[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/8/2023  5:37 PM
Ahsoka pretty good though 4 episodes. Glad to see something worth watching on Disney.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/19/2023  11:05 AM
Winning Time cancelled on Max. They're becoming as bad as Netflix with the abrupt cancellations.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

9/20/2023  1:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Winning Time cancelled on Max. They're becoming as bad as Netflix with the abrupt cancellations.

Max is showing NBA games and Inside the Studio for free through February and then they're charging an additional $10 per month. It might be worth it to keep Max.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
9/22/2023  12:29 AM
“Wrestlers” on Netflix was surprisingly REALLY good..ended up binging it over the weekend.

“Untold - Johnny Football” was insane. Forgot how talented and how exciting it was to watch him play college ball.

Highly recommend both.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/25/2023  2:28 PM
https://www.thedailybeast.com/we-may-soon-have-a-blood-test-for-long-covid-study-suggests?ref=home

Investigators have uncovered markers in the blood that identify people with long COVID, a breakthrough finding that means it may soon be possible to develop a diagnostic test for the condition. The discovery, which was published on Monday in the scientific journal Nature, may help doctors understand the cause of the condition’s devastating symptoms, including memory issues and chronic fatigue. It also offers scientific evidence that the illness is real, according to David Putrino, a leading researcher in the study. The experiment involved blood sample analysis of 268 people, including those who have never contracted the disease, those who have had COVID but recovered, and those who have experienced symptoms of long COVID for at least four months. Putrino told NBC News that long COVID patients had “irregular” immune system responses and displayed notably lower levels of the hormone cortisol, which keeps people alert. He explained that this could be the reason why long COVID patients often suffer from ongoing fatigue. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 13 U.S. adults may have long COVID.
ToddTT
9/29/2023  5:20 PM
Holy sh** balls. My yard looks like a pond.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/29/2023  5:24 PM
ToddTT wrote:Holy sh** balls. My yard looks like a pond.

S#!t show getting home today in Brooklyn. No subways. Hopped on a crammed bus after several didn’t stop because they were packed. Was lucky to get on it and get home. I’m sure there are lots of stranded people out there or paying hundreds for Ubers.

ToddTT
9/29/2023  10:22 PM
Tempted…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39QM2VX/ref=asc_df_B000GUFOC81695938400000?tag=georiot-us-default-20&ascsubtag=space-us-6320897638927431000-20&geniuslink=true&th=1

[IMG_block] https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51GCZ2lmsmL._AC_SX679_.jpg [/IMG_block]

Anybody own a telescope?

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/1/2023  3:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2023  3:28 AM
ToddTT wrote:Tempted…

Anybody own a telescope?

Never understood this. Unless you are tracking celestial mechanics, what is the fun in watching a static object for hours on end?

ToddTT
10/1/2023  9:26 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Anybody own a telescope?

Never understood this. Unless you are tracking celestial mechanics, what is the fun in watching a static object for hours on end?

I’m not a flat-Earther, but when I see pictures of things like Saturn, it all looks like fictional stuff.

I think seeing it through a telescope from my own yard would be ****ing amazing.

I also would not plan to watch a static object for hours. That would be like watching EF play defense.

A lot of these telescopes will jump from one object to the next, automatically.

That said, I am afraid of the novelty wearing off, and it sitting around unused (I won’t make another lame EF joke).

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/1/2023  9:31 AM
I can see Evan somehow ending up on the Bucks and being a valuable bench piece for them in the playoffs. I can see him getting waived after being traded at the deadline and going to Milwaukee
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2023  12:57 PM
ToddTT wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Anybody own a telescope?

I’m not a flat-Earther, but when I see pictures of things like Saturn, it all looks like fictional stuff.

I think seeing it through a telescope from my own yard would be ****ing amazing.

I also would not plan to watch a static object for hours. That would be like watching EF play defense.

That said, I am afraid of the novelty wearing off, and it sitting around unused (I won’t make another lame EF joke).

We used to live out in the "country" and lack of light pollution made for good viewing. Had a nice set up and it was important for the kids to not just see it on "Star Wars" or what ever. We would pull in Jupiter and the rings of Saturn in reality.

What's the fun? Maybe not fun but a visceral experience. Its "geeky" but perhaps try it sometime and maybe you'll understand.
Its like Travel. We went to the Atacama desert in Chile. Highest and driest place on earth. The stargazing with relatively no atmosphere to inhibit was like nothing I have ever expiernced. Go out in the desert in the middle of the night and its amazing!
Nothing like it.

Or, to see Arinal volcano in Costa Rica. The cone, the smoke, the rumble, the power, the primal connect blew me away. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to see it and just stare at it. One thing to see this **** on TV, another to FEEL IT IN PERSON. On early morning, still dark out saw a lighting storm and clouds approach it and shot a bold to the top of the cone as it spits out lava and stone. Fucking amazing!!!

Telescope with the new GPS stuff on it must be awesome! Buy one used, use it a few times then sell it too. Geek out and enjoy!!!

ToddTT
10/1/2023  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2023  6:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Anybody own a telescope?

We used to live out in the "country" and lack of light pollution made for good viewing. Had a nice set up and it was important for the kids to not just see it on "Star Wars" or what ever. We would pull in Jupiter and the rings of Saturn in reality.

What's the fun? Maybe not fun but a visceral experience. Its "geeky" but perhaps try it sometime and maybe you'll understand.
Its like Travel. We went to the Atacama desert in Chile. Highest and driest place on earth. The stargazing with relatively no atmosphere to inhibit was like nothing I have ever expiernced. Go out in the desert in the middle of the night and its amazing!
Nothing like it.

Or, to see Arinal volcano in Costa Rica. The cone, the smoke, the rumble, the power, the primal connect blew me away. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to see it and just stare at it. One thing to see this **** on TV, another to FEEL IT IN PERSON. On early morning, still dark out saw a lighting storm and clouds approach it and shot a bold to the top of the cone as it spits out lava and stone. Fucking amazing!!!

Telescope with the new GPS stuff on it must be awesome! Buy one used, use it a few times then sell it too. Geek out and enjoy!!!

See? Nalod gets it!

Any idea how bad the light pollution on Long Island is for star gazing?

I’m hoping it won’t be too bad on clear nights.

GustavBahler

10/1/2023  6:37 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Anybody own a telescope?

Nothing like it.

See? Nalod gets it!

I live out in the sticks, never got around to getting a telescope, couldnt afford a good one. But it was fun using my ipad (and an astronomy app) when I first got here. To track and watch the intl space station as it went by. What surprised me the most was how easy it was to watch it cross the night sky with the naked eye.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2023  9:35 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Anybody own a telescope?

Nothing like it.

See? Nalod gets it!

Being surrounded by water won't help and the density of light is not good. But do the best you can!!!!

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/2/2023  10:38 AM
Man, not saying anything is rigged, or gambling is part of the picture…but….

Those refs at the end of Jets/Chiefs last night were a little frisky….

ToddTT
10/19/2023  9:19 PM
Spider-Man 2, tomorrow. 🤟
BigDaddyG

10/19/2023  11:04 PM
Starting to enjoy Gen V, The Boys spinoff. Like the boys more, but the body horror is definitely on par. Finished Ahsoka and it was alright. The ending almost ruined it for me, but I'd rank it above Obi Wan, but behind Andor and Mandolorian. To be honest, and I never thought I'd say this, I'm getting burned out on Star Wars. I feel like Lard Ass from Stand By Me. I've been gorging onso much sugary, mediocre Disney content and I feel like I wanna puke.
ToddTT
10/26/2023  5:58 PM
Try unseeing this…

GustavBahler

11/3/2023  8:12 PM
Got the new mission impossible. Fun movie amazing stunts, unusual villain. Glad they brought back a character from the first MI. Helped make the first one a success.
OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy