[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 04/04 Running the 7 game gauntlet: Game 2- Whipper snapper Wizards Vs the 'Billings Minimum' Knicks 7.30pm
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/4/2014  10:33 PM
TeamBall wrote:I really want to know if it's woodsons bad coaching or is melo breaking the plays and taking it upon himself?

If you believe Woodson is his press conference than Melo broke that play, which was supposed to be a two man game between him and Stat.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/4/2014  10:35 PM
$30mil per. That is all.
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

4/4/2014  10:35 PM
VDesai wrote:
TeamBall wrote:I really want to know if it's woodsons bad coaching or is melo breaking the plays and taking it upon himself?

If you believe Woodson is his press conference than Melo broke that play, which was supposed to be a two man game between him and Stat.

Thanks man. I was watching a steam which cut off after the final buzzer.

If that's been the case more often than not, then melo can walk

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

4/4/2014  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2014  10:39 PM
What's up with Jr getting all the interviews /

I wanna hear Pablo or Stat ....or tonight Melo

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/4/2014  10:49 PM
VDesai wrote:

You can't really say he broke the play because it was a pnr with STAT and Melo he just lost the ball before he could make a play. It wasn't like he was in his shot motion and was about to take a force shot he simply lost the ball at the worst possible time. It's the same action that got Felton the open look.

Melo had the worst game in his career turnover wise and I wouldn't have went to him down by one. Down by 1 the team should always go with the three man weave, with Felton, Chandler and Melo. If Chandler is out use Amar'e and if you don't trust Felton use JR Smith. The defense is more than likely will collapse on Melo as he sets the screen for the guard which would leave the guard with space going down hill attack the paint making the Center leave STAt/AMar'e free or give the guard an layup. If the strong side wing over helps it leaves Hardaway open in the corner.

Melo messed up the game with bad ball handling and over passing. You have to hold on to the ball or just set a screen for Felton to free him up.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/4/2014  10:50 PM
TeamBall wrote:
VDesai wrote:

The design of the play was horrid from the beginning. If they intended to get STAT involved the play didn't have the look of multiple options from what I saw. Plus if Melo does break plays and has been all year, that is again on the coach!!! WTF is he there for if he can't get his players to buy into executing the plays properly? Knicks far too often stumble into their sets and are completely telegraphing what they're doing. Teams aren't even fooled a little bit by Woodson's plays, so I really doubt that he had a great play drawn up and it was just Melo breaking the play. I'll be glad when he's gone.
TeamBall

4/4/2014  10:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
VDesai wrote:

The design of the play was horrid from the beginning. If they intended to get STAT involved the play didn't have the look of multiple options from what I saw. Plus if Melo does break plays and has been all year, that is again on the coach!!! WTF is he there for if he can't get his players to buy into executing the plays properly? Knicks far too often stumble into their sets and are completely telegraphing what they're doing. Teams aren't even fooled a little bit by Woodson's plays, so I really doubt that he had a great play drawn up and it was just Melo breaking the play. I'll be glad when he's gone.

I'm sure teams usually salivate when they're in a close game against us. Playing defense doesn't get any easier than when you know what the other team is going to do. To make matters worse, melo usually runs the clock out so when he misses it's pretty much over.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Dagger
Member: #4184

4/4/2014  10:59 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Dagger wrote:Melo is dumb. Dumb player. Go somewhere else in the offseason. He will never learn. That is all.

This is why TKF and dk are not banned for those wondering

Okay, but I don't only say negative things about him. He's been carrying the team most of the season. But he does not play smart basketball.

TeamBall

4/4/2014  11:01 PM
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Dagger wrote:Melo is dumb. Dumb player. Go somewhere else in the offseason. He will never learn. That is all.

This is why TKF and dk are not banned for those wondering

Okay, but I don't only say negative things about him. He's been carrying the team most of the season. But he does not play smart basketball.

If anything this actually disproves their belief that this board is full of melo worshipers and apologists
Knicks22
Member: #5689

4/4/2014  11:05 PM
you're right, and that's the sad, frustrating thing about him. He's uniquely gifted as a scorer, has given more effort every night this season than anyone else, but, for whatever reason, is unwilling or unable to play team basketball. For too long, his one on five mindset has been enabled or tolerated.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/4/2014  11:09 PM
Woodson is the Raymond Felton of Coaches. He can do some things, but Felton is not a good PG!!! Woodson is the same. He has his strong points but he's not a good coach.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/4/2014  11:38 PM
Messed up my weeekend
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

4/5/2014  12:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2014  12:53 AM
Not gonna lie, was primarily focused on Tanaka pitching for the Yanks tonight but managed to catch some of the game, including the entire ending. Jesus, what a BRUTAL loss. Melo may have had his worst game as a Knick when we needed him most as far as this year goes. The entire ending was an absolute joke -- Nixluva said it perfectly several posts back -- we just have no idea what we're doing, stumbling into our sets getting Melo the ball out high and telling him to go to work. I mean that's it? That's the plan in crunch time? It's either that or give it to JR and let him freelance. So horrible. Didn't even have Chandler on the floor in the end, our $15mm center. I mean what does that say?? Melo's a great player but even still, we've gotta be the easiest damn team to guard in the entire league. I don't care if we make a move for a bunch of bargain-bin guys for next year -- there needs to be a complete change in philosophy. So sick of all this give it to Melo and get outta the way stuff. We need to have a team that has more options than that next year. JR was solid but man, did he take some bad shots down the stretch or what? Holy ****..
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/5/2014  4:45 AM
VDesai wrote:The Knicks are really 2 games back (because they don't hold the tiebreaker) with just 5 games for them to play. I'm not saying its over, but the math is saying its over....

The only remote sliver of hope is that we've played 2 more games than the hawks, so the games behind thing is a bit misleading (we're tied for wins I think)- technically if they lose those two we're dead even, and only have to win one more than them the rest of the way. Hey, I did say it was a remote sliver!

The problem is if we come out against Miami still devastated about this loss, then we'll have a repeat of the Lakers game...

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/5/2014  4:49 AM
blkexec wrote:Messed up my weeekend

Yup, I'm in a foul mood now. I don't have a problem being injured, but I am mad that:

a) Woody plays a struggling,injured Melo 38mins AND decides that for the final play he'll put the ball in the hands of the guy with one arm and 8 TOs to run the pick and roll.

b) One-armed, 8 TO's Struggling Melo decides he'll snatch the ball from the PG well out of range and just charge at the basket past 3 defenders- just idiotic.

grrrrrr....

yellowboy90

4/5/2014  7:34 AM
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1F2802FEFF1064021764562186240_2923e42b152.0.0.17278141377786296316.mp4?versionId=qj8Tuz1DfeMv4vYn.sgyjh3f3jQvexOu

Priggy Small is the illest but what is he doing?

gunsnewing
USA
4/5/2014  7:39 AM
What the heck lol
yellowboy90

4/5/2014  7:57 AM
gunsnewing wrote:What the heck lol

DId you click the link? That took some of the bad taste of last night away. I can't stop laughing.

gunsnewing
USA
4/5/2014  8:06 AM
Yep what the heck was he doing? LOL
yellowboy90

4/5/2014  8:46 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Yep what the heck was he doing? LOL

I don't know. All I could think is this.

Game Thread: 04/04 Running the 7 game gauntlet: Game 2- Whipper snapper Wizards Vs the 'Billings Minimum' Knicks 7.30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy