[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Dread.....Will the Mavericks weed-whack the Garden??
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/24/2014  10:04 PM
melo didn't even put a hand up
ES
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
LOL LOL LOL this is why I don't get excited!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

Melo thought he was playing zone at the cuse
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
ScoreBot
2/24/2014  10:05 PM
Final  
NYK 108 DAL 110
Clean
2/24/2014  10:05 PM
Bad defensive IQ by melo. Instead of making for a tougher shot he chooses to reach.
kip3f
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #762
2/24/2014  10:06 PM
Last two possessions
Can't say that I was surprised
Haiku-ing was fun
Clean
2/24/2014  10:06 PM
BTW do you think coach Pop would have let Melo ISO right there?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2014  10:09 PM
Really bad loss. Reading Yellowboys post regarding clips offer and I can't believe the Knicks let shump on the court. The reported deal, mullens, Barnes, collisions, 2 second round picks for shump, ray and beno. Someone needs to be fired, either mills or Woodson, for allowing shump on the court that night.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Clean
2/24/2014  10:10 PM
LOL Amare another -8 to his epic +/- stat numbers.
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2014  10:11 PM
With the details coming out about the blown shump deal with the clips, if you are the gm that blew it maybe you fire the coach now to take the heat off.
Uptown
Member: #1883

2/24/2014  10:14 PM
SMH...Not surprised that the guy who scores 44 and pulls down 9 rbs is being blamed for this lost on this board. Not sure what else you wanted him to do. Dirk took a fade away from the top of the key, it banged off the backboard (Did Dirk call it?) it the rim, bounced in the air and went in. Extremely tough shot...but it happens...
Clean
2/24/2014  10:15 PM
Uptown wrote:SMH...Not surprised that the guy who scores 44 and pulls down 9 rbs is being blamed for this lost on this board. Not sure what else you wanted him to do. Dirk took a fade away from the top of the key, it banged off the backboard (Did Dirk call it?) it the rim, bounced in the air and went in. Extremely tough shot...but it happens...

who blamed melo?

Uptown

2/24/2014  10:17 PM
Clean wrote:
Uptown wrote:SMH...Not surprised that the guy who scores 44 and pulls down 9 rbs is being blamed for this lost on this board. Not sure what else you wanted him to do. Dirk took a fade away from the top of the key, it banged off the backboard (Did Dirk call it?) it the rim, bounced in the air and went in. Extremely tough shot...but it happens...

who blamed melo?

You called him out for his bad defensive IQ on that last play. That's a tough spot because the last thing you want to do is foul on that shot....Dirk is a master at making the off balance one foot shot which is the hardest shot to guard next to the sky hook.

Clean
2/24/2014  10:21 PM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

You called him out for his bad defensive IQ on that last play. That's a tough spot because the last thing you want to do is foul on that shot....Dirk is a master at making the off balance one foot shot which is the hardest shot to guard next to the sky hook.

So pointing out a mistake is blaming him for the loss? I think you are putting words in my mouth. He could have played perfect defense and Dirk could have still hit the shot.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2014  10:24 PM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

I get calling him out on the last offensive possession but the D on Dirk was great. The shot was amazing. Also, isn't it funny that Dallas runs an iso for Dirk who has been cold all game but the ball bounces around and up to fall in. Only a few teams do not run Iso to end games.

CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2014  10:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

I get calling him out on the last offensive possession but the D on Dirk was great. The shot was amazing. Also, isn't it funny that Dallas runs an iso for Dirk who has been cold all game but the ball bounces around and up to fall in. Only a few teams do not run Iso to end games.

Yeah Wally said the d was perfect on that play.
WP76
Member: #4508

2/24/2014  10:27 PM
Snakebit. Knicks showed a lot of resiliency down the stretch. Good teams have good luck; bad teams can't catch a break. Guess which category we're in?
Clean
2/24/2014  10:27 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

The way I have been taught defense is that sometimes it is better to get your hands up to disrupt the shot rather than reaching. If you miss the reach like melo did you either foul him or give him an open shot. If you put your hand up you are guaranteed to at least make the shot tougher.

Clean
2/24/2014  10:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

Yeah Wally said the d was perfect on that play.

Carters D on Melo was perfect. Melo's D on Dirk was good but not perfect.

Uptown

2/24/2014  10:32 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

Yeah, the offense play before hand was a train wreck. Should have gave it up and got it back. You are 100% correct, most teams in the NBA run iso at the end of close games...

Game Dread.....Will the Mavericks weed-whack the Garden??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy