Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

1/29/2016  8:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
dk7th wrote:where has this melo been all these years???

He was never asked to be that player....this what Phil does to players; he forces them to reach a different level

Actually MDA tried real hard to get MELO to play like this but he wasn't mature enough to accept it.

MDA DOESN NOT HAVE RINGS

Yeah that's the reason I think Phil was able to get thru, but MDA was right! 😁

Phil got Jordan to change; who is Carmelo not to listen:::))))?

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/29/2016  8:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2016  8:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Sasha is showing why I want a more sniper type 2 who looks to pass. Afflalo is pure gunner. Good for the bench. For a starter we need a guy that needs to move the ball unlike Afflalo who is purely looking to shoot 99% of the time.

This team is a good 2-way shooting guard away from being a lock for the playoffs. We have enough at PG with Galloway, Grant and Calderon. We need help at SG.

Respectfully disagree. Still not confident that Gallo or Grant can be a good starter right now at pg and jose definitely isn't. We need to upgrade that position first unless Gallo can keep up jos solid play (he's still not a traditional pg with blazing speed tho)

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2016  8:46 PM
Kemet wrote:Oh WOW! Melo is finally in a lineup with Quinn this season .. it makes me think Quinn was in Melo's dog-house like Amare n K-Mart

Huh?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/29/2016  8:48 PM
Melo not taking the last shot show Melo is actually changing into a team player
Melo finishes the first half with 13 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists.
I feel bad .. I booed the Melo trade, I booed the Melo resigning, and I booed KP6 on draft night
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

Gallo has triple nicks at half time. It would be cool if he got a triple double. It would be cooler if he and Melo notched a triple D.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

MDA wanted Melo to shoot quick three pointers and installed many bad habits in Melo as well. Too much taking defensive possessions off - looking to focus on pushing the ball ahead of grinding and playing defense.

Yes MDA wanted team ball and all good offenses have that element (team ball) and MDA's offene is a good offense. However overall he never focused on defense or how Melo could break down teams with passes in isolations. The Triangle allows players like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq and now Melo to isolate and then find the open man because you always should (in theory) know where the other 4 guys are.

MDA didn't even want the ball to go through Melo like we're seeing now. He wanted the point guard to run a high screen roll and break down the defense. It's a great offense for a point guard, not so much for a player like Melo. The smartest thing MDA did was use Melo as a 4, something we should be doing more of. Porzingis/Melo 5/4 lineups with 3 ballhandling wings like say Galloway, Grant and Afflalo would make opponents life miserable trying to defend.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/29/2016  8:54 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:MDA wanted Melo to shoot quick three pointers and installed many bad habits in Melo as well. Too much taking defensive possessions off - looking to focus on pushing the ball ahead of grinding and playing defense.

Yes MDA wanted team ball and all good offenses have that element (team ball) and MDA's offene is a good offense. However overall he never focused on defense or how Melo could break down teams with passes in isolations. The Triangle allows players like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq and now Melo to isolate and then find the open man because you always should (in theory) know where the other 4 guys are.

MDA didn't even want the ball to go through Melo like we're seeing now. He wanted the point guard to run a high screen roll and break down the defense. It's a great offense for a point guard, not so much for a player like Melo. The smartest thing MDA did was use Melo as a 4, something we should be doing more of. Porzingis/Melo 5/4 lineups with 3 ballhandling wings like say Galloway, Grant and Afflalo would make opponents life miserable trying to defend.

You're completely wrong in your assessment of MDA! FAIL. The year MELO acted up was when the team was defending better but the offense wasn't working. MELO is statistically one of the best PnR ball handlers in the game and he should've been great in that role under MDA if he bought in!

CrushAlot
USA
1/29/2016  8:56 PM
Thanasis is psyched to be on the squad.
Kemet

1/29/2016  8:57 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Kemet wrote:Gallo should've been the starter 20 something games ago

He was playing like crap 20 something days ago. You guys don't seem to understand that in the NBA players must prove themselves to deserve minutes to get minutes and if you watch the games you'll see that when they play well they get a chance to play in the next game.

He's aggressive when he's out there--the anti Jose. He attacks the rim. He looks for his shot. He pushes the pace. He defends his position. He gets steals. Jose does none of the above.

Ummmmmmmm thank you but i know all of that and for the past few gameday threads i've been saying he should start over Calderon. If you read my post that you commented on you would see that it says he was playing like crap 20 something game ago. You should read the post first.

NY4ever ...Gallo was on fire our first 14 games into the season, when Afflalo became healthy to play Gallo minutes went down plus Fisher were giving Gallo spot minute in n out of every different type of lineup he could put together.

ScoreBot
1/29/2016  8:58 PM
3Q - 11:42
NYK 60 PHX 40
SocraticBallin22

1/29/2016  8:59 PM
BTW...poor Tyson. Not! lol
Kemet

1/29/2016  9:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Kemet wrote:Oh WOW! Melo is finally in a lineup with Quinn this season .. it makes me think Quinn was in Melo's dog-house like Amare n K-Mart

Huh?

What are u another Denver fan who switch to the Knicks on the Melo trade ssh ssh

CrushAlot
USA
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:MDA wanted Melo to shoot quick three pointers and installed many bad habits in Melo as well. Too much taking defensive possessions off - looking to focus on pushing the ball ahead of grinding and playing defense.

You're completely wrong in your assessment of MDA! FAIL. The year MELO acted up was when the team was defending better but the offense wasn't working. MELO is statistically one of the best PnR ball handlers in the game and he should've been great in that role under MDA if he bought in!

Water under the bridge but Grunfeld showed his hand when he hired Woodson and gave Dantoni tony Douglas as his point guard. The Knicks had what should have been one of the best frontlines in the league and they were losing more than they were winning.
Knicks1969

Phil needs to help Aflalo to learn how to share the ball
SocraticBallin22

1/29/2016  9:01 PM
Goodwin! OMGoodness!!!!!! lmaooooooooooooooooo
ScoreBot
1/29/2016  9:02 PM
3Q - 8:33
NYK 65 PHX 47
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/29/2016  9:02 PM
Wow KP didn't even jump but that was still a big dunk.
SocraticBallin22

1/29/2016  9:03 PM
It's almost Thanasis Garbage time! Wooo hooo!
Knicks1969

Anthonyyyyy
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Kemet wrote:Gallo should've been the starter 20 something games ago

He was playing like crap 20 something days ago. You guys don't seem to understand that in the NBA players must prove themselves to deserve minutes to get minutes and if you watch the games you'll see that when they play well they get a chance to play in the next game.

He's aggressive when he's out there--the anti Jose. He attacks the rim. He looks for his shot. He pushes the pace. He defends his position. He gets steals. Jose does none of the above.

Ummmmmmmm thank you but i know all of that and for the past few gameday threads i've been saying he should start over Calderon. If you read my post that you commented on you would see that it says he was playing like crap 20 something game ago. You should read the post first.

NY4ever ...Gallo was on fire our first 14 games into the season, when Afflalo became healthy to play Gallo minutes went down plus Fisher were giving Gallo spot minute in n out of every different type of lineup he could put together.

Ok and what's your point cause all you're saying is things i already know???

Game Thread: Knicks vs Suns

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy