[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i think bynum is going to be available...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/8/2006  5:27 PM
I would love to take a shot on Bynum, and would quickly use our 2 #1's this year along w/ a resigned JB or something like that to get it done. Whatever... only thing is if the Lakers are willing to part with him you can bet its because they saw something they really didnt like, wouldnt you think?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/8/2006  6:38 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I would love to take a shot on Bynum, and would quickly use our 2 #1's this year along w/ a resigned JB or something like that to get it done. Whatever... only thing is if the Lakers are willing to part with him you can bet its because they saw something they really didnt like, wouldnt you think?

i'm thinking it's b/c phil isn't going to use him and that they need immediate help to win with kobe. bynum is probably 2-3 years away from being a 25-30 min player.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/8/2006  7:12 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:

bottom line, Bynum is a five year project. he's a luxury you can afford on a winning team, but for a rebuilding team to trade their starting center for him (a center which they gave up possibly two lotto picks to acquire) - that's worse than idiotic.

you want to insure the Bulls get Oden? trade for Bynum.

i agree. we won't trade curry b/c of those two #1's. i know that. but how can we base future moves on past ones just b/c we scared what the pick might turn into. again, isiah's brilliance rearing it's ugly head.

There's starphucking and then there is youthphucking. And saying lets get rid of Curry to replace him with .... Bynum is incredible youthphucking. Not only is Curry ahead of him right now, Curry was ahead of him at Bynum's similar age. That's scary. Which brings me to a point. Why Bynum? Why not Petro? Surely a center with just 1 and 1/2 years older than Bynum and a ton of more athlethic ability who average 5ppg and .75bpg and 4.4rpg in his rookie year in the NBA would be more glossed over than Bynum. Why not suggest trying to get O'Bryant in this year's draft by moving the picks up. Why Bynum?
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/8/2006  9:45 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:

bottom line, Bynum is a five year project. he's a luxury you can afford on a winning team, but for a rebuilding team to trade their starting center for him (a center which they gave up possibly two lotto picks to acquire) - that's worse than idiotic.

you want to insure the Bulls get Oden? trade for Bynum.

i agree. we won't trade curry b/c of those two #1's. i know that. but how can we base future moves on past ones just b/c we scared what the pick might turn into. again, isiah's brilliance rearing it's ugly head.

There's starphucking and then there is youthphucking. And saying lets get rid of Curry to replace him with .... Bynum is incredible youthphucking. Not only is Curry ahead of him right now, Curry was ahead of him at Bynum's similar age. That's scary. Which brings me to a point. Why Bynum? Why not Petro? Surely a center with just 1 and 1/2 years older than Bynum and a ton of more athlethic ability who average 5ppg and .75bpg and 4.4rpg in his rookie year in the NBA would be more glossed over than Bynum. Why not suggest trying to get O'Bryant in this year's draft by moving the picks up. Why Bynum?
It has to be Bynum because BRIGGS said hes gonna be an all-star and has many of us drunk on HIS potential as opposed to others.

NOW do ou get it?
djsunyc
5/8/2006  9:59 PM
i've seen bynum and i'm going by isiah saying that he was trying to get him in the draft also. and isiah knows how to draft. he said that he took frye ahead of bynum b/c he felt frye was ready to contribute right away.

getting bynum tells me they are going full rebuild and will start dumping salary.

moving eddy for a top pick and taking o'bryant works also. not petro tho as he doesn't have the body for a center. he's more of bigger pf.

i've seen bynum play about 10 times this year. what i've seen is that he has avery big and strong physical presence and he uses his body well. he plays big. now, he's a major project. he doesn't have the athleticism of eddy. but i think, again, has the body to develop into a monster rebounder and phsyical intimidator. i had no clue who bynum was until briggs brought him up here. but after watching him this year, i think they can work with him.

we can work with curry also but after 5 years in the league, and getting minutes pretty much right away, you can just see that mentally, he's not there. that's why i was big on that play from bynum and shaq. forget the dunk. he came down the court and shoved shaq. curry would NEVER do that. it's a one little play but it showed me something.

am i overhyping bynum? yes. but my basic reasons are that i have no confidence in eddy to become a phsyical intimidating center for us. if that's the case, and i don't think frye will be either, we're gonna have to ship one of them out eventually. so i'd rather keep frye and move eddy for another young center. bynum already is physically in better shape than almost anybody coming out this year and any young center in the league to be bruising, like a shaq.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/8/2006  10:22 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i've seen bynum and i'm going by isiah saying that he was trying to get him in the draft also. and isiah knows how to draft. he said that he took frye ahead of bynum b/c he felt frye was ready to contribute right away.

getting bynum tells me they are going full rebuild and will start dumping salary.

moving eddy for a top pick and taking o'bryant works also. not petro tho as he doesn't have the body for a center. he's more of bigger pf.

i've seen bynum play about 10 times this year. what i've seen is that he has avery big and strong physical presence and he uses his body well. he plays big. now, he's a major project. he doesn't have the athleticism of eddy. but i think, again, has the body to develop into a monster rebounder and phsyical intimidator. i had no clue who bynum was until briggs brought him up here. but after watching him this year, i think they can work with him.

we can work with curry also but after 5 years in the league, and getting minutes pretty much right away, you can just see that mentally, he's not there. that's why i was big on that play from bynum and shaq. forget the dunk. he came down the court and shoved shaq. curry would NEVER do that. it's a one little play but it showed me something.

am i overhyping bynum? yes. but my basic reasons are that i have no confidence in eddy to become a phsyical intimidating center for us. if that's the case, and i don't think frye will be either, we're gonna have to ship one of them out eventually. so i'd rather keep frye and move eddy for another young center. bynum already is physically in better shape than almost anybody coming out this year and any young center in the league to be bruising, like a shaq.

Bro, you're getting hot and heavy for a guy thats plays third string behind Kwame Brown...Think about that....

fishmike
USA
5/8/2006  10:31 PM
and when Kwame was Bynum's age he didnt know how to do laundry, how to get money out of an ATM, how to take a suit to the cleaners, how to shop for groceries. Yes, thats right.. he ate left over popeyes chicken for breakfast because he didnt know how to buy groceries.

Bynum is a good project and the prophet Isiah supposedly tried to trade up and get him
holfresh

5/8/2006  10:48 PM
Posted by fishmike:

and when Kwame was Bynum's age he didnt know how to do laundry, how to get money out of an ATM, how to take a suit to the cleaners, how to shop for groceries. Yes, thats right.. he ate left over popeyes chicken for breakfast because he didnt know how to buy groceries.

Bynum is a good project and the prophet Isiah supposedly tried to trade up and get him

When you average 1.7 pts at any time in your career in the NBA...Good Project should never be attached to your name....This guy at best will be a backup in this league..He isn't worth the time we are spending on him....

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/8/2006  11:02 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

When you average 1.7 pts at any time in your career in the NBA...Good Project should never be attached to your name....This guy at best will be a backup in this league..He isn't worth the time we are spending on him....

Jermaine O'Neal averaged 2.5 ppg as a 21 yr old 3rd year NBA player... what does the fact that Bynum didn't get enough playing time to avg any better than 1.7 ppg in his rookie season as an 18 yo have to do w/the type of player he's destined to become in the future? how can you possibly draw such conclusions from such limited amount of playing time from this kid?

[Edited by - TMS on 05-08-2006 11:04 PM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
5/8/2006  11:13 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Getting Bynum shows me that it is more than time for Isiah to go. And Brown has my blessing to kick him in the sweet spot on his way out too. You have no confidence in Curry? Hell I question any one's thoughts who can tell me that this kid won't be anything more than a career back up big man. A Marc Jackson of the league if you will and that's if he is lucky. Briggs said is downside is Haywood, for what I saw that is upside. You wouldn't trade for Petro, ok. The guy only outperformed Bynum in every category but I know stats and facts are not well supported on this forum. I challenge you to find any offensive dominating big man in the league who began their career averaging 1.6pg 1.7 rebounds. Unless you are telling me that defense is his game and he will be the next Ben Wallace but I don't see that. He isn't as agile as Wallace, he isn't quick on the ball like Wallace. To compare him to Shaq is a pipe dream. Besides that time in the league for the dominant big man who just bowls over people in the post maybe near its end if you are wanting the playoffs and hearing all the speculation about doing away with offensive circle.
djsunyc
5/8/2006  11:20 PM
ok, this is pointless. i see what i see and you all see what you see and we'll leave it at that.
Pharzeone
5/8/2006  11:27 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

Jermaine O'Neal averaged 2.5 ppg as a 21 yr old 3rd year NBA player... what does the fact that Bynum didn't get enough playing time to avg any better than 1.7 ppg in his rookie season as an 18 yo have to do w/the type of player he's destined to become in the future? how can you possibly draw such conclusions from such limited amount of playing time from this kid?

[Edited by - TMS on 05-08-2006 11:04 PM]

Dude don't use O'Neal, that's an insult. O'Neal played behind a developing Rasheed Wallace, a former world class player in Sabonis, and NBA veteran Cliff Robinson. O'Neal had to take a backseat to them and still was brillant enough to force the Blazers into not resigning Robinson. Who the hell did Bynum have him in front of him this past season. Kwame Brown? Chris Mihm? You telling me that the next heir apparent to Shaq has to take a backseat to Kwame Brown. Hell he should have came crashing through the front gate. I am pretty sure that's what the coach and star player were hoping for.
TMS
USA
5/8/2006  11:32 PM
Dude, don't assume i'm proclaiming this kid to be the next Shaq... i'm just saying only a moron will make an assumption that this kid will be nothing more than a role player based on stats he put up as an 18 yo NBA rookie on a team coached by someone not exactly known to develop young talent... don't even try & pretend that you know what the ceiling is for this kid... i don't know either, but i'm not the idiot saying this kid is nothing special... he could be a bust, or he could be something great... i've said he was a big question mark, & that works both ways.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/8/2006  11:33 PM
do you guys know what the definition of a project is? bynum is a project.

why are you bringing up #'s after the first year of a rookie that's a project?

if he wasn't a project, he would've gone #1. but when i saw bynum go right at eddy, backed him down, turned around and easily scored while eddy was "trying" to stop him, right then and there i said he's a project that's worth taking a risk on.

how many times did we hear clyde say "eddy has got to stop bringing the ball down?" i'm assuming aguirre and lb told him to stop also...but he didn't. not once this entire season.
Pharzeone
5/8/2006  11:42 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

do you guys know what the definition of a project is? bynum is a project.

why are you bringing up #'s after the first year of a rookie that's a project?

if he wasn't a project, he would've gone #1. but when i saw bynum go right at eddy, backed him down, turned around and easily scored while eddy was "trying" to stop him, right then and there i said he's a project that's worth taking a risk on.

how many times did we hear clyde say "eddy has got to stop bringing the ball down?" i'm assuming aguirre and lb told him to stop also...but he didn't. not once this entire season.

Hey I can't fault you for that. It is why I said it is youthphucking. It is similar to starphucking. Where everyone's else young player looks good to you. I use to be guilty of it myself. Like when I would see a rookie like Cato dunk over say a Ewing, I would be like oh yeah the Knicks have to get that type of guy or that guy. Then eventually I would come to my sense and say well its the NBA everyone gets dunk or posted up, or crossovered on.
Hell like I pointed out before, last season many on this forum were screaming how they would love to trade the Knicks front line for the Bulls line which one Eddy Curry was part of. Was Eddy a different player, no. He was a young guy on someone's else team. You like Bynum, I like Petro.
holfresh

5/9/2006  12:35 AM
Posted by TMS:

Dude, don't assume i'm proclaiming this kid to be the next Shaq... i'm just saying only a moron will make an assumption that this kid will be nothing more than a role player based on stats he put up as an 18 yo NBA rookie on a team coached by someone not exactly known to develop young talent... don't even try & pretend that you know what the ceiling is for this kid... i don't know either, but i'm not the idiot saying this kid is nothing special... he could be a bust, or he could be something great... i've said he was a big question mark, & that works both ways.

Dude, I in no way claim to be a sooth sayer or have a crystal ball of any kind....Of course I can't tell whether Bynum will be a stud or a bust..Any 7 footer can be a major force and fulfill their dreams in the NBA...Anyone can do most anything if they put their minds to it...But for you guys
to single out this particular individual as someone special that the Knicks must have is absurd...There is nothing in this particular individual's game that make you think he has a big future ahead of him...I pointed out the stats because my point was that at best, you are reaching for just about anyone with a pulse to fill a role on this team and somehow you think they will be better than what we currently have...Basically your agruement is insane...You shouldn't think the world of a guy because he dunked on Shaq or anyone else....You are willing to reach to all lengths, thinking that he dunk, so he can't be that bad. Curry has dunked on and around just about everyone in this league, you can't wait to ship him out of town..Insane.....

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-09-2006 12:52 AM]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/9/2006  3:04 AM
Bynum has more than a 0% chance of being a good 2-way player. So I'd rather have him than Curry.
fishmike
USA
5/9/2006  9:28 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

go look at Jermain Oneils first 4 yearsin the league and get back to me
TMS
USA
5/9/2006  9:32 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by TMS:

Dude, I in no way claim to be a sooth sayer or have a crystal ball of any kind....Of course I can't tell whether Bynum will be a stud or a bust..Any 7 footer can be a major force and fulfill their dreams in the NBA...Anyone can do most anything if they put their minds to it...

a minute ago you were saying the guy would be a role player at best... so which is it?

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/9/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

go look at Jermain Oneils first 4 yearsin the league and get back to me

Jermaine O'Neal was playing behind one of the best, young PF's in the game at the time.
Bynum was playing behind Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown.
Plus, the reports were that JO was busting everyones ass in practice all the time.
There are no such reports about Bynum, or 1) he'd be playing ahead of NBA scrubs,Mihm and Brown 2) BRIGGS would have started a thread about it.
i think bynum is going to be available...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy