Free Woods....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2006  11:38 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Woods played great in GARBAGE TIME. The time that is reserved for bench players against other teams bench players. Lets not kid ourselves here.

did you watch the game? he didn't play in garbage time man but I can see how you assume he did since Ariza gets all of his minutes

AUTOADVERT
TemujinKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1022

1/24/2006  11:51 AM
He played great early in the game while we still had a chance to win it.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2006  11:55 AM
LB sees these guys in practice everyday... i'm sure he's trying to figure out the best solution, but he obviously feels starting David Lee is the best option for now... that tells me all i need to know about both Trevor Ariza & Qyntel Woods... they don't have that great of a basketball IQ... Lee at least doesn't make dumb decisions w/the ball on offense, & he gives you great rebounding from the SF position... he'll get abused by quicker 3's who can break you down off the dribble, but then Ariza will get abused by more physical 3's who can post you up down low... Qyntel has the physical ability & tools to be their best option at the SF, but LB obviously feels more comfortable w/Lee in the starting rotation... i think LB probably knows alot better than anyone of us who deserves minutes & who doesn't from watching how these guys play in practice & how well they're getting the plays he wants them to run... maybe if Qyntel sticks around another year, he'll work his way into more playing time.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-24-2006 11:56 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  12:01 PM
Posted by TMS:

LB sees these guys in practice everyday... i'm sure he's trying to figure out the best solution, but he obviously feels starting David Lee is the best option for now... that tells me all i need to know about both Trevor Ariza & Qyntel Woods... they don't have that great of a basketball IQ... Lee at least doesn't make dumb decisions w/the ball on offense, & he gives you great rebounding from the SF position... he'll get abused by quicker 3's who can break you down off the dribble, but then Ariza will get abused by more physical 3's who can post you up down low... Qyntel has the physical ability & tools to be their best option at the SF, but LB obviously feels more comfortable w/Lee in the starting rotation... i think LB probably knows alot better than anyone of us who deserves minutes & who doesn't from watching how these guys play in practice & how well they're getting the plays he wants them to run... maybe if Qyntel sticks around another year, he'll work his way into more playing time.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-24-2006 11:56 AM]

good post. I'm not expecting Larry to start him since he didn't have a full camp and still has to earn playing time over Lee but it wouldn't hurt to give him consistent minutes over Ariza/Rose so we can see what he can do. Larry likes him so he'll give him minutes eventually.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  12:12 PM
Posted by TemujinKnick:

He played great early in the game while we still had a chance to win it.

right we were only down 5 in the 1st half where Woods got most of his minutes and points. Then we were outscored right out of the gates in the 3rd, where they outscored us 31-20 and when Woods finally came back in the 4th and made some more nice hustle plays, key stops and key rebounds, we started came back but it was too late. I think Woods will get some minutes tonight
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2006  3:17 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by bigbeast:

Seems to be thinking too much when he finaly has his number called.

It's not just Woods.....you can say that about every player on the Knicks except Nate and Frye.

I think Woods has the right attitude on the court. I remember the first game he had as a Knicks he was open several times and was calling for the ball. He shows good skill and a decent rebounding ability. The dude needs minutes.....

With all that said....Brown has no clue what he's doing so it doesn't even matter.

We might eventually see Woods starting.....too bad Knicks don't play the Memphis Grizzlies till Feb. 1st.....Woods might not be here by the time it's his turn to start for his home town.

I guess my little rant may be be close to coming true.

What happened to the real Larry Brown?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/24/2006  3:23 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

it's about time we bring this thread back since Woods looked like a star last game! Don't be surprised if he gets some burn again tomorrow..

FREE WOODS!!!!

a star? are you kidding me?

I kid you not!

He's not a star, man. He's a decent 10th man, at best.

Why do you say that cuz he hasn't had a break out game yet? I think the New Orleans game was kinda along those lines.....I'm rooting for the guy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/24/2006  3:58 PM
peace Guns-

Im half-way on board with you. I think Q-woods should def get more minutes and I mind seeing Brown start him just to see what he can contribute. He's the only legit Sf on the roster.

I'm not ready to dub him a future star yet. Most of his baskets come on layups and dunks usually in the open court. He's yet to show that he has the ability to put the ball on the floor and create his onw shot in a halfcourt situation. His jumper is also incosistant. Still better than Arizas however.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
EnySpree

1/24/2006  8:36 PM
Woods is a lot better than ariza. Some guys not just on here but all over have made ariza their pet. I refuse to talk knicks with my father cuz of this. He like most guys say when ariza gets a jumpshot watch put. Where does he get a jumper? EBay? Ariza is an jumper that's it. He's not a basketball player.

Woods is a basketball player. I'm rooting for him hard. He has a body similiar to Tim Thomas but you can see in woods eyes that he wants to be a star. He wants to take on challenges. Its written on his face when he plays.

Go woods.
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

1/24/2006  8:42 PM
Ariza was a steal for the mid second round, and he showed a lot of promise last year, but he just hasn't improved enough. Q shows more of a complete package potentially. They both deserve time. But if a good trade comes up that involves Ariza I'd do it no problem now.
Ira
Member: #91
1/24/2006  8:50 PM
When LB announced a set rotation Woods was in it. But his defense was so bad, that he had to take him out. Once his defense gets better, he'll see more time. Brown lobbied for him, so I don't think there will be a problem with Woods being held back.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/24/2006  9:20 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Woods is a lot better than ariza. Some guys not just on here but all over have made ariza their pet. I refuse to talk knicks with my father cuz of this. He like most guys say when ariza gets a jumpshot watch put. Where does he get a jumper? EBay? Ariza is an jumper that's it. He's not a basketball player. Woods is a basketball player. I'm rooting for him hard. He has a body similiar to Tim Thomas but you can see in woods eyes that he wants to be a star. He wants to take on challenges. Its written on his face when he plays.

Go woods.

funny enyspree, but maybe he works over the summer the next two years on his jumper and he improves? I mean are you saying that is impossible? by then he will be the ripe old age of what? 22! Listen to your dad and respect your elders or I will have Iceman over here to straighten you out in a jiffy!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/24/2006  9:27 PM
TKF where is the old ICEMAN these days ?? Tell him the " dog " is still hangin !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
tkf
1/24/2006  9:44 PM
Posted by OngBok:

TKF where is the old ICEMAN these days ?? Tell him the " dog " is still hangin !!

Ice hangs out at another board, I used to IM him a lot and we would have our usual fights, but I haven't spoken to him in a while....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  9:47 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

peace Guns-

Im half-way on board with you. I think Q-woods should def get more minutes and I mind seeing Brown start him just to see what he can contribute. He's the only legit Sf on the roster.

I'm not ready to dub him a future star yet. Most of his baskets come on layups and dunks usually in the open court. He's yet to show that he has the ability to put the ball on the floor and create his onw shot in a halfcourt situation. His jumper is also incosistant. Still better than Arizas however.

well I was just because sarcastic. I never said he was going to be a star lol I said he played like a star the other night He still has to do it consistently. Some of the shots he hit where shots he created for himself in the halfcourt. Thats what I was refering to when I said he played like a star

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-24-2006 9:48 PM]
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/24/2006  10:36 PM
Are we really at the point where we are thinking that Q Woods could be the answer at small forward...There is still time to turn this around..let see what happens when Steph gets back...Q Woods looks nice physically but the tools are far as I can see just aren't there...His game is more polished than Ariza's at this point but can you really say it looks like this guy has more upside than Ariza...At least you can look at Ariza and see his short comings and know what he needs to work on...In Q Woods, you just don't know and that's a caution flag for me...What does he need to work on, defense, jump shot,court awareness....I just don't get the feeling that Q-Woods game will get better with more time...I hope I'm wrong....With Ariza at least there are flashes of what could be down the road....But neither are ready to start for this team....Or David Lee for that matter...But if I had to choose I would go with Ariza because I think when this kid gets some confidence he can be a difference maker...I'm really not sure of the others at this time....I pray this guy locks in a barn his days off taking 1000 shots a night...But if he cuts down the silly turnovers learns how to finish in traffic, we could have something...His biggest asset now is he can play a little D and plays the passing lanes well...He can be disruptive...Q-Woods shows me nothing deserving of a shot at starting....But thats just me....I hope I'm wrong and wish all these Kids get better...I'm tired of waiting...
EnySpree

1/24/2006  11:54 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by OngBok:

Ice hangs out at another board, I used to IM him a lot and we would have our usual fights, but I haven't spoken to him in a while....

Man me and ice used to have some epic battles. We used to theaten each other but then be cool as hell the next second. We used to aim each other too especially during fantasy time.

Yo man we were the reason they shut down the daily news forums!!! We had that thing locked. Freestyle days were the best. The good old days.

tkf
1/25/2006  12:47 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by OngBok:

Man me and ice used to have some epic battles. We used to theaten each other but then be cool as hell the next second. We used to aim each other too especially during fantasy time.

Yo man we were the reason they shut down the daily news forums!!! We had that thing locked. Freestyle days were the best. The good old days.

I remember when he challenged you to meet him somewhere and you told him to make sure he brings his keyboard with him...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnySpree

1/25/2006  12:55 AM
Ariza is still young and he was a steal last year mostly because of his potential. Ariza is not getting better at anything. Not even with the things he already does well. David lee learned how to knock down the long jumper somewhere between now and the start of the season. Woods defense got a lot better from the time he got here. What's up with ariza? You mean to tell me a kid this kid plays the wing and doesn't have a decent handle? Where the hell has he been? All the kids his age can handle. He absolutely can't post up at all....check that, dude can't create anything. Not even a little space. He can't score either. If the guy is close to the rim I'd rather him call a time put that try to put it back up. He needs to go to the damn d-league....he actually needs to spend a week with me. Ill get him on the right track.

Everyone that has came in have beaten ariza out of the job.

Ariza is just not a ball player yet. I don't mind keeping him, but I'm not a fan of his right now. I wish we could **** him down so bad its not funny.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/25/2006  1:13 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Ariza is still young and he was a steal last year mostly because of his potential. Ariza is not getting better at anything. Not even with the things he already does well. David lee learned how to knock down the long jumper somewhere between now and the start of the season. Woods defense got a lot better from the time he got here. What's up with ariza? You mean to tell me a kid this kid plays the wing and doesn't have a decent handle? Where the hell has he been? All the kids his age can handle. He absolutely can't post up at all....check that, dude can't create anything. Not even a little space. He can't score either. If the guy is close to the rim I'd rather him call a time put that try to put it back up. He needs to go to the damn d-league....he actually needs to spend a week with me. Ill get him on the right track.

Everyone that has came in have beaten ariza out of the job.

Ariza is just not a ball player yet. I don't mind keeping him, but I'm not a fan of his right now. I wish we could **** him down so bad its not funny.

Can't dribble, he played some point the last game....I have never seem Lee put it on the floor and go to the hole....I have never seen Lee or Woods for that matter initiate their own shot...Please stop with the D-League...Lee baskets hang for the rebound all the time leaving people wide open for the three....Happens because his natural position is the 4...Lee cannot stay with one player in this league at that position...Ariza is a better defender at the position...I'm baffled at all the love Woods and Lee is getting....Amazing....
Free Woods....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy