to Mitch often result in defenders just fouling him and then we're lucky to even get 1 point.

But I think IQ and RJ's games are more tailored toward Mitch lobs, he'll get his. He's getting the same amount of shot attempts this year, but he's only shooting 41%, that will obviously go up alot.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  9:26 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I'm half expecting a down year from Randle. But his ankle issues, and the absence of RJ, arent doing his game any favors. Hopefully when RJ comes back,Randle's game will settle down.

Its clear Randle's ankle isnt 100 percent. The best thing Randle can do as I said before is stay in his lane. And not take his frustrations out on his teammates this season, if things arent going his way.

If we were to do a trade before the first deadline it would probably have to be a fire sale. Not worth it at this point. We could trade for a backup who wont be good enough to match Randle's regular production, but good enough to start, If things go really south with Jules this season.

Please stop with the damn ankle injury - it has absolutely no bearing on his brick laying - nine/nada it’s just a bad excuse. If he’s hurt get him off the court and his poor little ankle is making him quit on D either.

Who made that claim about bricks? Just you. The ankle injury is limiting his mobility, and his productivity. You can clearly see the difference from when he is healthy

I just don’t agree I see him doing everything normal - including bricking/quitting but I respect your view of things — my apologies if coming across harshly but Randle infuriates me.

We're good.

I can see it in his mobility. He has no burst. He cant do sharp cuts like he used to, a lot easier for defenders to keep up with him, when he used to consistently blow by dudes.

Im not excusing the poor decision making, and the other things that are contributing to the poor performances. But I believe its unfair to not mention that part of the problem is his recovering from ankle surgery. Ankle injuries are no joke, especially after 10 years in the league, and a lot of miles.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/4/2023  10:17 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:This team might need to make a trade sooner rather than later.

Those have been my exact words all preseason to the present. Team is structurally flawed. Look what having just one player out in the front court has caused, RJ. No depth at forward been saying this all preseason.

You think having no backup 4 is our biggest problem right now? What does that have tot do with RJ?

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  10:28 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:This team might need to make a trade sooner rather than later.

Those have been my exact words all preseason to the present. Team is structurally flawed. Look what having just one player out in the front court has caused, RJ. No depth at forward been saying this all preseason.

You think having no backup 4 is our biggest problem right now? What does that have tot do with RJ?

We needed a back up at the forward, preferably a combo forward. Look RJ is out and we are screwed especially with Randal sucking. Depth is about being able to overcome foul trouble, struggling of the starters, injury, back to back games, match up problems, and to have players to include in deals or to move up when others are traded. I've been saying this all preseason. People I guess like you like to keep saying " It's only 14 minutes a night ". One person says it and others keep repeating it... Mindlessly. Whatever bro. At some point Jonathan Macri or Steph Bondi or someone you trust will say what I've been saying and you will finally accept it. We always needed to have someone off the bench to at least play back up 4. So at the very least so Hart could play the back up t
3. Look at the team without RJ. Hart has to play big minutes at the 3 and 4 and when he is not on the floor the team is really flawed. Just 14 minutes a game people like to mindlessly repeat.... Yeah yeah yeah...yada yada yada. Knicks are going to be in a real hole record wise pretty soon if you ask me

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/4/2023  11:48 AM
Unsurprisingly the negative winds are beginning to blow strongly - six games into the season. I'm not happy with the 2 - 4 record either but thinking maybe I'll see how it plays out? About a year ago people were suggesting attaching multiple #1's to Randle for Russell Westbrook or John Wall. Then the dump RJ train pulled out of the station. Oh, and fire Thibs. Then Randle was an all star and we made it to the second round and RJ was on the ascent until this latest (troubling) "knee soreness" (f@%k FIBA). Not good enough for some I know but others enjoyed it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and state of mind. Just suggesting perhaps we take a breath if not our meds and see what happens. Ridiculous notion I know.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  12:09 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Unsurprisingly the negative winds are beginning to blow strongly - six games into the season. I'm not happy with the 2 - 4 record either but thinking maybe I'll see how it plays out? About a year ago people were suggesting attaching multiple #1's to Randle for Russell Westbrook or John Wall. Then the dump RJ train pulled out of the station. Oh, and fire Thibs. Then Randle was an all star and we made it to the second round and RJ was on the ascent until this latest (troubling) "knee soreness" (f@%k FIBA). Not good enough for some I know but others enjoyed it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and state of mind. Just suggesting perhaps we take a breath if not our meds and see what happens. Ridiculous notion I know.

Me I'm not advocating any over reaction. Randall had surgery during the off-season and even Julius at his best is often infuriating. No, simply saying team always should have been prepared with at least a back up at the 4 for when a vast number of scenarios occur. A great team doesn't go into a w aeon with a " we have our nine man rotation, we are all good "mindset. It's madness to think Sims and Deuce was all we need and that Julius and RJ and Hart is all we need at the forward spots. We had to really save all our first and second rounders in reserve for a star in a future trade ? That was the rationale mainly right to justify not acquiring a forward ? Couldn't sign a vet min guy cause they wouldn't play anyway ? We have a roster with how many guards on it including Windler and others who will never play. Been saying this all off season but been told by others all off season, " Only 14 minutes a game of time your talking about ". This is all on the front office... Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have written a song about this roster construction being flawed

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/4/2023  12:12 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Unsurprisingly the negative winds are beginning to blow strongly - six games into the season. I'm not happy with the 2 - 4 record either but thinking maybe I'll see how it plays out? About a year ago people were suggesting attaching multiple #1's to Randle for Russell Westbrook or John Wall. Then the dump RJ train pulled out of the station. Oh, and fire Thibs. Then Randle was an all star and we made it to the second round and RJ was on the ascent until this latest (troubling) "knee soreness" (f@%k FIBA). Not good enough for some I know but others enjoyed it.

100%

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2023  12:13 PM
"I'd say Julius Randle played like s#@t, but it would be a disrespect to feces "
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971

11/4/2023  12:19 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

100%

My friend I have been saying the roster construction would become evident prior to the season starting. We have had a conversation about it a few times. Team will win it's fair share of games. I said 46. But we are not a better team after the off-season and pitifully so. I said I will table that chat with you until mid season. It's a shame cause the team really fights hard outperforms with effort of its players but they are under manned and it was so avoidable. Front office banked in it's 9 men not seeing any injuries, foul trouble, match up problems, or poor performances. Who does that ? Let's revisit after 21 games.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2023  12:27 PM
Typical of us to do the blame game, the trade thing without consideration for actual remifications, and the “I fear things, and because we are losing im right, I told you so, and I know better than Leon”

Misery loves company, and some of you are miserable!

Have had it. What ever gets you thru the games. Or not.

Randle, he has to play thru this and get to the other side of finding his conditioning, rhythm, and timing.
This is why he is being allowed to **** with your heads. Im not saying its 100% gonna work, but this is what they are doing.
Trades create other issues. Ones you can’t see yet. So they don’t exist.
WE all have our own fandom manners about us. Try to enjoy the season. Its a long one.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2023  12:30 PM
Wasn't aware that Julius is opening for the Straight Shot.
Reddit:
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Member: #743
11/4/2023  12:47 PM

Why is he getting so many touches if he is so bad to start the season. This is sinking the team. This is before we take into account poor effort and his poor defense.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  12:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  12:49 PM
Nalod wrote:Typical of us to do the blame game, the trade thing without consideration for actual remifications, and the “I fear things, and because we are losing im right, I told you so, and I know better than Leon”

Randle, he has to play thru this and get to the other side of finding his conditioning, rhythm, and timing.
This is why he is being allowed to **** with your heads. Im not saying its 100% gonna work, but this is what they are doing.
WE all have our own fandom manners about us. Try to enjoy the season. Its a long one.

😂😂😂😂😂 So if a poster has an opinion different then yours about how the team was composed they are miserable ??? Only the fans who agreed with you support of the Front offices vision get to state their opinions with our you trying to shame them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 It doesn't work like that. I pay my fees for Knicks games and invest my time in their success as much as everyone else who disagrees with me. Team better do something sooner then later to fix this. How many guards we have and we are good with that roster imbalance, cause why ????

Clean
Member: #743
11/4/2023  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  12:55 PM
If Brunson can get in the paint to do what he does on a regular basis he can do it to throw a lob. Even if you must give up a postup from Randle to get a postup for Mitch you do it. You must keep the big happy. I am sorry to tell you guys the defense from the entire starting lineup is held together by Mitch and to a lesser extend Grimes. If he starts moping like Randle we are going to miss the playoffs. Randle can sacrifice some of his touches during one of the worst starts in NBA history. Mitch might end up being a better post player than Randle these days. He certainly would have to work extremely hard to be worse than Randle is right now.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/4/2023  12:56 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Typical of us to do the blame game, the trade thing without consideration for actual remifications, and the “I fear things, and because we are losing im right, I told you so, and I know better than Leon”

😂😂😂😂😂 So if a poster has an opinion different then yours about how the team was composed they are miserable ??? Only the fans who agreed with you support of the Front offices vision get to state their opinions with our you trying to shame them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 It doesn't work like that. I pay my fees for Knicks games and invest my time in their success as much as everyone else who disagrees with me. Team better do something sooner then later to fix this. How many guards we have and we are good with that roster imbalance, cause why ????

Should the only opinions be negative ones? Should opinions not be called out, negative or positive? Especially if they are perhaps...ummmm...ill informed or irrational? I do not mean to aim this at you but I've seen this argument elsewhere - that challenging the negativity is somehow an infringement of freedom of speech.

It goes both ways.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  1:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  1:28 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Should the only opinions be negative ones? Should opinions not be called out, negative or positive? Especially if they are perhaps...ummmm...ill informed or irrational? I do not mean to aim this at you but I've seen this argument elsewhere - that challenging the negativity is somehow an infringement of freedom of speech.

It goes both ways.

Hmmm my criticism is to the front office not other posters. However other posters have taken my criticism of the front office as a criticism of themselves apparently. During the preseason myself and a few others questioned the absence of a back up other then Hart for Randall among other things. To that end other posters responded about how misinformed that type of opinion is. Now, the evidence is beginning to take shape. Also, no one is making this a freedom of speech issue, 👍👍👍😭 nice try. My statements have been consistent and no effort to shame a person's opinions on this board will be accepted by me as legitimate. I'll ignore it as I recognize it for what it is. Some fans accepted what the front office did without scrutiny and put their hopes in them and angry at another poster for saying the team is not as well constructed as they had hoped. Be mad at the front office. You can fan your way and I'll fan mine. If I turn out to be wrong you will be happy to let me know and I'll take it. If I am right I will just say you was wrong and you take it. That's it. Only good opinions are accepted for some of you. You get your feelings hurt because someone disagrees with you about the front offices decisions, why ????. 😀😀😀😀🤣. It's as simple as that.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  2:13 PM
The biggest positive from this game IMO was Brunson looking for Grimes. Big deal if it sticks.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/4/2023  2:56 PM
Bottom-line, this team is not talented enough to not have RJ out there scoring 18-22 points per game. We have missed him, and Randle's poor start and developing poor attitude is being to wear on me.
Trust the Process
[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy