Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/22/2005  12:48 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by fishmike:

I really want to see is more Sweetney, especially at center. He stays out of foul trouble there, gets to the line and camps out under the basket. He also works the glass. The height doesnt bother me.. Nazr or KT arent changing guys shots anyway

now that you put it that way it would make sense to play him more at center. for one centers are slower. guys like him and Brand can get away with it at 6'8'' because they have extremely long arms and Sweetney proved lastnight he can be a good low post defender doing an excellent job on Yao!
NO!! Thats a terrible idea. Sweetney should only play PF.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/22/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by fishmike:

I really want to see is more Sweetney, especially at center. He stays out of foul trouble there, gets to the line and camps out under the basket. He also works the glass. The height doesnt bother me.. Nazr or KT arent changing guys shots anyway

now that you put it that way it would make sense to play him more at center. for one centers are slower. guys like him and Brand can get away with it at 6'8'' because they have extremely long arms and Sweetney proved lastnight he can be a good low post defender doing an excellent job on Yao!
NO!! Thats a terrible idea. Sweetney should only play PF.

its not my preference but it's not a terrible idea since it'll kee him out of foul trouble and he's already a more physical center than Nazr. Nazr is always in foul trouble and there are maybe 5 good centers he has to guard. I guarantee you Sweetney would average more than 1.1blocks a game as a starter. If you can get by with Nazr at center you certainly can get by with Sweetney who is much bigger.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/22/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

If you can get by with Nazr at center you certainly can get by with Sweetney who is much bigger.
Nazr is a better center than Sweetney. I dont want to just "get by" I want Sweetney to be a force cause thats the only way we are gonna win a championship. I would rather he just plays PF and learns to be a force. Of course 2 or 3 mins a game at C wont hurt.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/22/2005  3:35 PM
I think Lenny was suffering from the Hubbie Brown syndrome.

I can't blame him for not calling a time out last night on that last play- Marbury is the man, he came up with a lame play- they have to learn- next time they have a similar situation- lets say in the playoffs- hopefully Marbury and Crawford come up with something better.

I'd love for Phil Jackson to come- but if Herb gets a chance for the rest of the year, I'd be please to watch what he brings.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2005  3:39 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB! WE WANT HERB!

LOL!!

Herb: its not just for smoking anymore!

Ewing must want to shoot himself for not bing an assistant on this team! He could have had his shot! A Starphuchers dream! Patrick to the rescue! What a buzz that would be for a few weeks! And when he fails as coach, the evil Isiah rids of him and consolidates his power even more!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/22/2005  3:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:

If Herb is willing to play Sweetney more and Kurt less and discipline Crawford by taking him out when he takes bad shots, then this will be a wonderful move for the Knicks in the long-term.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking!

I hope he goes with a line-up change and starts Sweetney....

but if Houston is hurt who would he actually bench Crawford for? Penny is in his house playing playstation.

Isiah should make another comb through with this team. The team has fleas.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/22/2005  5:16 PM
I have no doubt that Isiah will go after a 2 guard and a PF to complete what we are missing. Penny and Kurt will be traded within the next few days.....As for Tim and Houston going on IL, oh well, they need to stay there until the end....

Trades:

either with Toronto: Rose and Marshall

or

Minesota: Kandi and bring back Spree or Zerbiak
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/22/2005  5:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I have no doubt that Isiah will go after a 2 guard and a PF to complete what we are missing. Penny and Kurt will be traded within the next few days.....As for Tim and Houston going on IL, oh well, they need to stay there until the end....

Trades:

either with Toronto: Rose and Marshall

or

Minesota: Kandi and bring back Spree or Zerbiak
I seriously doubt spree ever wears a knick jersey again. Cursing out the owner in front of his wife is not something that is easily forgottten. in addition, who wants spreewell. Kandi and spree is a bad move. Kandi and Wally makes more sense. Wally adds what we need. who in the hell wants a whining, diminished 33 year old who wants a 30 million dollar extension? I'll pass.

Rose and Donyell is probably better than kandi and wally too. Rose contract has only 2 years on it. Wally is like 5. I think Ariza could learn alot from rose too.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
1/22/2005  8:28 PM
Nice to have a fallguy, eh? With the team doing how it was, I think keeping Lenny would've been a good move. It's a shame the fans continued to dog him. I don't think Herb Williams will do any better.
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  9:47 PM
turn on MSG sportsdesk they are talking about Herb!
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
1/22/2005  9:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Missed it. Can you sum up the highlights?
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  10:04 PM
Herb just showed me why he is a better coach for this team than Lenny. No knock on Lenny put he praised the team for making the playoffs and even praised them recently. Herb just said on MSG that yeah they made the playoffs last year but they weren't happy being swept and he wants the Knicks to go back to winning in the playoffs! I love you Herb!!!
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  10:05 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by gunsnewing:

they're still tslking about it!
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
1/22/2005  10:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by gunsnewing:

they're still tslking about it!

Oh, damn, thought that ended at 10.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/22/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by NYK3:

I feel bad for Lenny, its really not his fault. And on top of all this his mother is very sick. Take Care Lenny

i feel bad for his mother[although she must be up there is he 67]

as for feeling bad for lenny, the guy just juiced nearly 20mm$ from the knicks for a year

feel sorry for the dude with a bad back working on the docks with high blood pressure trying to feed his kids, feeling bad for lenny is absurd

really...it's stupid to feel bad for a guy who's going to make that kind of jack to play golf for the next 2 years.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/22/2005  11:49 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by NYK3:

I feel bad for Lenny, its really not his fault. And on top of all this his mother is very sick. Take Care Lenny

i feel bad for his mother[although she must be up there is he 67]

as for feeling bad for lenny, the guy just juiced nearly 20mm$ from the knicks for a year

feel sorry for the dude with a bad back working on the docks with high blood pressure trying to feed his kids, feeling bad for lenny is absurd

really...it's stupid to feel bad for a guy who's going to make that kind of jack to play golf for the next 2 years.

Anyone else hear of a guy being paid the rest of his contract AFTER HE RESIGNED? I sure as heck haven't. If he truly did resign, the Knicks sure wouldn't be liable for paying him another dime but we're supposed to believe that they're paying him $10M out of the goodness of their hearts? Come on now.

So what are the Knicks getting for their payola? An easy scapegoat and the appearance of no blood on Isiah's hands when everyone knows how bad it would make him look to fire HIS handpicked coach this quickly. Not bad work if you can get it.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/22/2005  11:54 PM
they offered him a job in the front office... Lenny's going to get paid.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/23/2005  12:02 AM
Key word being "offered". He hasn't decided if he was going to accept it, but Isiah said that Lenny would be paid the remainder of his contract regardless so that had nothing to do with it. Although that would have to be one heck of an office job to be paid that much. More than even Isiah.

It's ok to see through something as transparent as this. It doesn't make you a hater people.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
USA
1/23/2005  12:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Herb just showed me why he is a better coach for this team than Lenny. No knock on Lenny put he praised the team for making the playoffs and even praised them recently. Herb just said on MSG that yeah they made the playoffs last year but they weren't happy being swept and he wants the Knicks to go back to winning in the playoffs! I love you Herb!!!

Words, what else is he to say. We gushed like little girls when Isiah talked of championship dreams! Herb is cool, but lets not get shoot gell into our hair over a few nice words.
Nalod
USA
1/23/2005  12:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Words, what else is he to say. We gushed like little girls when Isiah talked of championship dreams! Herb is cool, but lets not get shoot gell into our hair over a few nice words.
News Flash! Lenny will retire tomorrow!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy