[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/8/2024  1:24 PM
gradyandrew wrote:One thing I will say about Leon, he knows how to make everyone happy. RJ got a really nice contract and gets to be a hometown hero, Obi got a starting gig and a long runway to show off before hitting free agency, IQ and Grimes go to perfect situations where they can sign big, new contracts. Knicks have cashed in all there developmental chips over the last month and have landed really solid veteran contributors for a deep playoff run.

The other side is the immediate help these guys can provide just in terms of soaking up?minutes until our entire starting front court returns. Let's hope they are already on a plane.

Fair point on the helping the players. I think it will help with recruitment. Everyone knows its a business, but if the team is putting players in position to do well when they are traded, there should be less fear of coming here.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/8/2024  1:24 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Gonna miss Grimes, but I think this solidifies the rotation.

Very utilitarian move. This does the right thing in terms of salary cap management using the Fournier contract. Adds serviceable salary.

Oddly adds salary AND creates a trade exception from Flynn?

Gives us a bit of backup while guys get healthy. Honestly, I am a little scared of what this trade means vis a vis our injury report - specifically Randle. Not the swing for the fence add of talent for picks I was kind of expecting. More adding of role players that fill very utilitarian needs in a manner that continues to spread the floor to give Brunson room to work.

Without guessing as to minutes or injuries, this is what we look like. That's a lot of flexibility by position and, if healthy, pretty solid depth through 11. Bigs can be more aggresive,if needed.

Brunson / McBride
DDV / Hart
OG / Burks
Randle / Bogs
Robinson / Hart / Achiuwa / Taj

Not saying there is another move coming, but if there is, its flipping picks and Bogs for something else as part of a "larger deal" - like Clarkson and Olynyk.

My guess is, we are going to see how Brunson and Randle with a top defense and shooters can far against the top teams in the playoffs. If an upgrade is still required, it most likely will come from trading Randle in a blockbuster before his deal is up.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/8/2024  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  2:55 PM
martin wrote:
firefly wrote:I'm delighted but would have loved a big body coming over as well

Yeah yeah you like them thick, just like the rest of us

I’m learning a lot about you Martin. I guess I never payload attention to your dry humor. It’s hidden yet in plain site at the same time. Nice 👍

“Love a Big Body” 🤣

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
2/8/2024  1:48 PM
JesseDark wrote:Who would have thought McBride would be last man standing of our youth?

Me
Dude was scouted and hand picked by Thigs since his last year in college. Once they gave him a cheap 4 yr deal, he was cemented into the rotation. Glad this trade doesn’t directly block him and his development.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  1:48 PM
Pistons have waived Killian Hayes.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/8/2024  1:49 PM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Gonna miss Grimes, but I think this solidifies the rotation.

Very utilitarian move. This does the right thing in terms of salary cap management using the Fournier contract. Adds serviceable salary.

Oddly adds salary AND creates a trade exception from Flynn?

Gives us a bit of backup while guys get healthy. Honestly, I am a little scared of what this trade means vis a vis our injury report - specifically Randle. Not the swing for the fence add of talent for picks I was kind of expecting. More adding of role players that fill very utilitarian needs in a manner that continues to spread the floor to give Brunson room to work.

Without guessing as to minutes or injuries, this is what we look like. That's a lot of flexibility by position and, if healthy, pretty solid depth through 11. Bigs can be more aggresive,if needed.

Brunson / McBride
DDV / Hart
OG / Burks
Randle / Bogs
Robinson / Hart / Achiuwa / Taj

Not saying there is another move coming, but if there is, its flipping picks and Bogs for something else as part of a "larger deal" - like Clarkson and Olynyk.

My guess is, we are going to see how Brunson and Randle with a top defense and shooters can far against the top teams in the playoffs. If an upgrade is still required, it most likely will come from trading Randle in a blockbuster before his deal is up.

The brillance of Leon Rose is that we dont even need to trade Randle in an upgrade because we have a treasure trove of 1st picks with the contracts to match

blkexec
2/8/2024  1:49 PM
Clean wrote:
I love our front office.

Ditto 😍

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2024  1:51 PM
This trade is great because of how it fills our needs perfectly. Yes, we are all in now, the youth movement has been cashed in. Losing Grimes sure did hurt, but we are past the point of being able to pay him next year. It becomes a money game and a vet min every year. We look good on paper. I expect a deep playoff run.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/8/2024  1:53 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m learning a lot about you Martin. I guess I never payload attention to your dry humor. It’s hidden yet in plain site at the same time. Nice 👍

“Love a Big Body” 🤣

Dear Sigmung,

Did he say "payload"?????

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  1:55 PM
great depth may be the new big 3!

opponents need to guard everyone for the full 48. Yeah baby

(5)(5)
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/8/2024  1:59 PM
I would have much preferred Brogdan. I don't think this moves the needle that much. Burks will help some with the much needed scoring and a secondary ball handler off the bench. I'm not sure where Bogdanovic will fit. He's not exactly a Thibs type.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2024  2:03 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I would have much preferred Brogdan. I don't think this moves the needle that much. Burks will help some with the much needed scoring and a secondary ball handler off the bench. I'm not sure where Bogdanovic will fit. He's not exactly a Thibs type.

Burks will make Deuce better and in turn should help preserve Brunson. Deuce as the primary ball handler hasn’t been very good. Deuce as an occasional ball handler and a spot up shooter is much better. Deuce just can’t carry the load by himself. Add Bojan and the 2nd unit will be more functional for longer stretches allowing us to rest the starters more.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  2:06 PM
Rookie wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I would have much preferred Brogdan. I don't think this moves the needle that much. Burks will help some with the much needed scoring and a secondary ball handler off the bench. I'm not sure where Bogdanovic will fit. He's not exactly a Thibs type.

Burks will make Deuce better and in turn should help preserve Brunson. Deuce as the primary ball handler hasn’t been very good. Deuce as an occasional ball handler and a spot up shooter is much better. Deuce just can’t carry the load by himself. Add Bojan and the 2nd unit will be more functional for longer stretches allowing us to rest the starters more.

Both guys fill a need. Bogs is finally a legit scoring backup to Randle who is versatile to play with him as well. Burks fit is obvious - backup shot maker and shot creator and ball handler who can allow Deuce to play off ball and still allow Deuce to hound the opposing PGs on D.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2024  2:08 PM

How does this not move the needle? Teams will have to game plan for our bench now...

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
DLeethal

2/8/2024  2:19 PM
ramtour420 wrote:

How does this not move the needle? Teams will have to game plan for our bench now...

Our bench went from our achilles heel to maybe best in the league.

Deuce - Burks - Hart - Bogs - Precious/Mitch could hang with half the NBA teams.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2024  2:24 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

“Love a Big Body” 🤣

Read the transcripts. martin loves Sarah Shahi and Eliza Dushku and The Alba. Not exactly thicc

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2024  2:34 PM
Maybe not super bad?

Besides Taj, Burks Bojan only 2 guys over 30.

ESOMKnicks wrote:Why am I less than excited?

I thought that our youth could fetch back all star talent like Donovan Mitchell or DJ Murray. Instead, we traded four of our last first round picks for what?
Out:
RJ - 23
IQ - 24
QG - 23
Obi - 25

In:
OG - 26
Alec Burks - 32
Bojan - 34
Precious - 24

Plus we net lose one 2nd round pick. And have converted the asset of Evan's big expiring.

Classic young for old.
I'm sorry, but this is not the improvement I was hoping for, nor does it get us to contention level.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/8/2024  2:36 PM
Leon is really good at his job

DLeethal wrote:
martin
USA
2/8/2024  2:39 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Is it wrong I'm more upset about tearing Ryan away from the Nova group than I am to losing Grimes?

When this trade went down, I was thinking... Knicks FO could have traded away any of those min GLeague guys, why Archie? I was upset

martin
USA
2/8/2024  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  2:43 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

“Love a Big Body” 🤣

I'm on fire all the time lol but some of my stuff is so sideways I have a hard time keeping up with the references hahaaha

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy