Member: #671
USA
1/14/2016  10:58 AM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The refs frickin' jobbed Rolo all night. From the very first clean block he had on Brook to all the times he was fouled and it wasn't called.

The refs made this game an uphill battle for the Knicks. I still feel they should have won with better game management.

It really feels like they just let a winnable game get away from them, even being tired and without Melo.

Fisher has been doing well lately, but I was not happy with the way he coached tonight. Too many matchups they could've exploited and did not.

This^. So true

Late in the game I saw Jose trying to post up Larkin. Play went the other way. However they should have been doing that a ton. With guys like larkin or Isaiah you need to punish the team for using those small quick guys

Likewise if our screens/picks are a little subpar set up some double screens. It not only will help on that play but it's a little dig/wake up call to ur guys to do a better job w their screens bc the coach thinks you need help

I hope this lose is not lost on the team. They need to learn from it. They lacked the menTal toughness at the end that was needed on a fugly night.

It really felt like poor game management all around. There was one point in the game when the way things were going I thought they should be winning and they were actually trailing by three. I don't think they took the Nets seriously enough after some of their higher profile opponents lately.

Afflalo should've been posting up Ellington from the first quarter. There was a point in the second quarter, I think the Nets got into the penalty with 7 minutes to go in the quarter and the Knicks didn't punish them nearly enough for that. DWill did, but no one else. That's when you post up Rolo, post up Afflalo, post up KP - get fouls and get to the line and get their best players in foul trouble.

Like I said, I've been happy with Fisher lately, but I thought he did a bad job last night. It almost felt like he was unprepared for Melo to miss the game.

totally agree and remember that sequence. I was watching the Brooklyn feed (league pass) and even the Nets announcers said uh oh when they got in the penalty so soon. And then we didn't exploit it. They even could have told Jerian and Gallo to drive and force the situation

Also with the team in a funk i was surprised that Fisher only turned to Sasha for 4 minutes, and that he didn't try KOQ or Seraphin to play hard and perhaps earn minutes (granted they've each been figuratively and literally giant enigmas)

yeah, Sasha was +8 in 3:30 and played solid D on their guards, which we desperately needed last night. I was surprised he didn't get another run in the second half. ah well.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/14/2016  11:14 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The refs frickin' jobbed Rolo all night. From the very first clean block he had on Brook to all the times he was fouled and it wasn't called.

The refs made this game an uphill battle for the Knicks. I still feel they should have won with better game management.

It really feels like they just let a winnable game get away from them, even being tired and without Melo.

Fisher has been doing well lately, but I was not happy with the way he coached tonight. Too many matchups they could've exploited and did not.

This^. So true

Late in the game I saw Jose trying to post up Larkin. Play went the other way. However they should have been doing that a ton. With guys like larkin or Isaiah you need to punish the team for using those small quick guys

Likewise if our screens/picks are a little subpar set up some double screens. It not only will help on that play but it's a little dig/wake up call to ur guys to do a better job w their screens bc the coach thinks you need help

I hope this lose is not lost on the team. They need to learn from it. They lacked the menTal toughness at the end that was needed on a fugly night.

It really felt like poor game management all around. There was one point in the game when the way things were going I thought they should be winning and they were actually trailing by three. I don't think they took the Nets seriously enough after some of their higher profile opponents lately.

Afflalo should've been posting up Ellington from the first quarter. There was a point in the second quarter, I think the Nets got into the penalty with 7 minutes to go in the quarter and the Knicks didn't punish them nearly enough for that. DWill did, but no one else. That's when you post up Rolo, post up Afflalo, post up KP - get fouls and get to the line and get their best players in foul trouble.

Like I said, I've been happy with Fisher lately, but I thought he did a bad job last night. It almost felt like he was unprepared for Melo to miss the game.

Did you happen to notice if KP was gassed in the 4th when Fisher took him out with about 5 or 6 minutes to go? He had just stopped the Nyets singlehandedly, 3 possessions in a row by changing 2 shots and blocking another. Fish sat him and the Nyets put in Bropez and they scored 3 times straight, mostly at the rim and midrange.

By the time he put KP back in, the game was over. WTF?

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
USA
1/14/2016  11:16 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Did you happen to notice if KP was gassed in the 4th when Fisher took him out with about 5 or 6 minutes to go? He had just stopped the Nyets singlehandedly, 3 possessions in a row by changing 2 shots and blocking another. Fish sat him and the Nyets put in Bropez and they scored 3 times straight, mostly at the rim and midrange.

By the time he put KP back in, the game was over. WTF?

Have to give Fisher the benefit of the doubt and assume he was gassed by then. Though honestly, Grant and Calderon and Galloway looked more gassed. I think Sasha should've gotten at least a little run in the third quarter to give our guards a breather.

¿ △ ?
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/14/2016  12:54 PM
NO Sorry Nyets last night !

Nyk get a pass due to fatigue, foul troubles
but Brook-Lyn played well & most of night eventually they was going to catch the Knicks
based NewYork recent success vs Nets prior few games

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
crzymdups
USA
1/14/2016  5:30 PM
League again admits missing a call against the Knicks. Think they only track this inside two minutes, but gives you a flavor for how the game was called. Knicks were down 4 at this point, two DWill FTs would've cut it to 2. Never happened, I believe Joe Johnson hit a jumper on the next possession to push the Nets lead to 6 instead.

Knicks could've done a lot of things better last night, but those refs were atrocious.

¿ △ ?
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/15/2016  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2016  12:20 AM
crzymdups wrote:League again admits missing a call against the Knicks. Think they only track this inside two minutes, but gives you a flavor for how the game was called. Knicks were down 4 at this point, two DWill FTs would've cut it to 2. Never happened, I believe Joe Johnson hit a jumper on the next possession to push the Nets lead to 6 instead.

Knicks could've done a lot of things better last night, but those refs were atrocious.

We were playing the 11-28 Loser-Nets in Barkley Center .. if we let the Loser-Nets get close enough for the refs to give them the win then we deserve the LOSS.
This was our 3rd game in 4 nights, and our wise coach Fisher ran a 8 man rotation to TANK this game!

Knicks vs. Sorry Nyets - Rolo v. Brolo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy