[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/3/2024  12:06 PM
martin wrote:Must post this all day

can this be stickied?

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2024  12:10 PM
DLeethal wrote:OG is low key the unsung hero last night though. He got us back in the game late in the 3rd quarter when it was getting dicey, and I think had 5 straight points to even it up going into the 4th. That was massive. This guy is a pure winner. I look around the league and think to myself sometimes how all these teams need an OG Anunoby or a Josh Hart and we have both those guys. The two best glue guys in the league in different ways and we have them both.

And with due respect to RJ, wing players were the Knicks' biggest weakness 2 years ago along with PG.

And the Knicks went out and got 2 of the best role playing wings out there in Josh and OG. And that's why I want Knicks to trade for Deni too. OG is a starter for sure and IMHO Josh is best off bench while Deni the is the perfect combo wing who could really earn stripes off bench in the lead guy role - both being an offensive cornerstone scoring and orchestrating - and then work his way to starter if he has it in him.

All 3 guys are some of the most versatile defenders and glue guys in NBA and almost play different styles and roles within the Wing territory.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/3/2024  12:11 PM
I woke up this morning, checked the score on my phone and read it wrong, thought the Knicks had lost. Waited until now to come on here to check the pulse of fandom, and read the headline about ticket prices for Knicks/Pacers and thought, wow, they’re getting ahead of themselves.

What a great game - watched it to about half time and just went to bed- assumed the worse.

Chandler

5/3/2024  12:12 PM
DLeethal wrote:Wow what an amazing night. This team just delivers whenever the going starts to get tough, they've done it all season long. We are seeing all of the things Thibs preaches that sound cliche, night after night in post games throughout the season, all come to life. Building habits, conditioning your body etc.

While Brunson has been out of this world, every single night we get signature moments and signature contributions from an array of other guys and that array of guys seems to switch on a nightly basis. Definition of a TEAM and also props to Thibs for pushing the right buttons enough to find the winning formula to put us in a position to win 5 out of 6 games down the stretch.

The Deuce game, the Josh 3s in game 1, the Mitch 4th quarter D in game 1, the Bogie momentum 3s, the Dante heroics in game 2, the iHart rebound in game 2, the Precious/OG suffocation in game 4, the Dante 1st Q last night, the OG dunk, the Hart sealer. Brunson heroics sprinkled throughout. So many moments and every single player got a piece.

I understand the Josh Hart strategy, it worked for Miami, but is it me or does this guy have more game busting 3s in crunch time than anyone on our team? Even going back to Cleveland last year, this guy has won us a ton of games with late game 3s. I don't understand leaving him wide open, he has proven he will hit the big shots. Throw the numbers out the window when it's winning time.

I was perplexed when Thibs subbed iHart back in the game with tons of time left in the 4th Q. Embiid was hot all night and just taking it to iHart, our doubles when iHart was in were getting blasted with open 3s from their role players. Mitch was guarding him effectively straight up. I thought Thibs was trying to give Mitch 1-2 mins so he could finish the game. But he went with iHart and iHart delivered big time once again. I believe the same thing happened in game 2, where Mitch just looked like the better defender on Embiid but Thibs went with iHart who had one of the biggest rebounds in Knick history to lead to the Dante shot. iHart was huge down the stretch last night.

OG is low key the unsung hero last night though. He got us back in the game late in the 3rd quarter when it was getting dicey, and I think had 5 straight points to even it up going into the 4th. That was massive. This guy is a pure winner. I look around the league and think to myself sometimes how all these teams need an OG Anunoby or a Josh Hart and we have both those guys. The two best glue guys in the league in different ways and we have them both.

Looking at our box score, damn this team is close to having zero depth. Basically, Burks, Shake, and Precious are the only guys left with any sort of real NBA experience. Thibs needs to integrate one of these guys into the rotation for Indy, he has 4 days to get one of those guys ready. We can't play 7 guys all the way through. And with Mitch coming off the bench, it really leaves Deuce as the only guy who can provide any points at all. Indy has a deep bench that puts up a ton of points. We need to get some scoring support - I think Alec is the guy. With Brunson playing 40 minutes and Deuce rounding into form, I think Alec can come in and play off ball and just try to let the game come to him instead of playing pseudo-point guard. We need Burks now.

I suspect iHart was prompted by Mitch's FT% and iHart much better passer.

A lot of guys indeed stepped up, including McBride hitting shots when it mattered even if he started cold

Knicks are in a good place. They expect to win if they do their thing, rebound, run, hustle, defend, take care of the ball

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2024  12:13 PM
franco12 wrote:I woke up this morning, checked the score on my phone and read it wrong, thought the Knicks had lost. Waited until now to come on here to check the pulse of fandom, and read the headline about ticket prices for Knicks/Pacers and thought, wow, they’re getting ahead of themselves.

What a great game - watched it to about half time and just went to bed- assumed the worse.

Who let the drunk uncle back in after he passed out at half time?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler

5/3/2024  12:18 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
fishmike wrote:
MS wrote:21, 22, 22, 24 minutes for our starters.

Fucking adjust Thibs. Play Precious. You can’t run the guys into the ground every night. Fucking nurse playing Buddy, Spo played Robinson. This iron man stuff bites you in the ass.

sorry you were saying?

Some folks will just have to start adjusting to KNICK CULTURE. While some aspects of this may make you uncomfortable allow me to present you with something to assuage your suffering. Winning.

It is my impression some posters stop by to complain when the chips are down and then vanish when there’s nothing to biotch about. Pleasure comes in different forms for different folks I suppose.

Anyway, Thibs is the coach of a team that has weathered terrible injuries to defeat a team with a “superstar” that was certainly ranked higher preseason and considered “the better team” by many pundits. Regardless, his team just won an incredibly tough playoff series. Do some ever want to accept the coach as a very good one or do the “fire Thibs” fires just burn too hot for that ever to happen?

110% Let's keep in mind too that Nurse is a good coach (also a major crybaby)

(5)(5)
DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/3/2024  12:24 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:OG is low key the unsung hero last night though. He got us back in the game late in the 3rd quarter when it was getting dicey, and I think had 5 straight points to even it up going into the 4th. That was massive. This guy is a pure winner. I look around the league and think to myself sometimes how all these teams need an OG Anunoby or a Josh Hart and we have both those guys. The two best glue guys in the league in different ways and we have them both.

And with due respect to RJ, wing players were the Knicks' biggest weakness 2 years ago along with PG.

And the Knicks went out and got 2 of the best role playing wings out there in Josh and OG. And that's why I want Knicks to trade for Deni too. OG is a starter for sure and IMHO Josh is best off bench while Deni the is the perfect combo wing who could really earn stripes off bench in the lead guy role - both being an offensive cornerstone scoring and orchestrating - and then work his way to starter if he has it in him.

All 3 guys are some of the most versatile defenders and glue guys in NBA and almost play different styles and roles within the Wing territory.

Like ... imagine Philly had OG and Hart starting with Embiid and Maxey. Those two are absolute studs in any starting lineup that has their top scorers figured out. And Hart/OG balance each other well at the same time. They aren't redundant, but elite role players in their own ways.

Chandler

5/3/2024  12:24 PM
Ira wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Precious had some big games against IND, he matches up well with them. He can guard Turner, Obi, & Siakam. I'd be surprised if he didn't get minutes, the issue is his best position is backup 5 and that's the one position where we are kind of set. So if you really want to give him significant minutes you gotta play him at PF WITH Ihart or Mitch and I get why Thibs isn't too enamored with that idea.

we didn't have OG for any of our games vs IND, he's going to be a big problem for them. He can literally guard any all 5 of their starters.

He knows Siakam so well from Toronto. Maybe he'll see time guarding him.

Glad you brought this up. Knowing the player so well has its pros and cons but i think in this instance it's more pro for us.

I also think Precious should be on Siakam too

(5)(5)
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/3/2024  12:29 PM
thinking aloud about mins

Ihart/Mitch - we're good here
OG 40 - Hart - 6 Precious 8
Jhart - 36 - Deuce 6
DDV - 36 - Deuce 12
Brunson 40 - Deuce 8

Seems like a reasonable minutes distribution. Maybe we go Burks instead but really what we need is a backup PF. We can play 3 small guards but none of those guys are going to play at PF.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/3/2024  12:35 PM
martin wrote:

Thibs couldnt decide whether Josh was more valuable as a Bench/energy guy or as a starter, so he just made him do both and never come off the floor

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2024  12:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
MS wrote:21, 22, 22, 24 minutes for our starters.

Fucking adjust Thibs. Play Precious. You can’t run the guys into the ground every night. Fucking nurse playing Buddy, Spo played Robinson. This iron man stuff bites you in the ass.

sorry you were saying?

Some folks will just have to start adjusting to KNICK CULTURE. While some aspects of this may make you uncomfortable allow me to present you with something to assuage your suffering. Winning.

Yeah. Love this culture. The only player I want to make sure gets a 1-2 min rest here and there is Brunson. Hart is to valuable to not be out there.

Thibs is human. Like the players he will make mistakes or the wrong call but damn he trusts his guys and they respond. DD had a BAD series. His lack of shooting was really the weak link and some folks were understandably calling for McBride even to start. Thib's "adjustment" was to play DD all 48. That will get him going and damn. DD was huge for us

No way we play the pacers with 7 guys. Someone is getting burn... although idk who

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal

5/3/2024  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2024  12:38 PM
nycericanguy wrote:thinking aloud about mins

Jhart - 36 - Deuce 6
DDV - 36 - Deuce 12
Brunson 40 - Deuce 8

Seems like a reasonable minutes distribution. Maybe we go Burks instead but really what we need is a backup PF. We can play 3 small guards but none of those guys are going to play at PF.

iHart 24 / Mitch 24
OG 40 / Hart 8
Hart 34 / Burks 10 / DDV 4
DDV 34 / Deuce 14
Brunson 40 / Deuce 8

Deuce mins can fluctuate with DDV's.

IMO, we need bench points more than defense and rebounding. Can't have Deuce being the only guy who can get you 8-12 points off the bench. Need to find a way to score 20ppg off the bench in this series.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/3/2024  12:39 PM
DLeethal wrote:

Jhart - 36 - Deuce 6
DDV - 36 - Deuce 12
Brunson 40 - Deuce 8

iHart 24 / Mitch 24
OG 40 / Hart 8
DDV 34 / Deuce 14
Brunson 40 / Deuce 8

IMO, we need bench points more than defense and rebounding. Can't have Deuce being the only guy who can get you 8-12 points off the bench. Need to find a way to score 20ppg off the bench in this series.

yea that works too, but ultimately we are going to need to expand to an 8th man, whether it be Precious or Burks.

DLeethal

5/3/2024  12:46 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Jhart - 36 - Deuce 6
DDV - 36 - Deuce 12
Brunson 40 - Deuce 8

iHart 24 / Mitch 24
OG 40 / Hart 8
DDV 34 / Deuce 14
Brunson 40 / Deuce 8

yea that works too, but ultimately we are going to need to expand to an 8th man, whether it be Precious or Burks.

Yea, and I think this is a series going small 1-4 is the move.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/3/2024  12:56 PM
Anyone else f@%kin' around on this board instead of doing what they should be doing? Enjoying it!
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
5/3/2024  12:58 PM
We'd gentlemen sweep these Hicks if we had Randle.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/3/2024  1:22 PM
SergioNYK wrote:We'd gentlemen sweep these Hicks if we had Randle.

Would of been nothing gentleman like about it!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DLeethal

5/3/2024  1:23 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Anyone else f@%kin' around on this board instead of doing what they should be doing? Enjoying it!

Yes

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/3/2024  1:24 PM
Cant wait for 2 weeks of Wally Z going in the fake wanna be all star Haliburton
DLeethal

5/3/2024  1:29 PM
Goated coach

[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy