Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2007  8:10 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nixluva:

We do have shooting as I posted above: We have Q and Steph. Q was at 37.6% and Steph at 35.7% from 3. Jamal didn't have good 3pt shooting year but I expect him to improve with more of a focus on setting his feet. Nate is also a good 3Pt shooter at 39%. With a greater focus on this part of the game I expect to see some improvement.

This is the, excuse my expression, SHIT, I'm talking about. You say we HAVE (present tense) shooting, then refer to FUTURE to back up your point. Do you see the contradiction? Yes, you're lying. I'll give you Nate. Q is always injured, and is most years he's been an average three point shooter who takes a lot of them. Marbury is average to slightly above average. People were talking about having one VERY GOOD shooter, like Allan Houston, Glen Rice, etc... that we had in the past. We don't have that.

You need to get a grip. I wasn't arguing against a pure shooter like Kapono, you're making that argument. I like Kapono and what he brings. I'm saing that we have good perimeter shooting and of course part of what i'm talking about is the future. Most of the team is young and developing. In terms of Q who you now want to discount just because he had back problems, let's just deal with when he is on the court. When he's on the floor CAN HE SHOOT? YES! So can Jamal and Nate. Instead of adding Kapono Isiah wanted to address the need with a younger, cheaper player with more upside. I don't blame him for that price. Kapono is a sniper, but Isiah seems to feel he can get that and more our of his draft pick. The kid shot 69% in the predraft camp and tho that may not translate at least it shows the kind of potential he has as a shooter.

In terms of perimeter defenders, i'm including SF's cuz in this league they have to guard the perimeter too. Balkman covers the whole court. Q himself takes an abundance of shots from 3pt range and so do many SF's. I really wish you would take it easy with all the claims of me somehow trying to twist the arguments, cuz that's hardly the case.

AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/2/2007  12:47 AM
Crawford shot 32% from 3-point land. If you think that's a good percentage, you're mistaken. It's one of the reasons why he got the nickname of chucker, since he takes a flurry of shots and hits a relatively low percentage.

[Edited by - Solace on Jul 02 2007 12:47 AM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/2/2007  8:39 PM
this guy can shoot.

Kapono boost Raptor 's chance to repeat as ATLANTIC divchamps

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy