[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sean May is the real deal......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/5/2005  7:20 AM
To clear the air, let me say this about Sweet and May. I do believe that Sweet has a lot of talents, but he is not an agressive dude, and doesn't demand the ball like he should, especially when he is in position. I also don't like the fact that he continues to have weight issues. For a dude whom has been in this league for two years, he should have hired somebody to help him control his weight. Sean May has better feet than Sweet, he moves gracefully to get into position down low, and most of all, he calls for the ball. You can tell the type of player this dude is by listening to him during the press conferences. If he and Sweet are about the same height, just like Okafor, I would trade Sweetney to get this dude. He shoots the ball much better from 16 to 18' from the basket.

Sean May could be a Malik Rose at his best probably... he's just not an Elton Brand/Boozer even - but what has Brand done really?
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
4/5/2005  8:14 AM
Good plan, dildotron. Why don't we just collect the entire set of 6'8" PFs? Sounds like a Layden-like plan to me!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2005  8:32 AM
Posted by diderotn:

To clear the air, let me say this about Sweet and May. I do believe that Sweet has a lot of talents, but he is not an agressive dude, and doesn't demand the ball like he should, especially when he is in position. I also don't like the fact that he continues to have weight issues. For a dude whom has been in this league for two years, he should have hired somebody to help him control his weight. Sean May has better feet than Sweet, he moves gracefully to get into position down low, and most of all, he calls for the ball. You can tell the type of player this dude is by listening to him during the press conferences. If he and Sweet are about the same height, just like Okafor, I would trade Sweetney to get this dude. He shoots the ball much better from 16 to 18' from the basket.

Sean May could be a Malik Rose at his best probably... he's just not an Elton Brand/Boozer even - but what has Brand done really?

Sweets is much bigger, stronger, and has an NBA game. May has to get that quickness that allowed Booze to play at that level, and Brand Excel!

May never got doubled teamed with the strong perimeter game of UNC. As I said, he has a nice game, but it may not translate well at this point. If he leaves early, then there are obviously those whom will not agree with me, and have a better handle on his game. If he stays, then he is not thought too highly of.

Trade sweets right now? A little impressionalbe now are we?
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  8:56 AM
If you ream my post Solace, you will realize that I have asked to trade: Sweet, Kurt, and Rose...

Posted by Solace:

Good plan, dildotron. Why don't we just collect the entire set of 6'8" PFs? Sounds like a Layden-like plan to me!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/5/2005  10:12 AM
I've compared the 2 of them a million times before so if anyone wants a whole spiel read a previous post Ive had. May and Sweets have a ton of similarities but but in the end the one that will make May a better play is his will and desire. May is a class guy off the court but when the game starts the guy becomes someone else; he has fire, he calls for the ball down in the post, he is the leader on a team that has 5 NBA players in it's starting lineup... that means something. Sweetney was NEVER like that and he never will, I've never seen Sweetney have a single emotion on the court and if it's happened it's happened very rarely. I as a huge Sweetney supporter when we drafted him and coming out of college but his weight and somewhat lack of desire are making it hard for me to defend the guy now. I'd take the gamble on May in the mid round, no higher then that though.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 04/05/2005 10:58:27]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  10:24 AM
Exactly. That is exactly what I have been trying to convey to the fans here on this board.....May will and desire far exceeds those of Sweet. For a team with the lack of leadership or a clear killer instinct, May will definitely be the answer.

Posted by nyk4ever:

I've compared the 2 of them a million times before so if anyone wants a whole spiel read a previous post Ive had. May and Sweets have a ton of similarities but the one similarities but in the end the one that will make May a better play is his will and desire. May is a class guy off the court but when the game starts the guy becomes someone else; he has fire, he calls for the ball down in the post, he is the leader on a team that has 5 NBA players in it's starting lineup... that means something. Sweetney was NEVER like that and he never will, I've never seen Sweetney have a single emotion on the court and if it's happened it's happened very rarely. I as a huge Sweetney supporter when we drafted him and coming out of college but his weight and somewhat lack of desire are making it hard for me to defend the guy now. I'd take the gamble on May in the mid round, no higher then that though.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/5/2005  11:01 AM
but I bet Sweetney had just as much desire when he was putting up huge numbers in college. Then you start facing the duncan, amares, KGs of the world and its hard to be as dominant. I do think May will be a slightly better because he's in better shape and maybe has a little more will & desire but it will only take him so far imo because he won't be tall or quick enough. Unless he worked extremely hard on his body the way Brand did. But we've seen how stupid wishful thinking can be when we wanted Sweetney to do the same and instead he puts on more weight.
nyk4ever
USA
4/5/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

but I bet Sweetney had just as much desire when he was putting up huge numbers in college. Then you start facing the duncan, amares, KGs of the world and its hard to be as dominant. I do think May will be a slightly better because he's in better shape and maybe has a little more will & desire but it will only take him so far imo because he won't be tall or quick enough. Unless he worked extremely hard on his body the way Brand did. But we've seen how stupid wishful thinking can be when we wanted Sweetney to do the same and instead he puts on more weight.

Stupid Sweetney, it really is too bad that the guy can't stay in shape. It's only a matter of will, everyone ripped Shaq for being fat as hell but after 3 years of that he finally lost the weight, albeit it took a trade to Miami for him to do so. I just don't know what the Knicks can do with Sweetney, if he doesn't want to lose that weight then he won't do it, maybe they have to threaten him with a roster spot or something? who knows at this point.
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  11:10 AM
Gun!!! let me explain something to you, will and desire are things that you are born with. Okafor was a dominant player all throughout his career, and since he joined the NBA, he has not stopped, that is even when he faced the likes of KG, Duncan, etc. In fact, when he faces those guys, he elevates his desire even more. Sweet is a good player, but he can't dominate like he is capable

Posted by gunsnewing:

gunsnewing
USA
4/5/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Gun!!! let me explain something to you, will and desire are things that you are born with. Okafor was a dominant player all throughout his career, and since he joined the NBA, he has not stopped, that is even when he faced the likes of KG, Duncan, etc. In fact, when he faces those guys, he elevates his desire even more. Sweet is a good player, but he can't dominate like he is capable

Posted by gunsnewing:

noooooooo you don't say!

no **** sherlocks!

and its Guns not Gun lol

Point is Sweetney was just as dominant as May in college. I don't think either will be that great in the NBA unless they work on turning fat into lean muscle the way Brand did so he can use their frames to overpower players and keep up with quicker ones on defense.
nyk4ever
USA
4/5/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:

Another thing to add to the Okefor part. When Okefor came to Uconn he had absolutely NO Post game, the guy was a defensive shotblocker ONLY, but after 3 years of working on it, he developed a repertoire down low and a 17 foot jumpshot to go along with it. Will and desire rule, Sean May has a ton, the guy wants to be great, just listen to the way he speaks. He's going to make himself great at whatever cost.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/5/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by Solace:

Well Briggs said he can play center in the NBA. So, you don't need to worry about that. We'll just use a 6'8" PF and a 6'8" C in our starting lineup! Maybe we can get a 5'5" SF too. I love basketball and I'm the exact height!
gunsnewing
USA
4/5/2005  11:51 AM
Sean May will be a very nice pick for a team with a mid first round pick because he will be one of the few who produces in the nba. The rest will rot on teams benches for a couple of yrs before heading to the CBA or overseas.
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  2:16 PM
If this dude declares for the NBA and is still around when Isiah is ready to pick, He will chose May especially if Bogut is off the board.....That is for sure.
nyk4ever
USA
4/5/2005  2:43 PM
Posted by diderotn:

If this dude declares for the NBA and is still around when Isiah is ready to pick, He will chose May especially if Bogut is off the board.....That is for sure.

I want May but def. not in the lottery.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2005  2:56 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

Well Briggs said he can play center in the NBA. So, you don't need to worry about that. We'll just use a 6'8" PF and a 6'8" C in our starting lineup! Maybe we can get a 5'5" SF too. I love basketball and I'm the exact height!

You a little man? I thought you reeked with a napoleonic complex! Makes perfect sense! The snits, elevating yourself by putting down others, and the nat like annoyance of your apparent need of approval!

Are you fat too? Being all small is ok, can be cute, but if you fat, then you are becoming "short, fat and obonoxious"! Then in a few years, you might lose your hair too. Then you "short, fat, bald, and obnoxious. Nothing bad about being folically challanged, but just getting all of them going against you is not cool. Maybe you can't help any of it, but he obnoxious part is in your hands. Being the "short, pudgy, bald, Cool guy" is something to shoot for! Better than being the "little fat bald MotherPhucher!" See the difference?

The choice is yours!

New poll:

Bonn 1997 should strive for which?;

A) " Smart Little funny cool dude"
or
B) "That annoying little fat dumb MotherPhucher"

diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  2:58 PM
I see that many of you have issues recognizing talents....you would pay a lot of money for TT, Crawf, Houston whom is one dimentional, but you wouldn't want to go for May in the lottery....What is wrong with you people????? Some of you N.Y. fans have really no clue about talents...

Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by diderotn:

I want May but def. not in the lottery.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/5/2005  2:58 PM
Imma remember this thread to
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  3:00 PM
Do you all even remember how Jordan came into the league???? and what team he played for?? can't you see super stardom when it is infront of your eyes???? Mess around, a team like LA or Minesota may endup with this kid and turn their program around sooner than the Knicks...We can't passup on this kid if he is around...Marb disappear in the 4th, and at the moment, we have no one that can take over a game when we need it the most....This young cat is the missing linky..We can always use our other picks to draft a Center, but we can't pass one May...Here is a scenario for you all:

Draft May with our first round pick and trade Kur/Malik/and Sweetney for a SG and a draft pick....GS, Atlanta, Toronto, LA, and Minesota could be great partners.....

Remember it...How tall is May? and how tall is Okafor????

Posted by newyorknewyork:

Imma remember this thread to

[Edited by - diderotn on 04/05/2005 15:05:11]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/5/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

You a little man? I thought you reeked with a napoleonic complex! Makes perfect sense! The snits, elevating yourself by putting down others, and the nat like annoyance of your apparent need of approval!

Are you fat too? Being all small is ok, can be cute, but if you fat, then you are becoming "short, fat and obonoxious"! Then in a few years, you might lose your hair too. Then you "short, fat, bald, and obnoxious. Nothing bad about being folically challanged, but just getting all of them going against you is not cool. Maybe you can't help any of it, but he obnoxious part is in your hands. Being the "short, pudgy, bald, Cool guy" is something to shoot for! Better than being the "little fat bald MotherPhucher!" See the difference?

The choice is yours!

New poll:

Bonn 1997 should strive for which?;

A) " Smart Little funny cool dude"
or
B) "That annoying little fat dumb MotherPhucher"
I wasn't putting down Briggs at all. You sound like you need a hug today.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/05/2005 15:09:11]
Sean May is the real deal......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy