if you watched the game last night you see what I mean about Frye's rebounding
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

He also seems to drift into the paint a lot as his man moves around the perimeter leaving open shots. When he goes out on his man on the perimeter the angles that he plays are almost always off, leaving him in danger of back door cuts and back screens. It's just obvious he's never played the perimeter and hasn't figured out how to properly cut out angles.

you know what, you can say the above for all of the Knick perimiter players.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/26/2006  1:22 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bippity10:

He also seems to drift into the paint a lot as his man moves around the perimeter leaving open shots. When he goes out on his man on the perimeter the angles that he plays are almost always off, leaving him in danger of back door cuts and back screens. It's just obvious he's never played the perimeter and hasn't figured out how to properly cut out angles.

you know what, you can say the above for all of the Knick perimiter players.

Yup! At least Frye and David have reasons. But our guards and SF's are the same way. It's like they've never been taught by any coach ever. And now we have fans that want to fire the guy that is finally trying to teach them.
I just hope that people will like me
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/26/2006  1:23 PM
Not to call out Crawford, but the way that guy plays against the pick and roll is worse than what most 8th graders could do playing at the NBA level.
I just hope that people will like me
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/26/2006  1:24 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Frye is a really good rookie and will be a good player, but we made a HUGE mistake not taking Bynum. If you believe that defense and rebounding=championships, and realizing that no matter the short cut, we werent going to be a good team for a few years--we shouldve taken the guy with the higher upside on the defensive side of the court.

Teams that have good defensive players give themselves a good chance to win. Our ENTIRE roster is not built like that, so matter the mumbo jumbo that LB puts together it wont win because its not balanced.

he's putting up worse #'s than Jerome James for crying out loud... you'd think a player w/so much promise could get some playing time over Chris Mihm & Kwame Brown in LA, but it hasn't been the case... while i have no doubt the kid has promise like you say, to hear you say that we made a HUGE mistake taking a rookie of the year candidate in Frye instead makes me wonder just what you're basing this argument on except to validate your own choice during last year's draft.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
realhiphop
Member: #533
1/26/2006  1:30 PM
I agree 100%. You keep flip flopping on your point of view regarding Frye. He's still learning the PF spot. He certainly isn't soft, has a great attitude and work ethic, and wants to learn the game. Can the same be said about Bynum?
if you watched the game last night you see what I mean about Frye's rebounding

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy