Hail Stat! Leadership At Last
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2014  10:00 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Amare is easily 2nd best player on team if he could go 36 every night he'd still be 20 10 2 2 the problem w the knicks is other than stat and melo everyone else scks phil jackson nice moves with quincy acy jose calderon jason smith!

the problem is that he gives up more points than he gets. So, having him on the floor for 36 minutes may not be a good thing.

There was a reason why he was ranked 425th out of 430 players in Real Plus Minus (RPM) last season.

That's just one stat though and it's definitely been criticized. Right now, his offensive and defensive ratings per 100 possessions are 113 and 107. I think he's playing at a pretty good level, though I definitely would not want him to be a top 4 player on the team.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/1/2014  10:03 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Amare is easily 2nd best player on team if he could go 36 every night he'd still be 20 10 2 2 the problem w the knicks is other than stat and melo everyone else scks phil jackson nice moves with quincy acy jose calderon jason smith!

the problem is that he gives up more points than he gets. So, having him on the floor for 36 minutes may not be a good thing.

There was a reason why he was ranked 425th out of 430 players in Real Plus Minus (RPM) last season.

That's just one stat though and it's definitely been criticized. Right now, his offensive and defensive ratings per 100 possessions are 113 and 107. I think he's playing at a pretty good level, though I definitely would not want him to be a top 4 player on the team.

last year he was 112 and 110. How did that work out?

Not sure about RPM's either but its hard to be number 425 out of 430 in anything.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2014  10:06 AM
mreinman wrote:

all of last year or just the end? Because I seem to remember him being in and out of the lineup and played very poorly until the end when he was probably the main reason we won a bunch of games.

I think after 20 games most are comfortable with just how bad a team this is. After Melo/Amare/Jose its debatable anyone else on the roster is a rotation player. JR continues to show his 6th man year was a one off. Shump is showing what his detractors (Im one) thought, that his good shooting is over and he's back to being the terrible player he's been since he was a Knick.

THjr may get another shot next year because his contract is friendly and he can give you scoring off the bench but his long term prospects dont impress me.

JVG nailed simply enough when he said this team has lack of talent.

Hopefully we can draft two guys, sign two guys and move forward with a good core. Pretty clear thats what this year is about. I was dead wrong about the build a culture and win some games thoughts.. this is a straight up purge.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman

12/1/2014  10:10 AM
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

all of last year or just the end? Because I seem to remember him being in and out of the lineup and played very poorly until the end when he was probably the main reason we won a bunch of games.

I think after 20 games most are comfortable with just how bad a team this is. After Melo/Amare/Jose its debatable anyone else on the roster is a rotation player. JR continues to show his 6th man year was a one off. Shump is showing what his detractors (Im one) thought, that his good shooting is over and he's back to being the terrible player he's been since he was a Knick.

THjr may get another shot next year because his contract is friendly and he can give you scoring off the bench but his long term prospects dont impress me.

JVG nailed simply enough when he said this team has lack of talent.

Hopefully we can draft two guys, sign two guys and move forward with a good core. Pretty clear thats what this year is about. I was dead wrong about the build a culture and win some games thoughts.. this is a straight up purge.

those were his season ending numbers. He did have a nice stretch at the end in garbage time.

If we are purging then I am not sure why the kids don't play more and why melo played almost a whole game yesterday.

And yes ... we stink

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2014  10:13 AM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Not sure about RPM's either but its hard to be number 425 out of 430 in anything.

The criticism is that the adjustments (the "real" part) are often based on too small a sample. For example, if you play almost all your minutes with Melo, it will adjust for Melo's impact by separately looking at how your team does when you're on the court but Melo is off. It will give a lot of weight to that even though it may be based on just 100 or so minutes. I'm not saying it's useless though.
mreinman

12/1/2014  10:23 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The criticism is that the adjustments (the "real" part) are often based on too small a sample. For example, if you play almost all your minutes with Melo, it will adjust for Melo's impact by separately looking at how your team does when you're on the court but Melo is off. It will give a lot of weight to that even though it may be based on just 100 or so minutes. I'm not saying it's useless though.

every stat can be criticized however any stat that has Amare at 425 and THJ dead freakin last is my type of stat

F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

12/1/2014  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  10:28 AM
Since this is a thread about Leadership

And player perspective from their perspective

Let's look at this Ticking Time Bomb

Looking at Ian Begley's Twitter we have all the evidence we need

Let's start with Melo's Front Running Comments 4weeks ago

This Came After the Cavs Victory We were 2-1 and we all know season's are won after 3gms

"I think just overall, not pointing anything out, but just overall from day one last year the energy was just not right," Anthony said after practice on Monday. "This year, you could just feel the total difference stepping into this gym, talking to guys, talking to the staff, talking to the players. Everybody has a newfound energy so it's just a lot different now."

Now on to Begley's Twitter

Iman's comments contradict's Melo's above

Amar'e and Fisher comments[thread starter] before last night's game

Melo's comments on Amar'e comments contradicting somewhat

Seems like Melo doesn't want to throw the team's effort under the bus[selfishly]

For the whole season so he pigeon holes it 1-2gms, how convenient

The 1-2gms you missed Melo is that what you're saying

If you look at what Amar'e said, his comments lead you to believe it's been

Beyond 1-2gms because how does a team full of players

Lose focus of craft and stewardship in just 1-2gms

I already highlighted last week how Smith and THJR's

Comments didn't marry each other, so THE BLIND CONTINUES TO LEAD THE BLIND nothing has changed

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/1/2014  10:43 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:I'm personally sick of crap like this from SHAT. He is the worst. This is fake leadership. You lead by example. He has been in the league for a long time and still relies on his athletic abitily to overcome his lack of understanding of the game. Guy is a horrific defender and makes comments like that. That's talking, not leading.

Ah same stuff that was posted about Zach Randolph. Scks at D cant do this cant d that. Ends up we made a terrible trade removing him for essentially nothing. Any player with talent put in the right setting should do well. Amare is not a 40 minute player--hes a reserve and its impossible to throw bottles at Amare. His first year here he looked like a similar prime version of Patrick Ewing. He got hurt---hes played very well for what he is--a guy who has been devastated by injury and limited to 24 minutes.

Our backcourt is putrid we have no real C we have so many gaps that its impossible to blame one guy and certainly Amare is not reason 1 why we sck.

I disagree with the comparison. Zack's game evolved a lot, while STATs regressed. ZACK learned to share the ball, and defend his position. He was always a double double machine. Same can't be said for STAT

Zach is a good player. Its an absurd comparison. Zach can actually play within an offense or ISO, whatever is called for. He can pass the ball. He's a quality rebounder. He plays winning ball. He's consistent as hell.

Not true--lets be real.

Amare at one point was a top 5-10 NBA player on a great Phoenix team. Unstoppable. His first year with the Knicks he avg 25 points 9 rebounds 3 assists 2 blocks. The contract was stupid because the md's told him what was going to happen. Since that time weve had a different Amare--still consistent but you look at his contract and then say well he scks on D hes stupid etc... hes limited in time and body. Would you be unhappy if he was giving us 25-9-3-2 right now? No because wed be 14-4 not 4-14. We took a 100mm $ risk with Amare--so stupid contract YES.

Not true? You respond to my comments that Zach is a good player and you don't even talk about Zach. Amare is an idiot basketball player. And, yes, it was a stupid contract.

Those are my two key points, stupid player and stupid contract, yet you dance around the topic like a Mexican jumping bean. Would you focus please?

Amare was a great player on a great team. Amare at his best was a better player than Zach Randolph. Hey we traded Zach to get Amare! Amare was jipped by injury. When healthy even if Amare couldnt tie his shoes--he was a top 5 NBA talent who was a shaq from the PF position.

Dude, who cares? This is the Stat is stupid thread. Besides, whatever points you think you're making are citing all kinds of back-dated expired information. Nobody cares about Phoenix-era Stat. Knicks-era Stat bites the big one. Besides, Zach doesn't play like a total moron. Stat does. That's the point. Plus he talks crap. He's an idiot who'd rather talk about all the things he himself doesn't do. His teammates must think he's a buffoon. Nobody in their right mind would take what this guy says seriously. They must go "uh huh" to his face all the time and he is too dense to realize they think his version of leadership is a total joke. Amare is a joke.

Yeah, I don't really see the relevance of the Phoenix play either.

Count the numbers of times Stat dribbles the ball off his feet and out of bounds. That's the greatest turnover type of all. He's got that part of his craft down cold. The team truly needs this type of rah-rah input from this guy.

Stat, please stop sounding like you're drinking too much of what you bathe in.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/1/2014  11:05 AM
Splat wrote:

I wouldn't even disagree with you, except it is still a sad commentary on the state of the Knicks. Saying Melo and Stat are our two best players is also a concession that our two best players sometimes excel at one end of the court. When your two best overpaid stars are one-way players and the rest of the team is in meltdown, it is small comfort saying Stat can get us some points in loss after loss. He can talk big and try to impose himself on other teams and occasionally he'll have his way on offense. Then on other nights, he'll fumble along with everyone else and not even be a factor on the offensive end. He's the antithesis of good basketball. Thank god he'll be out the door soon. He is no more a factor in building a winning culture than Mickey Mouse. He's a stupid basketball player no matter how much you love him.

This is kind of like you saying Kobe scks. You seem to have a vendetta against these two players? Well Amare was "an integral part" on teams that won 60 games+ twice went to the very tough Western C Finals was 3 time first team all NBA etc.. --was the best frontcourt player the Knicks had since Patrick Ewing his first year-- way better than Zach Randolph when he was here. I know you havent been here long--but 95% of Knicks fans wanted to remove Zach Randolph. If you say BRIGGS Amares contract was f stupid and a high risk--Ill agree with you. But I dont agree that Amare cant be part of a great team because he was. Stupid as stupid does whatever. Amare has had much more NBA success than Melo.
Now we value Amare by the 20mm he makes--but if he made 3-4mm he'd be one helluva value. I don't blame any of this on Amare---Amare s contract was all Dolan as were the last 15 years. Dolan is the schmuck.

RIP Crushalot😞
Splat
Member: #5862

12/1/2014  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  11:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

I wouldn't even disagree with you, except it is still a sad commentary on the state of the Knicks. Saying Melo and Stat are our two best players is also a concession that our two best players sometimes excel at one end of the court. When your two best overpaid stars are one-way players and the rest of the team is in meltdown, it is small comfort saying Stat can get us some points in loss after loss. He can talk big and try to impose himself on other teams and occasionally he'll have his way on offense. Then on other nights, he'll fumble along with everyone else and not even be a factor on the offensive end. He's the antithesis of good basketball. Thank god he'll be out the door soon. He is no more a factor in building a winning culture than Mickey Mouse. He's a stupid basketball player no matter how much you love him.

This is kind of like you saying Kobe scks. You seem to have a vendetta against these two players? Well Amare was "an integral part" on teams that won 60 games+ twice went to the very tough Western C Finals was 3 time first team all NBA etc.. --was the best frontcourt player the Knicks had since Patrick Ewing his first year-- way better than Zach Randolph when he was here. I know you havent been here long--but 95% of Knicks fans wanted to remove Zach Randolph. If you say BRIGGS Amares contract was f stupid and a high risk--Ill agree with you. But I dont agree that Amare cant be part of a great team because he was. Stupid as stupid does whatever. Amare has had much more NBA success than Melo.
Now we value Amare by the 20mm he makes--but if he made 3-4mm he'd be one helluva value. I don't blame any of this on Amare---Amare s contract was all Dolan as were the last 15 years. Dolan is the schmuck.

First off, I barely engaged in the Kobe conversations analytically about his game. All I was really commented on were the extreme delusions of people fantasizing mid-season trades for Kobe who is the polar opposite of what you bring into a club supposedly rebuilding. It was a dumb idea and that was what I commented on, so if you're going to pretend you're talking to me about things I said instead of your re-versioning of statements to fit your bias then get your story straight.

Further, I already told you what Amare was in Phoenix means jackchit to myself and almost every Knicks except you and a few stragglers who think Stat is actually a good basketball player. NO, BRIGGS, Amare cannot be part of a great team, because his athleticism is all he ever had and he had Steve Nash hand feeding him like a bird sanctuary that feeds wounded birds with an eye dropper.

Amare can't be part of a great team, because HE IS FUKKING STUPID and great teams don't add big giant idiot ballhogs who don't have a clue about defensive positioning or how to run offensive plays other than posting or setting a pick to complete their roster. No, San Antonio is not going to add him next season.

Amare is one of the worst "stars" I've ever seen since he's been a Knick. He's an embarassingly idiotic player of no consequence after this season, so don't pretend he factors into anything any longer. He's old news. He's gone. So worship Stat all you want. He's history.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
mreinman

12/1/2014  11:22 AM
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

First off, I barely engaged in the Kobe conversations analytically about his game. All I was really commented on were the extreme delusions of people fantasizing mid-season trades for Kobe who is the polar opposite of what you bring into a club supposedly rebuilding. It was a dumb idea and that was what I commented on, so if you're going to pretend you're talking to me about things I said instead of your re-versioning of statements to fit your bias then get your story straight.

Further, I already told you what Amare was in Phoenix means jackchit to myself and almost every Knicks except you and a few stragglers who think Stat is actually a good basketball player. NO, BRIGGS, Amare cannot be part of a great team, because his athleticism is all he ever had and he had Steve Nash hand feeding him like a bird sanctuary that feeds wounded birds with an eye dropper.

Amare can't be part of a great team, because HE IS FUKKING STUPID and great teams don't add big giant idiot ballhogs who don't have a clue about defensive positioning or how to run offensive plays other than posting or setting a pick to complete their roster. No, San Antonio is not going to add him next season.

Amare is one of the worst "stars" I've ever seen since he's been a Knick. He's an embarassingly idiotic player of no consequence after this season, so don't pretend he factors into anything any longer. He's old news. He's gone. So worship Stat all you want. He's history.

Didn't the Phx Suns make it to the WCF with Diaw in for Stat??

Splat

12/1/2014  11:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  11:36 AM
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

Doesn't even matter though. Guy responds by talking about Phoenix for whatever reason. I have a profound dislike of cheap sentimental attachments to stupid ballplayers who don't contribute a winning brand of ball to the club. They get their points and nothing more. Its boring. I can try to put up with Melo if we survive this season and come out of it with good players for next season, but Amare is not part of the future and I'm surprised anybody even cares that he plays since we're not winning jackchit this year and he can't do anything about it since he is completely one-dimensional. Yeah, I despise Amare's brand of basketball. At least 1 out of 2 overpaid ballhog idiots will be off the club soon. Happy Briggs?

mreinman

12/1/2014  11:41 AM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

Doesn't even matter though. Guy responds by talking about Phoenix for whatever reason. I have a profound dislike of cheap sentimental attachments to stupid ballplayers who don't contribute a winning brand of ball to the club. They get their points and nothing more. Its boring. I can try to put up with Melo if we survive this season and come out of it with good players for next season, but Amare is not part of the future and I'm surprised anybody even cares that he plays since we're not winning jackchit this year and he can't do anything about it since he is completely one-dimensional. Yeah, I despise Amare's brand of basketball. At least 1 out of 2 overpaid ballhog idiots will be off the club soon. Happy Briggs?

contract year a bit?

lot of talking ... too little too late.

How the worst defender (and dumbest) this franchise may have ever seen can talk about effort is beyond me.

See you in Tel Aviv next year so that you can teach your israeli brothers how to defend.

F500ONE

12/1/2014  12:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  1:22 PM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

This is kind of like fans blowing trumpets

And high steppin when it came to Melo and his career

They would say "Melo got Denver to the playoffs 7 straight yrs"

In my mind I'm verifying the results///// many first round exist

And the fact he didn't do this for the Knicks

It's like who cares that a player gave his best yrs to another franchise

We're not getting the same player

Now I'm wondering if Briggs drives a 12yr old GMC vehicle[truck] with 175,000 miles

Recently financing it at today's newly comped pricing

All because it had good tires, new paint job, and nice interior

Didn't check under the hood nor underside inspection of vehicle

So what it was motor trend car of the yr 9yrs ago

If you're gonna roll Hooptie get the better Hooptie

Otherwise trade that crap in and get an economically priced foreign econo sedan

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/1/2014  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  12:56 PM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

0----> At least 1 out of 2 overpaid ballhog idiots will be off the club soon.
Lets be real--we have more than 2 players who sck. Who doesnt sck on the kNicks? 1 or 2 players? HMMM? I like Melo I dont care who hates him IF we surrounded him with the right players--he's good enough to help the team win a LOT of games. Like I said I dont think this is a Melo Amare issue--really its everyone else. Tim Hardaway is by far the biggest disappointment to me. That is the killer for this year--I had high hopes for him. I believe we need to reconstruct him starting in the d league.

Brags we got 0 Calderon has scked through 6 games Jason Smith = crap Dalembart crp J R Smith crp Larkin maybe 3rd string on a good team same with prigs same with wear who else. Shumpert hes' given flashes but his bottom line is inconsistency and bad hair for his 4 years. Anyone else Quincy D league Acy? Cole Al;drich who I think could help this team a bit as a second line C doesnt even get run. I mean its a disaster. So again we can blame Amare and call Melo stupid two stupid guys but I dont think so. I think in the right conditions both players can be part of great teams and with Amare its proven. And lastly Amare plays hard every frikin night--he does. He has had a litany of massive injuries and he has just plowed through where other men wouldve quit and he plays hard. To call him stupid at this point in his career--is actually stupid

RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE

12/1/2014  1:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

0----> At least 1 out of 2 overpaid ballhog idiots will be off the club soon.
Lets be real--we have more than 2 players who sck. Who doesnt sck on the kNicks? 1 or 2 players? HMMM? I like Melo I dont care who hates him IF we surrounded him with the right players--he's good enough to help the team win a LOT of games. Like I said I dont think this is a Melo Amare issue--really its everyone else. Tim Hardaway is by far the biggest disappointment to me. That is the killer for this year--I had high hopes for him. I believe we need to reconstruct him starting in the d league.

Brags we got 0 Calderon has scked through 6 games Jason Smith = crap Dalembart crp J R Smith crp Larkin maybe 3rd string on a good team same with prigs same with wear who else. Shumpert hes' given flashes but his bottom line is inconsistency and bad hair for his 4 years. Anyone else Quincy D league Acy? Cole Al;drich who I think could help this team a bit as a second line C doesnt even get run. I mean its a disaster. So again we can blame Amare and call Melo stupid two stupid guys but I dont think so. I think in the right conditions both players can be part of great teams and with Amare its proven. And lastly Amare plays hard every frikin night--he does. He has had a litany of massive injuries and he has just plowed through where other men wouldve quit and he plays hard. To call him stupid at this point in his career--is actually stupid

First of all teams have been trying to do this

His whole career and have yet to crack the Melo teammate code of justice

Also we're not just trying to win a bunch of games for

Regular season accomplishment, doesn't mean jack squat

If you have no legit shot to win it all

Let's hope after we draft Okafor[lotto willing] it doesn't take us

13yrs and counting to figure out what combination of players

It takes to win and win big with him

Splat

12/1/2014  8:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2014  8:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Except he is stupid. Everything you've posted in this thread is evasion of the issue that Amare is a basketball moron. Almost everything you post is about the other players or Amare's distant past as if I or anyone else but you gives a damn.

Give up man. You've done better in other threads, but you have been an epic fail in this one. The best you can do finally is to say he works hard, thus he is what? Not Stupid? What kind of rhetorical gambit is that? I have credited him for being diligent and dedicated. I never said he didn't want to play or fulfill his contract. That has nothing do with anything here, yet you are flailing around mentioning totally irrelevant points to distract from the core issue that Amare doesn't know his azz from his elbow on the basketball court.

Look, I'm really fed up with this franchise not building a core of players with fundamental skills. Amare is anti-fundamentals. He is all effort and no brains. Defend that for what it is, but stop pretending anyone cares but you that he works hard when he is so damn stupid.

mreinman

12/1/2014  11:48 PM
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

awesome.

though feel free to dump on kobe

Splat

12/1/2014  11:50 PM
mreinman wrote:

what does kobe have to do with anything in this thread?

mreinman

12/1/2014  11:51 PM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:

what does kobe have to do with anything in this thread?

your quote

"I barely engaged in the Kobe conversations"

why not? he should be everything that you hate if you are being fair and balanced.

Hail Stat! Leadership At Last

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy