Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
7/19/2005  8:39 PM
Sim...way to come through.

Posted by simrud:

I'm just glad I was not the one being castigated for not agreeing with this thread title, I'm kinda tired of being called a closet Net fan right after sayin Knicks arent that good and I hate the Nets. Go figure.
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/19/2005  8:40 PM
it's not a loser's mentality...that's where you're wrong...it's a conservative mentality that stems from 5 consecutive seasons where high expectations were met with bitter disappointments & realizations that this team just isn't where we had hoped it would be...those of us who decide not to get too excited about roster moves or the "deepness" of the roster are choosing to remain reserved in our estimations of the talent level of this team until we actually see these guys play some games...there's nothing wrong w/being optimistic, but you can't have unrealistic expectations of this team...you're just setting yourself up for some disappointments later on if you do...believe me, i've made that mistake in the past as well.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  8:44 PM
I think we are plenty deep, unfortunately, we have to wait to really know the truth...in my mind last year was a fluke...no way we are a 30 win team...at best, we are the 500 team zeke proclaimed us to be...H20 down, Craw, TT and others missed games, we didn't have a center and TT had the beginning season funk.

We replaced houston with Q (very huge upgrade) drafted nate and lee and frye (all could be starters eventually) and we still have marbs, craw and sweets.

We added a center and Ariza has grown (he is still only 20 years old).

don't forget about the 4 headed PF monster of MoT (starter), Rose (starter), JYD (hustle) and Butler (nbdl stand out).

We're plenty deep, unfortunately, we just don't have the stats to back up the claim.

But, thinking seriously about our team and who we have on it...we're plenty deep and deeper than the Heat...and that's all I'm concerned about at this time...deeper than the team that made it to the eastern conference finals game 7.

roblackman
Member: #926
7/19/2005  8:45 PM
Posted by TMS:

it's not a loser's mentality...that's where you're wrong...it's a conservative mentality that stems from 5 consecutive seasons where high expectations were met with bitter disappointments & realizations that this team just isn't where we had hoped it would be...those of us who decide not to get too excited about roster moves or the "deepness" of the roster are choosing to remain reserved in our estimations of the talent level of this team until we actually see these guys play some games...there's nothing wrong w/being optimistic, but you can't have unrealistic expectations of this team...you're just setting yourself up for some disappointments later on if you do...believe me, i've made that mistake in the past as well.

I think you're going to get the most of the players if you set high expectations for them--what do you think Larry Brown will do? My feelings don't get hurt if the players don't perform well.
And the reply is...a post that makes sense (still waiting)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/19/2005  9:34 PM
Posted by roblackman:

Alot of fans have a loser's mentality. I don't care if we have Jerome James or Lebron James--I just expect to see winning basketball regardless of the names on the roster. If you expect to lose, that's what you'll get.
man... I didnt realize this. Let me apologize to all my fellow Knick fans. Starting with a couple years ago; when we had a frontcourt of Spree/Harrington/Kurt and Eisley starting at PG I thought we would be lucky to win 30 games. Had I been more enthusiastic perhaps we would have won the division and gone deep into the playoffs. Sorry for that. I still watch every minute of every game because I'm a die hard fan. I dont pay for tickets anymore because of the talent, and again I'm sorry for that. I didnt realize my low expectations were costing us wins.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
roblackman
7/19/2005  9:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by roblackman:

Alot of fans have a loser's mentality. I don't care if we have Jerome James or Lebron James--I just expect to see winning basketball regardless of the names on the roster. If you expect to lose, that's what you'll get.
man... I didnt realize this. Let me apologize to all my fellow Knick fans. Starting with a couple years ago; when we had a frontcourt of Spree/Harrington/Kurt and Eisley starting at PG I thought we would be lucky to win 30 games. Had I been more enthusiastic perhaps we would have won the division and gone deep into the playoffs. Sorry for that. I still watch every minute of every game because I'm a die hard fan. I dont pay for tickets anymore because of the talent, and again I'm sorry for that. I didnt realize my low expectations were costing us wins.

I would accept your apology but I don't think it was sincere.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/19/2005  9:37 PM
floppy mike, err, I mean fishmike, am I the only one noticing that you tailor your knick backing to who you plan on attacking at the moment.

Some days you're like "we've got what we need" other days your like "we suck"

I mean, show some consistency or just say you hate roblackman...it's easier for me to know when to ignore your posts.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/19/2005  10:19 PM
So, word control strikes again!

Be carefull you are approaching Bonn teritory. Next thin you know you'll have a poster of Sweetney 50 feet high in your bedroom lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/19/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by simrud:

So, word control strikes again!

Be carefull you are approaching Bonn teritory. Next thin you know you'll have a poster of Sweetney 50 feet high in your bedroom lol.
Bonn territory? sounds cool whatever it is!
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
7/19/2005  11:20 PM
bY rvhoss
floppy mike, err, I mean fishmike, am I the only one noticing that you tailor your knick backing to who you plan on attacking at the moment.

I mean, show some consistency or just say you hate roblackman..

He is not the only one doing it. lol, hell, half the posters here !
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/20/2005  12:22 AM
Honestly I don't know how anybody can look at this roster ( which seems like a bunch of players on West 4th choosing sides) and say you know what to expect.

Sht we dint even know what ITs actual plan is. This team seems like they will have absolutly no chemistry
ES
roblackman
7/20/2005  12:24 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

Sht we dint even know what ITs actual plan is. This team seems like they will have absolutly no chemistry

Chemistry will take time, good news is Jerome James already said he thought Q was cute, so there's possibly some good chemistry.
fishmike
USA
7/20/2005  8:40 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

I mean, show some consistency or just say you hate roblackman...it's easier for me to know when to ignore your posts.
you are what you are. I am very excited about some of the new players, as I am every year. I will continue to watch every game because I love the team. I wont pretend that every year we are going from 30 wins to 50 wins just because the kool-aid tastes good today.

I just call it like I see it, and I still see a team with a ton of problems. Larry will help, but he will also have his knocks (he's got a history of letting some guys rot on the bench).

I did think it was hysterical that someone would actually write that low fan expectations actually had an impact on the results of the game. Now THATS funny
roblackman
7/20/2005  8:42 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I did think it was hysterical that someone would actually write that low fan expectations actually had an impact on the results of the game. Now THATS funny

Where did I say that? I just said you had a loser's mentality and I wouldn't want you as a coach.
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
7/20/2005  9:50 AM
Fish man you should just go to work if you are going to wake up early to put in some msgs
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
fishmike
USA
7/20/2005  10:02 AM
Posted by roblackman:

Where did I say that? I just said you had a loser's mentality and I wouldn't want you as a coach.
Right here.. its in the same thread.
Originally posted by roblackman:

Hey.. you wrote it.
roblackman
7/20/2005  10:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by roblackman:

Right here.. its in the same thread.
Originally posted by roblackman:

Hey.. you wrote it.

What I said was ambiguous and you read it one way. I had two thoughts 1) that I expect the team to win and I expect the players to expect to win and 2) if you expect to lose, usually you will--I'm talking about YOU not the team or someone you cheer for.
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/20/2005  10:11 AM
once again, score another for fishy...so far i have it:

Fish 88 - Roblackman - 87.

8 seconds left. Fish is at the line shooting 2.
roblackman
7/20/2005  10:12 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

once again, score another for fishy...so far i have it:

Fish 88 - Roblackman - 87.

8 seconds left. Fish is at the line shooting 2.

You keep stats like summer league officials.

There's nothing difficult to understand here: I expect to win because I expect the individual players to expect to win because if any one individual expects to lose usually he will.

[Edited by - roblackman on 07/20/2005 10:14:31]
rvhoss
Switzerland
7/20/2005  10:35 AM
and ro pulls up and gets fouled AND drains the 3.

Possible 4 point play.

90 - 90, no time on the clock...RoBlackman steps to the line...
Deepest Team in the NBA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy