[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/20/2024  9:17 AM
jaydh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I am not worried about Embiid. We have the center stable to negate him. Maxey will be covered tough. I am more concerned with Oubre, Lowry and Hield. Those guys can be sneaky good against us

It's not Embiid you need to worry about, but rather all the whistles he will get for non-fouls.

Realistically the easiest way to juke the revenue stats before new broadcast contracts this summer is a Knicks run to the ECF.

AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/20/2024  10:07 AM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
Knicks winning and Jalen putting up gaudy numbers has earned a lot of respect.
I find some have issues with any women speaking up? Ok.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

nalod that was kind of an a-hole response suggesting the doris criticism has to do with her gender. Where does that come from?

I listened to her Bulls game where she was critical of the knicks not chewing up clock, even though they were in lead and doing what they did all game/season long. Taking quality open shots. I thought it was stupid

A more objective analysis (regardless of gender) would have been -- Knicks are doing what they've done all season (i.e., in which they beat essentially all expectations of us media types especially with all key injuries); I Doris Burke would have done things differently. I would have run down the clock where in the last few seconds it's a lot easier for the defense to focus eg on Jalen who will probably shoot it at that point and traded a lousier shot opportunity for the seconds killed

and we all know if the Knicks lost there would have been some "I told you so" commentary, but when the Knicks won there was no "Thibs is right again" commentary

She does that in all the games she calls. She is not my favorite because of this. They all do it to some extent. Clyde does it. But Clyde is Clyde and I get that. Sometimes my feed only allows for other teams broadcast and they are very complimentary of the knicks. They have reason to. They are also educating their viewship of the opponent.
She is not all together wrong. You and I watch more knick games than she does. I get it, you get it, and sometimes she is wrong.
They all are. Breen calls knick games all seasons but he is not the color commentator.
Richard Jeff was a knick hater. I don't get that vibe anymore. Knicks on a national game getting beaten badly and JVG would just berate them. It was often justified.
Twice Doris said "since Knicks passed Bucks, Should Jalen be 1st team over Giannis?". twice......If your a bucks fans your really turned off on such talk! Giannis is Former MVP and a Champion! "What has Jalen done".....

Look, your not wrong about her comment. But she does that **** all the time. Im not saying you, but a few guys here really don't like anything any women has said.

Via Wiki:

Burke began her broadcasting career in 1990 as an analyst for women's games for her alma mater on radio. That same year, Burke began working in the same role on Big East Women's games on television, and in 1996 she began working Big East men's games.[6]
Burke has been working for ESPN in various positions since 1991. She has been a part of ESPN's coverage of the WNBA.[6] For many years, Burke was the primary radio and television voice of the New York Liberty. In 2003, she was named to ESPN's men's college basketball coverage working with Dick Vitale and began working the sidelines for ESPN and ABC for their coverage of the NBA beginning with the 2003–04 NBA season.
In 2000, Burke became the first woman to be a commentator for a New York Knicks game on radio and on television; she is also the first woman to be a commentator for a Big East men's game, and the first woman to be the primary commentator on a men's college basketball conference package.[2] From 2009 to 2019, Burke served as a sideline reporter for the NBA Finals on ABC, and worked as an analyst in select regular season and playoff games until 2017.[12]

She played the game and succeeded in college. And she made history with knicks broadcast.
Now, Im not saying I love the way she comments games. Same For JVG. I loved him as a coach but found his act of the disingenuous "outrage"! tiring after a while. As for Jax, I was ok with is contribution's but could care less about him coaching the knicks.

Nalod the problem i have is you’re insinuating that the criticism is because the comments came from a woman

I dont think that should be thrown around lightly or else the accusation loses critical force

For sure the forum has had its share of bigots and knuckleheads and even decent people have moments of weakness and say something they later regret (or should). But i haven’t seen the Doris cricitism as being woman hating so much as disappointment from someone who used to do better and knows better

Doris Burks is awful to listen to. Not because she is a woman but because she has no personality. Her style or lack of it is predicated on her trying to show she is super knowledgeable. Yet she really isn't knowledgeable while watching a game she doesn't add any insight. No feel for the game she is viewing. Her voice also sounds like she must have smoked 5 packs of Newport for years.

Alpha1971

4/20/2024  12:12 PM
Scott Foster calling the game tonight ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2024  12:33 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/20/2024  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2024  12:46 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
Knicks winning and Jalen putting up gaudy numbers has earned a lot of respect.
I find some have issues with any women speaking up? Ok.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

nalod that was kind of an a-hole response suggesting the doris criticism has to do with her gender. Where does that come from?

I listened to her Bulls game where she was critical of the knicks not chewing up clock, even though they were in lead and doing what they did all game/season long. Taking quality open shots. I thought it was stupid

A more objective analysis (regardless of gender) would have been -- Knicks are doing what they've done all season (i.e., in which they beat essentially all expectations of us media types especially with all key injuries); I Doris Burke would have done things differently. I would have run down the clock where in the last few seconds it's a lot easier for the defense to focus eg on Jalen who will probably shoot it at that point and traded a lousier shot opportunity for the seconds killed

and we all know if the Knicks lost there would have been some "I told you so" commentary, but when the Knicks won there was no "Thibs is right again" commentary

She does that in all the games she calls. She is not my favorite because of this. They all do it to some extent. Clyde does it. But Clyde is Clyde and I get that. Sometimes my feed only allows for other teams broadcast and they are very complimentary of the knicks. They have reason to. They are also educating their viewship of the opponent.
She is not all together wrong. You and I watch more knick games than she does. I get it, you get it, and sometimes she is wrong.
They all are. Breen calls knick games all seasons but he is not the color commentator.
Richard Jeff was a knick hater. I don't get that vibe anymore. Knicks on a national game getting beaten badly and JVG would just berate them. It was often justified.
Twice Doris said "since Knicks passed Bucks, Should Jalen be 1st team over Giannis?". twice......If your a bucks fans your really turned off on such talk! Giannis is Former MVP and a Champion! "What has Jalen done".....

Look, your not wrong about her comment. But she does that **** all the time. Im not saying you, but a few guys here really don't like anything any women has said.

Via Wiki:

Burke began her broadcasting career in 1990 as an analyst for women's games for her alma mater on radio. That same year, Burke began working in the same role on Big East Women's games on television, and in 1996 she began working Big East men's games.[6]
Burke has been working for ESPN in various positions since 1991. She has been a part of ESPN's coverage of the WNBA.[6] For many years, Burke was the primary radio and television voice of the New York Liberty. In 2003, she was named to ESPN's men's college basketball coverage working with Dick Vitale and began working the sidelines for ESPN and ABC for their coverage of the NBA beginning with the 2003–04 NBA season.
In 2000, Burke became the first woman to be a commentator for a New York Knicks game on radio and on television; she is also the first woman to be a commentator for a Big East men's game, and the first woman to be the primary commentator on a men's college basketball conference package.[2] From 2009 to 2019, Burke served as a sideline reporter for the NBA Finals on ABC, and worked as an analyst in select regular season and playoff games until 2017.[12]

She played the game and succeeded in college. And she made history with knicks broadcast.
Now, Im not saying I love the way she comments games. Same For JVG. I loved him as a coach but found his act of the disingenuous "outrage"! tiring after a while. As for Jax, I was ok with is contribution's but could care less about him coaching the knicks.

Nalod the problem i have is you’re insinuating that the criticism is because the comments came from a woman

I dont think that should be thrown around lightly or else the accusation loses critical force

For sure the forum has had its share of bigots and knuckleheads and even decent people have moments of weakness and say something they later regret (or should). But i haven’t seen the Doris cricitism as being woman hating so much as disappointment from someone who used to do better and knows better

Doris Burks is awful to listen to. Not because she is a woman but because she has no personality. Her style or lack of it is predicated on her trying to show she is super knowledgeable. Yet she really isn't knowledgeable while watching a game she doesn't add any insight. No feel for the game she is viewing. Her voice also sounds like she must have smoked 5 packs of Newport for years.

Yup Alpha, that about sums it up for me but I was going with 5 packs of Marlboro a day

She could be Roz from Monsters Inc

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

4/20/2024  12:58 PM
Just want to say...Knicks in 4
martin
USA
4/20/2024  1:09 PM

martin
USA
4/20/2024  1:10 PM
Alpha1971

4/20/2024  1:13 PM
I can't watch the game tonight. I'll be taking my wife to her nephews' baby shower. I'll be driving back from Connecticut. Of all the BS that can befall me !!!
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
4/20/2024  1:21 PM
Psyched! There is NOTHING like playoffs at the Garden!!

This won't be an easy series. I think some think it will be based on what we saw from these Sixers in the play in but let's remember that Spoelstra and Miami make a lot of teams look like ****. Fact is Philly found a way to come back down 20 and are 31-9 when Embiid plays. They are not your typical 7th seed.

I do think we will win this series. Brunson is about to go on a historical run. They have nobody who can stop him. He is unstoppable and I expect him to drop 30-50. Philly struggles on the glass which will be a huge advantage for us. Playing in Philadelphia will also feel like a home game for the Villanova Knicks.

Knicks in 7.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2024  1:22 PM
DVR it??
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/20/2024  2:05 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Scott Foster calling the game tonight ?

Yep.
Sixers were 4-0 in 2022-2023 with him. 1-2 in 2023-2024.

Knicks were 4-2 in 2022-2023. 3-2 in 2023-2024.

He also threw out Josh Hart recently after he “accidentally” drop kicked a Bulls player in the face.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
USA
4/20/2024  2:12 PM
technomaster wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Scott Foster calling the game tonight ?

Yep.
Sixers were 4-0 in 2022-2023 with him. 1-2 in 2023-2024.

Knicks were 4-2 in 2022-2023. 3-2 in 2023-2024.

He also threw out Josh Hart recently after he “accidentally” drop kicked a Bulls player in the face.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/20/2024  2:54 PM
ToddTT
ToddTT
ToddTT
4/20/2024  2:55 PM
ToddTT
4/20/2024  2:55 PM
ToddTT
4/20/2024  2:59 PM

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/20/2024  3:27 PM
I watch most games on NBA Live, which is useless when games are on ESPN. Do they reliably show ALSO on MSG Go or whatever is called? What's my best streaming option? I don't have cable
[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy