[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MARBURY POLL

Author Poll
bobs3304
Member: #948
What will Marbury's fate be? Consider ALL options before voting...
Keep Marbury ONLY IF LARRY BROWN IS OUR HEAD COACH
Keep Marbury NO MATTER WHAT
Trade Marbury IF LARRY ISN'T OUR NEXT COACH
Trade Marbury NO MATTER WHAT
View Results

Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/12/2005  10:05 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

While I'm not gonna go as far as to say that Dolan's business sense interferes in Isiah's plans for the future, it's def. become clear that he is no Stein-bummer. The Yanks are very fortunate they have an owner that WANTS to win, and will stop at nothing to do so...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/12/2005 22:02:55]

Being a Yankee fan, I love the way Steinbrenner deals with his team, yes sometimes it may be excessive but he cares which is alot more than you can say about 95% of owners in all of sports. I hope to God that one day a guy like Mark Cuban buys the Knicks, I love that guy haha.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
7/12/2005  10:07 PM
Sorry for the language, but I ****in hate the Yankees, and everything about them.

But that, I'll leave for another day. My point was that Stein-bummer is a rare breed nowadays...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
nyk4ever
USA
7/12/2005  10:09 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Sorry for the language, but I ****in hate the Yankees, and everything about them.

But that, I'll leave for another day. My point was that Stein-bummer is a rare breed nowadays...

He definately is. I could only wonder what he would do with the Knicks if he owned them but it would be quite different with a salary cap that is REAL and not some bloated number that doesn't do anything. Back on topic...

what do you think about your own hypothetical question Bob.. the same one you asked me.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/12/2005  10:11 PM
lets say hypothetically that if we surround Marbury with Magliore and Randolph or Brand, I still think that team won't win a championship. Marbury is not good enough, not enough of a leader, clutch performer or winner, just ask amare, marion and JJ and randolph and brand aren't as good as duncan. I still rather get the next duncan by stacking up on high lottery picks. we've been through the Ewing yrs of being good but not good enough its timeto win it all. its been 32yrs!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 07/12/2005 22:14:09]
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:13 PM
If we land Larry Brown - we'll end up keeping Marbury, and I would gladly take on Randolph's contract.

If we can't land Brown - I think Marbury is traded at this point, and then, in that case, it would be counter-productive IMO to take on Zach's salary, in spite of his high talent level.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:15 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

lets say hypothetically that if we surround Marbury with Magliore and Randolph or Brand, I still think that team won't win a championship. Marbury is not good enough, not enough of a leader, clutch performer or winner, just ask amare, marion and JJ and randolph and brand aren't as good as duncan. I still rather get the next duncan by stacking up on high lottery picks. we've been through the Ewing yrs of being good but not good enough its timeto win it all. its been 32yrs!

LOL....Magloire AND Brander/Randolph --- in your dreams buddy.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/12/2005 22:15:24]
gunsnewing
USA
7/12/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

If we land Larry Brown - we'll end up keeping Marbury, and I would gladly take on Randolph's contract.

If we can't land Brown - I think Marbury is traded at this point, and then, in that case, it would be counter-productive IMO to take on Zach's salary, in spite of his high talent level.

agreed. we need to win the lottery for once and get a player who has no flaws for cheap ask the bulls, pistons, lakers, spurs & rockets
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/12/2005  10:18 PM
Its not about just having a Duncan type, you have to have a great TEAM. KG is a great player and if he ever gets a great TEAM around him then he could win a title. There's more than one way to put together a championship team. I think Isaiah is doing a good job of trying to build a well balanced, athletic and mentally tough team. Mental toughness is a HUGE part of the equation. There have been lots of talent loaded teams that didn't have the killer instinct. I have no doubt about Stephs heart and if he's in a situation where his team is good enough to get him to a big game he's not going to be scared by the situation. You need players like that. Once Isaiah solves our frontcourt situation and the coaching is resolved. I expect this team to be on it way to a great future.
gunsnewing
USA
7/12/2005  10:19 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by gunsnewing:

LOL....Magloire AND Brander/Randolph --- in your dreams buddy.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 07/12/2005 22:15:24]

not my dreams. I'm just making the point that the only way we're gonna have a chance at winning championship is by winning the lottery and landing the next big thing
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:20 PM
don't forget about the Celtics too

(Mchale)

Bird, Parish, Mchale = greatest froncourt ever assembled.
gunsnewing
USA
7/12/2005  10:21 PM
Posted by nixluva:

Its not about just having a Duncan type, you have to have a great TEAM. KG is a great player and if he ever gets a great TEAM around him then he could win a title. There's more than one way to put together a championship team. I think Isaiah is doing a good job of trying to build a well balanced, athletic and mentally tough team. Mental toughness is a HUGE part of the equation. There have been lots of talent loaded teams that didn't have the killer instinct. I have no doubt about Stephs heart and if he's in a situation where his team is good enough to get him to a big game he's not going to be scared by the situation. You need players like that. Once Isaiah solves our frontcourt situation and the coaching is resolved. I expect this team to be on it way to a great future.

no question about it. KG is that kind of player but we're not getting him. brand and randolph aren't as good
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2005  10:21 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by Bonn1997:

By tying Brown and Marbury together, a lot of people I think are making a mistake. Your coach shouldn't determine what you do with your olympian/franchise player. Either Marbury's good for the franchise or he isn't. I've obviously argued that keeping him is the better choice, but I don't think the choice should depend on what Larry does.

Without Larry Brown, Chauncey Billups would never have been the Finals MVP. He pushed him to a higher plateua...
What does that have to do with Marbury?
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:22 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

not my dreams. I'm just making the point that the only way we're gonna have a chance at winning championship is by winning the lottery and landing the next big thing

Ya, but I would never purposely plan to tank 1, 2 years ahead, simply to land the next big thing. That's sacrilege IMHO. You tank when you've exhausted all your options.
Bonn1997
USA
7/12/2005  10:24 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Bonn1997:

By tying Brown and Marbury together, a lot of people I think are making a mistake. Your coach shouldn't determine what you do with your olympian/franchise player. Either Marbury's good for the franchise or he isn't. I've obviously argued that keeping him is the better choice, but I don't think the choice should depend on what Larry does.
Well you have to look at it like this, Dell Harris had Kobe and Shaq and they were a good team but couldn't win it all. As soon as the Zen master arrives, they win m,ultiple championships with basically the same players.
The coach means a whole helluvalot!
No disagreement about the coach meaning a lot. However, we're talking about *trading* Marbury. The anology to the Lakers would be trading Kobe or Shaq. Even if they hadn't gotten Phil or if they had kept Harris, they still made the right decision to keep Kobe and Shaq. The coach shouldn't dictate the direction you take with your franchise player.
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:24 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Without Larry Brown, Chauncey Billups would never have been the Finals MVP. He pushed him to a higher plateua...
What does that have to do with Marbury?

Point is that who our coach is will determine what direction we're going in. Brown has the ability to change players. Look what he did for AI. And now Billups, who was once an unwanted vagabond in the NBA, is a Finals MVP. Brown would be the best thing to happen to Marbury since Swiss Cheese.
Bonn1997
USA
7/12/2005  10:25 PM
The biggest problem with Zach is his knee. He just had microfracture surgery. Stay far away from him.
nyk4ever
USA
7/12/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

We can also just ask Amare who only played the first 1.5 years of his career with Steph, JJ and Marion (who is not any better with Steve Nash) what Marbury did against the Spurs in 2002-2003 playoffs. He was pretty clutch then he beat the Spurs all by himself(averaging 22ppg 38% shooting) when Amare (averaged 14ppg and 7rpg) Joe Johnson (5pg)

Stephon isn't going to win if there are no players around him.. HE NEEDS A BIG MAN THAT HAS MORE THEN 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE before you call him a loser.. he hasnt never had that after leaving Minnesota. Geez.

By the way, Duncan isn't the only player that wins championships, Rasheed Wallace has won 1 and been to 2 and I would say that Elton Brand is better then he is. Like nixluva said.. it takes a team and if you added Brand or Randolph to this roster that would be a pretty darn good team and Steph would have them making a great run to and into the playoffs.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 07/12/2005 22:33:32]
bobs3304
7/12/2005  10:33 PM
exactly what I've been saying. Give him a legit big man that provides substance in the paint and you'll see wins. that's a hard task to fulfill however, and that's why I think you'll see Marbury traded, b/c as things are looking right now, this team is not poised to do much WITH Marbury and no Big Man.
gunsnewing
USA
7/12/2005  10:35 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by gunsnewing:

We can also just ask Amare who only played the first 1.5 years of his career with Steph, JJ and Marion (who is not any better with Steve Nash) what Marbury did against the Spurs in 2002-2003 playoffs. He was pretty clutch then he beat the Spurs all by himself(averaging 22ppg 38% shooting) when Amare (averaged 14ppg and 7rpg) Joe Johnson (5pg)

Stephon isn't going to win if there are no players around him.. HE NEEDS A BIG MAN THAT HAS MORE THEN 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE before you call him a loser.. he hasnt never had that after leaving Minnesota. Geez.

By the way, Duncan isn't the only player that wins championships, Rasheed Wallace has won 1 and been to 2 and I would say that Elton Brand is better then he is. Like nixluva said.. it takes a team and if you added Brand or Randolph to this roster that would be a pretty darn good team and Steph would have them making a great run to and into the playoffs.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 07/12/2005 22:33:32]

with Larry Brown coaching sure not with Herb
gunsnewing
USA
7/12/2005  10:39 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

exactly what I've been saying. Give him a legit big man that provides substance in the paint and you'll see wins. that's a hard task to fulfill however, and that's why I think you'll see Marbury traded, b/c as things are looking right now, this team is not poised to do much WITH Marbury and no Big Man.

exactly how I feel especially now that we have Nate and need to get him big minutes. It is virtually impossible to keep Marbury and win at the same time because his contract doesn't allow us to get him that bigman and most likely other teams will have more to offer for a guy like Brand than TT & crawford. Randolph is more of a possibility but I'm not sure you can win it all with him
MARBURY POLL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy