ChuckBuck wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:Great team effort..just ridiculous bias assessment of Melo game on this board. I think he did a great job of not forcing shots when he didn't have it. Great Great game by Kristaps. He is a beast. It's okay to have two superstars you root for on a team.

didn't force that much ... was just plain terrible. Also, he did not really look to create open shots for his mates.

He wasn't that bad. gross exaggeration. He isn't the point guard. He has had great passing games this season. He isn't gonna do that every night especially when he doesn't have his legs. Just like KP had a quiet game last night. It's a team game. Great Win.

great win despite melo (which a very good thing)

0 assists and 3 turnovers. If you have tired legs, make plays for your teammates. He is just not that type of star. If he is hitting his shot then he is great, if he is not, he is bleh

Truthfully Melo should've sat out tonight.

Fisher should seriously consider sitting Melo on the back end of back to backs.

Dickhead didn't help at all

My dudes, he was in foul trouble. He also hit an insanely important shot or two in the fourth quarter and shot 5-10 and had 14pts and 6rebs in 23miniutes and played very good defense.

No need to pick sides. KP won it tonight, Melo won it last night.

Dude had no legs, it was obvious. Not picking sides.

If you can't play effectively, just sit and rest.

That is up to the coach.

Most competitors are not going to volunteer to sit down.

True, though Dwight Howard sat out tonight. Not sure who's call that was.

Dwight is a diva.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/21/2015  11:24 PM
Andrew wrote:Knicks are the 8th seed right now.

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/21/2015  11:25 PM
dwight is killing houston ... terribly overrated idiot
so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

11/21/2015  11:27 PM
I really hope people realize how good calderon was tonight.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/21/2015  11:30 PM
mreinman wrote:dwight is killing houston ... terribly overrated idiot
i hate dwight such a diva. Remember what he did to stan van gundy in orlando. Such a shame a guy with his talent has little heart/desire
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/21/2015  11:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Andrew wrote:Knicks are the 8th seed right now.

Playoffs! Playoffs!! Playoffs!!! We talking Playoffs???

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/22/2015  12:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:Great team effort..just ridiculous bias assessment of Melo game on this board. I think he did a great job of not forcing shots when he didn't have it. Great Great game by Kristaps. He is a beast. It's okay to have two superstars you root for on a team.

didn't force that much ... was just plain terrible. Also, he did not really look to create open shots for his mates.

He wasn't that bad. gross exaggeration. He isn't the point guard. He has had great passing games this season. He isn't gonna do that every night especially when he doesn't have his legs. Just like KP had a quiet game last night. It's a team game. Great Win.

great win despite melo (which a very good thing)

0 assists and 3 turnovers. If you have tired legs, make plays for your teammates. He is just not that type of star. If he is hitting his shot then he is great, if he is not, he is bleh

Truthfully Melo should've sat out tonight.

Fisher should seriously consider sitting Melo on the back end of back to backs.

Dickhead didn't help at all

My dudes, he was in foul trouble. He also hit an insanely important shot or two in the fourth quarter and shot 5-10 and had 14pts and 6rebs in 23miniutes and played very good defense.

No need to pick sides. KP won it tonight, Melo won it last night.

Dude had no legs, it was obvious. Not picking sides.

If you can't play effectively, just sit and rest.

That is up to the coach.

Most competitors are not going to volunteer to sit down.

True, though Dwight Howard sat out tonight. Not sure who's call that was.

Dwight is a diva.

I think the team has decided no back to backs at this point.

Given how Houston's early season has gone, though, I would have forced them to play me if I was Howard.

Capela was very active, however, and benefited from some of our bigs not boxing out, just like KP has benefited because this basic BB skill seems to be missing big time in today's game.

Houston actually played some inspired ball, tonight, which makes this win even more special, IMO, and they might actually have done better with Howard in street clothes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
11/22/2015  12:08 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Given how Houston's early season has gone, though, I would have forced them to play me if I was Howard.

Capela was very active, however, and benefited from some of our bigs not boxing out, just like KP has benefited because this basic BB skill seems to be missing big time in today's game.

Houston actually played some inspired ball, tonight, which makes this win even more special, IMO, and they might actually have done better with Howard in street clothes.

I agree Houston played very well. Their own announcers said as much. They were "up" for this game... and the Knicks won on the strength of KP and heady team D and timely shooting. It was a great win.

Dwight has not been the same player for the past 2-3 years. His athleticism was what made him special and it is seemingly gone after the back injuries. I have never liked him. The whole Houston team gives off an unsavory vibe to me for some reason. Though I have hated their guts since 94 no matter who is on the team.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/22/2015  12:09 AM
I would have loved to see howard play tonight against KP and crew. he probably did not want to be kristapped
y2zipper
Member: #3287

11/22/2015  12:57 AM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I agree Houston played very well. Their own announcers said as much. They were "up" for this game... and the Knicks won on the strength of KP and heady team D and timely shooting. It was a great win.

Dwight has not been the same player for the past 2-3 years. His athleticism was what made him special and it is seemingly gone after the back injuries. I have never liked him. The whole Houston team gives off an unsavory vibe to me for some reason. Though I have hated their guts since 94 no matter who is on the team.

Dwight's been okay. People forget is was Howard and Josh Smith that turned the tide of the Clipper series last year while Harden was riding the pine. Dwight just doesn't have a huge impact on the offensive end because he can't create for others and isn't quite as athetic as be used to be. He's still at 13.6 rebounds a game. I think he's underrated and takes blame for things that aren't on him because he doesn't have the flashy offensive game.

It's actually Harden that's been awful this early season. Harden is quite a volume shooter at the worst percentage of his career and he doesn't fit with Lawson...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/22/2015  1:28 AM
From ESPN:

Porzingis became the first 20-year-old to post his stat line in a single game since Shaquille O'Neal in 1992-93. Did the Knicks really foresee seven-block nights out of the rookie?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/22/2015  2:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:From ESPN:

Porzingis became the first 20-year-old to post his stat line in a single game since Shaquille O'Neal in 1992-93. Did the Knicks really foresee seven-block nights out of the rookie?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/22/2015  6:31 AM
A lot to be excited about.
One thing I just noticed that shocked me though is Afflalo has played almost 200 minutes this year and hasn't gotten a steal or a block! In 200 min, you'd think at least one steal would just slip into the guy's hands.
crzymdups
USA
11/22/2015  10:30 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:A lot to be excited about.
One thing I just noticed that shocked me though is Afflalo has played almost 200 minutes this year and hasn't gotten a steal or a block! In 200 min, you'd think at least one steal would just slip into the guy's hands.

I don't know about a steal, but he defended Harden very well last night. Especially on the last few possessions.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/22/2015  10:44 AM

I am painfully aware of this. Dude's on my roto league teams.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2015  10:45 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

I am painfully aware of this. Dude's on my roto league teams.

You should have grabbed Gallo

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/22/2015  10:54 AM
Don't know what the Rockets were thinking when they traded for Lawson- once the extent of his alcoholism became clearer, they should have known that 3-4 weeks rehab in summer was not going to sort it.

When players are younger they seem to be capable of still playing well, but as they hit their latter 20s, it seems to start catching up with them. Also terrible team leadership by Harden- he goes out drinking and partying with him.

I'm glad we beat the Rockets- I can't stand Morey, Harden or Dwight!

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  10:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:Don't know what the Rockets were thinking when they traded for Lawson- once the extent of his alcoholism became clearer, they should have known that 3-4 weeks rehab in summer was not going to sort it.

When players are younger they seem to be capable of still playing well, but as they hit their latter 20s, it seems to start catching up with them. Also terrible team leadership by Harden- he goes out drinking and partying with him.

many knicks fans wanted to trade our pick for lawson and denvers pick.....thank god that didnt happen
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2015  11:03 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Don't know what the Rockets were thinking when they traded for Lawson- once the extent of his alcoholism became clearer, they should have known that 3-4 weeks rehab in summer was not going to sort it.

many knicks fans wanted to trade our pick for lawson and denvers pick.....thank god that didnt happen

Was that the deal for their young center? Glad that didnt happen. I don't know who gets the credit for drafting Porzingis but if it was mainly Gaines he is fantastic at his job.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  11:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Was that the deal for their young center? Glad that didnt happen. I don't know who gets the credit for drafting Porzingis but if it was mainly Gaines he is fantastic at his job.

pretty sure it was our 4th for their pick and lawson. I hated it but many wanted it to go down. I had no problem trading our pick BUT it had to be for a big haul. Thankfully phil stuck to his guns
Knicks @ Houston for four in a row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy