[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Oooooh! Spurs waived guard Romain Sato....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/28/2005  11:15 AM
what ever Isiah and the scouts say as far as talents to bring in, I am all for it. They know what we need and who can provide it...
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/28/2005  1:38 PM
Sato would be a really nice addition, I'd much rather take a chance on him over that 29 year old Jackson guy. I've seen Sato more then I ever want because I attend the University of Rhode Island and last year while this kid was at Xavier he absolutely TORCHED us a few times, the kid has some game and I agree with Caseloads, his game is pretty much just like D-Wade's. Sign him up Isiah!
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
diderotn
USA
2/28/2005  1:41 PM
can he play the point?, that is the question...
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/28/2005  4:38 PM
I like Sato a lot. He can shut down guys on the perimeter. I don't really think he's close to D-Wade in terms of talent, but then again I don't think he started playing basketball untill his teens if I remember correctly. His problem is that he's only about 6'3 or shorter and isn't a PG. But I think he's a better defender than Brewer, and can knock down some open J's rather than pass them up. Surprised that the Spurs let him go. He's the kind of player that with some more development, is the kind of guy you bring in to try and contain Iverson, Wade, Marbury, Davis etc.
nyk4ever
USA
2/28/2005  5:24 PM
The comparison to Dwayne Wade wasn't meant in terms of skills but rather how they play the game and more specifically, point guard.
Posted by VDesai:

I like Sato a lot. He can shut down guys on the perimeter. I don't really think he's close to D-Wade in terms of talent, but then again I don't think he started playing basketball untill his teens if I remember correctly. His problem is that he's only about 6'3 or shorter and isn't a PG. But I think he's a better defender than Brewer, and can knock down some open J's rather than pass them up. Surprised that the Spurs let him go. He's the kind of player that with some more development, is the kind of guy you bring in to try and contain Iverson, Wade, Marbury, Davis etc.
diderotn
USA
2/28/2005  5:29 PM
One thing is for sure, whomever we bring in has to be able to shoot the ball. It is one thing to be able to play defense, but if you can't make the jumper when open is worthless. We need a player like Boykins.....
nyk4ever
USA
2/28/2005  5:37 PM
Posted by diderotn:

One thing is for sure, whomever we bring in has to be able to shoot the ball. It is one thing to be able to play defense, but if you can't make the jumper when open is worthless. We need a player like Boykins.....

That's something I never quite understood about Brewer. The guy is a absolutely horrid shooter, with all the coaches in the NBA and whatnot, how has this guy not learned to become atleast someone that can drain a open jumper? He can't even do that.
diderotn
USA
2/28/2005  5:50 PM
You know, I learned not to blame coaches for a player's development. With the amound of money that they are making, it is their responsibilities to hire outside help to help them develop into a star. Guys like Marburry for instance, should have a shooting coach, a defensive coach, and most of all, someone to teach him how to play the PG position. Instead of shooting videos with fat Joe and others, he needs to be in the gym or in front of a t.v. studying the game. I don't believ that it would cost any of those guys more than $40.000 a year to invest on their career. That is small change compare to the amound of money they drop when they go to the clubs or better yet on jeweleries..

Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by diderotn:

That's something I never quite understood about Brewer. The guy is a absolutely horrid shooter, with all the coaches in the NBA and whatnot, how has this guy not learned to become atleast someone that can drain a open jumper? He can't even do that.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2005  11:25 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by diderotn:

Brewer has really bad hands. I love his effort, but his dribbling is among the worst out of all PGs in the NBA. I think his weak hands probably hurt his jump shot too.
Oooooh! Spurs waived guard Romain Sato....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy