Free Woods....
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/25/2006  2:58 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:

Ariza is still young and he was a steal last year mostly because of his potential. Ariza is not getting better at anything. Not even with the things he already does well. David lee learned how to knock down the long jumper somewhere between now and the start of the season. Woods defense got a lot better from the time he got here. What's up with ariza? You mean to tell me a kid this kid plays the wing and doesn't have a decent handle? Where the hell has he been? All the kids his age can handle. He absolutely can't post up at all....check that, dude can't create anything. Not even a little space. He can't score either. If the guy is close to the rim I'd rather him call a time put that try to put it back up. He needs to go to the damn d-league....he actually needs to spend a week with me. Ill get him on the right track.

Everyone that has came in have beaten ariza out of the job.

Ariza is just not a ball player yet. I don't mind keeping him, but I'm not a fan of his right now. I wish we could **** him down so bad its not funny.

Can't dribble, he played some point the last game....I have never seem Lee put it on the floor and go to the hole....I have never seen Lee or Woods for that matter initiate their own shot...Please stop with the D-League...Lee baskets hang for the rebound all the time leaving people wide open for the three....Happens because his natural position is the 4...Lee cannot stay with one player in this league at that position...Ariza is a better defender at the position...I'm baffled at all the love Woods and Lee is getting....Amazing....

Slow down big boy. Ever watch a Knicks game? When you finally do then come back to this forum and post. Lee has demonstrated decent ball handling all year since the preseason. How many dunks and lay-ups should he get before you see him initiate his own shot. Woods not initiating a shot?

One of Ariza's main talents is to double team off a three point shooter.....oh yeah he also is great at back pedaling off a shooter with the game clock winding down. Gordon's shot was all in rythmn.

And Ariza did not play point. Ariza couldn't play point if he was a index finger. If you call bringing the ball up a few times playing point than you should purchase some of those better basketball videos.

I still got the game on tape and watched it a few times already......do you want a copy of the Hornets game?

Ever see Ariza drive to the hoop and some how end up being in the air with two hands on the ball with it down on his right shoulder totally out of control? How many times must Ariza attempt a lay-up where it ends up high on the glass and bouncing like one of the big butt chicks on the Alba thread.

I want the kid to sucseed but he can do it on the practice court for now. He is not ready for the prime time. He needs to learn how to be a factor out there. He is a liability. That's why Lee is starting. Lee is not the answer at the 3 and yeah Lee is a natural 4. That is just a reflection of what Ariza brings to the game. He can bring energy at times but if you think he can play and deserves anything then I got a MTA Contract for you to vote yes on.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

1/25/2006  3:04 AM
Posted by holfresh:

Are we really at the point where we are thinking that Q Woods could be the answer at small forward...There is still time to turn this around..let see what happens when Steph gets back...Q Woods looks nice physically but the tools are far as I can see just aren't there...His game is more polished than Ariza's at this point but can you really say it looks like this guy has more upside than Ariza...At least you can look at Ariza and see his short comings and know what he needs to work on...In Q Woods, you just don't know and that's a caution flag for me...What does he need to work on, defense, jump shot,court awareness....I just don't get the feeling that Q-Woods game will get better with more time...I hope I'm wrong....With Ariza at least there are flashes of what could be down the road....But neither are ready to start for this team....Or David Lee for that matter...But if I had to choose I would go with Ariza because I think when this kid gets some confidence he can be a difference maker...I'm really not sure of the others at this time....I pray this guy locks in a barn his days off taking 1000 shots a night...But if he cuts down the silly turnovers learns how to finish in traffic, we could have something...His biggest asset now is he can play a little D and plays the passing lanes well...He can be disruptive...Q-Woods shows me nothing deserving of a shot at starting....But thats just me....I hope I'm wrong and wish all these Kids get better...I'm tired of waiting...

You say the same stuff as I do about Ariza in this post. So what is the big deal? Ariza sucks.

You think Woods sucks but can't say why.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/25/2006  3:04 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by OngBok:

TKF where is the old ICEMAN these days ?? Tell him the " dog " is still hangin !!

Ice hangs out at another board, I used to IM him a lot and we would have our usual fights, but I haven't spoken to him in a while....

Man me and ice used to have some epic battles. We used to theaten each other but then be cool as hell the next second. We used to aim each other too especially during fantasy time.

Yo man we were the reason they shut down the daily news forums!!! We had that thing locked. Freestyle days were the best. The good old days.

I remember when he challenged you to meet him somewhere and you told him to make sure he brings his keyboard with him...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic stuff.

I try not to get so excited anymore. I used to say a lot of crazy stuff to the iceman. I'm done with that internet bs though. For the most part the uk board has seen the easy enyspree. No need to bring back spreeh20 lol.

edit:Yo man I posted this at like 1am......Crackberry is buggin out.

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-25-2006 03:06 AM]
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/25/2006  3:49 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:

Are we really at the point where we are thinking that Q Woods could be the answer at small forward...There is still time to turn this around..let see what happens when Steph gets back...Q Woods looks nice physically but the tools are far as I can see just aren't there...His game is more polished than Ariza's at this point but can you really say it looks like this guy has more upside than Ariza...At least you can look at Ariza and see his short comings and know what he needs to work on...In Q Woods, you just don't know and that's a caution flag for me...What does he need to work on, defense, jump shot,court awareness....I just don't get the feeling that Q-Woods game will get better with more time...I hope I'm wrong....With Ariza at least there are flashes of what could be down the road....But neither are ready to start for this team....Or David Lee for that matter...But if I had to choose I would go with Ariza because I think when this kid gets some confidence he can be a difference maker...I'm really not sure of the others at this time....I pray this guy locks in a barn his days off taking 1000 shots a night...But if he cuts down the silly turnovers learns how to finish in traffic, we could have something...His biggest asset now is he can play a little D and plays the passing lanes well...He can be disruptive...Q-Woods shows me nothing deserving of a shot at starting....But thats just me....I hope I'm wrong and wish all these Kids get better...I'm tired of waiting...

You say the same stuff as I do about Ariza in this post. So what is the big deal? Ariza sucks.

You think Woods sucks but can't say why.

Eqactly my poing...Woods have no game...None to speak of.....What are his strong point if any...He can't D up, can't shoot, the first day he got here,Larry gave him time..now what, he deserves more time for no good reason..makes alot of sense..
holfresh

1/25/2006  4:04 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:

Ariza is still young and he was a steal last year mostly because of his potential. Ariza is not getting better at anything. Not even with the things he already does well. David lee learned how to knock down the long jumper somewhere between now and the start of the season. Woods defense got a lot better from the time he got here. What's up with ariza? You mean to tell me a kid this kid plays the wing and doesn't have a decent handle? Where the hell has he been? All the kids his age can handle. He absolutely can't post up at all....check that, dude can't create anything. Not even a little space. He can't score either. If the guy is close to the rim I'd rather him call a time put that try to put it back up. He needs to go to the damn d-league....he actually needs to spend a week with me. Ill get him on the right track.

Ariza is just not a ball player yet. I don't mind keeping him, but I'm not a fan of his right now. I wish we could **** him down so bad its not funny.

Can't dribble, he played some point the last game....I have never seem Lee put it on the floor and go to the hole....I have never seen Lee or Woods for that matter initiate their own shot...Please stop with the D-League...Lee baskets hang for the rebound all the time leaving people wide open for the three....Happens because his natural position is the 4...Lee cannot stay with one player in this league at that position...Ariza is a better defender at the position...I'm baffled at all the love Woods and Lee is getting....Amazing....

Slow down big boy. Ever watch a Knicks game? When you finally do then come back to this forum and post. Lee has demonstrated decent ball handling all year since the preseason. How many dunks and lay-ups should he get before you see him initiate his own shot. Woods not initiating a shot?

One of Ariza's main talents is to double team off a three point shooter.....oh yeah he also is great at back pedaling off a shooter with the game clock winding down. Gordon's shot was all in rythmn.

And Ariza did not play point. Ariza couldn't play point if he was a index finger. If you call bringing the ball up a few times playing point than you should purchase some of those better basketball videos.

I still got the game on tape and watched it a few times already......do you want a copy of the Hornets game?

Ever see Ariza drive to the hoop and some how end up being in the air with two hands on the ball with it down on his right shoulder totally out of control? How many times must Ariza attempt a lay-up where it ends up high on the glass and bouncing like one of the big butt chicks on the Alba thread.

I want the kid to sucseed but he can do it on the practice court for now. He is not ready for the prime time. He needs to learn how to be a factor out there. He is a liability. That's why Lee is starting. Lee is not the answer at the 3 and yeah Lee is a natural 4. That is just a reflection of what Ariza brings to the game. He can bring energy at times but if you think he can play and deserves anything then I got a MTA Contract for you to vote yes on.

Have I seen the games...At one point in the game Clyde mention that coach worked Ariza at the point and wanted him to play more point guard this year....2 Yes Lee can handle for a Big Man but he still can't play the 3....He still can't stay in front of another 3 in the NBA....As for Ben Gordon who has a quick first step and who was hit a game winning shot previosly that week by blowing by his man and laying it up, Ariza could ply him close because he is faster than Ariza....Gordon is a 2 guard..But Ariza is the Knicks best perimeter defender, thats why he is in there...I watch every game bro....Lee has been light up by everyone he has played against....U just cant start a guy who gives you 5 pts a game at sml fwd and no D....NO D....U have the tapes...U watch where Lee is when Rasual Butler is knocking wide open jumpers from the corner and listen to Clyde's comment about Lee...
EnySpree

1/25/2006  4:13 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:

Have I seen the games...At one point in the game Clyde mention that coach worked Ariza at the point and wanted him to play more point guard this year....2 Yes Lee can handle for a Big Man but he still can't play the 3....He still can't stay in front of another 3 in the NBA....As for Ben Gordon who has a quick first step and who was hit a game winning shot previosly that week by blowing by his man and laying it up, Ariza could ply him close because he is faster than Ariza....Gordon is a 2 guard..But Ariza is the Knicks best perimeter defender, thats why he is in there...I watch every game bro....Lee has been light up by everyone he has played against....U just cant start a guy who gives you 5 pts a game at sml fwd and no D....NO D....U have the tapes...U watch where Lee is when Rasual Butler is knocking wide open jumpers from the corner and listen to Clyde's comment about Lee...

I'm not listening!!!!!!.....nana boo booo.....I'm not listening!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-25-2006 04:14 AM]
holfresh

1/25/2006  12:50 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm not listening!!!!!!.....nana boo booo.....I'm not listening!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-25-2006 04:14 AM]

You got me on that one.....
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/26/2006  12:12 PM
Qyntel's 12 rebounds and 14 points (clutch in overtime vs Kings) in only 22 minutes is an indication of a young player on the verge of finding his voice

holfresh - if you would rather throw him undet a bus that's your call

I prefer to encourage a young player and watch him grow

Then again, you probably mastered your chosen profession in months, right?
once a knick always a knick
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/26/2006  12:34 PM
Woods is clearly a more superior offensive player than Ariza. He's physically stronger, has a better Jay, and has the strength to finish after taking a hit going to the hole. Ariza, seems to have better court instincts at this point. Ariza anticipates and steals better, and he has a better instinct goiong to the offensive glass in terms of offensive put-back dunks. Niether has shown a consistant ability to break there man down in a half court situation and get there own shot. With that said, Q-woods has a bigger upside and is more physically ready to play SF.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
EnySpree

1/26/2006  1:27 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Woods is clearly a more superior offensive player than Ariza. He's physically stronger, has a better Jay, and has the strength to finish after taking a hit going to the hole. Ariza, seems to have better court instincts at this point. Ariza anticipates and steals better, and he has a better instinct goiong to the offensive glass in terms of offensive put-back dunks. Niether has shown a consistant ability to break there man down in a half court situation and get there own shot. With that said, Q-woods has a bigger upside and is more physically ready to play SF.

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-26-2006 1:27 PM]

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-26-2006 1:28 PM]
misterearl
USA
1/26/2006  3:29 PM
If Lebron can play in the backcourt at 6'8, why can't Woods be auditioned at the two instead of QRichardson?

No, I'm NOT suggesting Qyntel is anywhere near Lebron, not by a long shot -

but his unique skill-set as a player at 6'8 with respectable quickness, outside range, ballhandling ability and enough strength to muscle inside and rebound inside - demonstrate why Qyntel was considered a HIGH first round pick before his off-the-court personal issues took away points.

Then again, his childhood was no so pretty as many much more fortunate.

A strong father figure or mentor might work wonders with Mister Woods
EnySpree

1/26/2006  3:43 PM
Then again, his childhood was no so pretty as many much more fortunate.

A strong father figure or mentor might work wonders with Mister Woods

Could be you know....He's 24 now right? Guys get focused around that age anyway after they experience life and find out who they really are and what they really want out of life.

He played well yesterday I tell you that. I'm sick of moral victories.
misterearl
USA
1/26/2006  7:21 PM
>He played well yesterday I tell you that. I'm sick of moral victories.

EnySpree - this season has the feel of an endless audition for a reality show. There is no such thing as a moral victory. You win or lose.

Having said that, the character of individual players will rise to the top or they will be gone.

if Qyntel can double-double in twenty minutes, can be motivated or push himself to another gear with added minutes?

Playing Well - Mo Taylor, Marbury, Qyntel

Trying to Recover - Jamal,Trevor Ariza, Frye

On thin ice - Nate, Jackie Butler, James, Lee, Davis, Richardson

Yesterday's News - Penny, Rose, Lampe, Lavor Postell

EnySpree

1/26/2006  7:40 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>He played well yesterday I tell you that. I'm sick of moral victories.

EnySpree - this season has the feel of an endless audition for a reality show. There is no such thing as a moral victory. You win or lose.

I was just refering to the fact Woods played well at least.....

I'm sick of the reality show BS too. It starts and ends with Brown. Things will get better I suppose.

The way things are going if Larry would just get his **** together with the roster the players would know what to do on the court. They seemed to gel during the 6 game winning streak but then they reverted back.....but at least they are playing harder then they were.

Still Brown is all over the place with the rotation. The coach can control the game from the bench. He can direct traffic and force the team to do what he wants. It just seems the Knicks are just passing for no reason on offense and that confusion is worse when they get back on defense. It doesn't look like they are having fun at all.

You can't force someone to do something he can't do. What you can do is put players in position to do whatever it is they can do well.....from there you add things.

Like when i tried out for City Colllege. The team we had was small. The coach loved big guys but our 2 biggest guys were barely 6'6". So he had to go with a more up tempo style. We were running like a mofo and doing all types of curl plays and stuff. No way would he have his 6'3" starting forward posting up the other guys 6'8" forward. That team was wack anyway. I got cut cuz of acedemic probation, lol.....still Larry is stubborn.

I'm hoping Woods continues to play well. He's a perfect fit for these young Knicks.

Hopefully the guys gel a little and Isiah will have a more clear idea of who to trade and what player fits the Knicks best.
Free Woods....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy