[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Timmy sucks, move Nazr, Bakers a waste, Marbury's overrated, Lenny's a clown... rant thread
Author Thread
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
1/6/2005  12:42 AM
well, ariza has shown flashes. he's a real low risk, high reward project. with our encouragement, he could be great

in any case, its an improvement over the lovefests for guys like vujanic and lampe who never played a minute for us.
AUTOADVERT
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/6/2005  6:38 AM
By playing any defense whatesoever I'm fine with because its more than we're accustomed to seeing... Ariza just has to work on his shot but he has been hitting them if he's open
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2005  8:27 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

This Ariza lovefest has got to stop. The guy hasn't done anything yet except hustle. Darvin Ham hustles. Who knows, he may be the next Darvin Ham. Slow down with all the praise for this guy. He doesn't even shoot 40%, can't dribble, and is skinny as a rail. He is by no means a can't miss SF for years to come.

Trev did make mistakes last nite. He forced the ball and wanted to take on Shaq a few times!

The Lovefest continues! He is a brightspot this season and offers hope for the future!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/6/2005  11:23 AM
Can Lenny figure out how to use Ariza? there is no apparant rhythm to Ariza's use game to game. Yes, he's 19 and makes mistakes- but he's got to make mistakes to learn from them. Why do Allan and TT get to float stupid passes that turn into opposition lay ups all year long?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by franco12:

Can Lenny figure out how to use Ariza? there is no apparant rhythm to Ariza's use game to game. Yes, he's 19 and makes mistakes- but he's got to make mistakes to learn from them. Why do Allan and TT get to float stupid passes that turn into opposition lay ups all year long?

Trevor has asthma. It was one reason he fell in the draft. It might be a reason for his inconsistant minutes.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/6/2005  10:21 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by franco12:

Trevor has asthma. It was one reason he fell in the draft. It might be a reason for his inconsistant minutes.

then what's the reason for JYD and Sweetney's inconsistent minutes. it's Lenny man!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2005  11:19 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by franco12:

Lots of players have asthma. Trevor had a collapsed lung in addition to asthma. That's MUCH more serious than asthma. He's never looked out of breath, though, when playing as a Knick. I'd be surprised if that were the reason he was getting inconsistent minutes.
Pike
Member: #403
1/6/2005  11:56 PM
To the guy who is tired of the Ariza lovefest?

I haven't seen too many 19 year olds that can do some of the things I've seen this kid do. Is he a sure thing, no but, I'll take my chances.
Masterplan
Member: #362
1/7/2005  1:58 AM
a little off topic, but for the record, after watching some of the games tonight, especially washington-seattle, their defense was dreadful. i'll give hte knicks credit for not looking quite that bad. really, i was offended on some plays. just wanted to put that out there.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/7/2005  7:33 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

This Ariza lovefest has got to stop. The guy hasn't done anything yet except hustle. Darvin Ham hustles. Who knows, he may be the next Darvin Ham. Slow down with all the praise for this guy. He doesn't even shoot 40%, can't dribble, and is skinny as a rail. He is by no means a can't miss SF for years to come.

Rojo, I think the reason why guys in here love Ariza much is B/C we have been without athletic players for so long that anything that jumps and hustle is a future star.

If n former knick Anthony Bonner was on the team now and in his prime, guys on the forum would be hailing him Dominique Wilkins.

I like Ariza's ability at 19, but he would do better on a running team like phoenix or Dallas to utilize his aggression and build more confidence going up against other athletic players as Marion, Q.Richardson and J.Johnson, Finley M. Daniels J.Howard.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/7/2005  9:53 AM
Ariza can handle the ball pretty well, and when he penetrates he makes pretty good decisions with his passes. He's shown major defensive potential also, the kind of guy that can guard all 3 perimeter positions. He left school too early.. he was only averaging like 11/5 as a freshman.

He's just finding himself. Wait until what happens next year when he's got a better idea of how to prepare for the NBA whats expected of him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
playa2

1/8/2005  3:56 PM
Let's wait 5 more yrs so we can see how high he can jump at 26.

Dreamers are a dime a dozen. This team is toast you go big and then you filter in other positions.

Going pg first is insanity in the NBA.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by playa2:

Let's wait 5 more yrs so we can see how high he can jump at 26.

Dreamers are a dime a dozen. This team is toast you go big and then you filter in other positions.

Going pg first is insanity in the NBA.

agree in part, but what you forgot to add is that when you can't trade for big - name us one big that was available - you do trade for an all-star when you can. And that was done, so get over it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

1/8/2005  5:04 PM
Excuse me, the alternative was to suck and get someone in the draft, the Spurs did it Duncan, Houston did it Yao Ming, Cleveland did it Lebron James AND Chicago did IT Eddie Curry +Chandler.

I think that's how we drafted a guy name .....uh PATRICK EWING

[Edited by - playa2 on 01/08/2005 17:06:41]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/8/2005  8:02 PM
Posted by playa2:

Excuse me, the alternative was to suck and get someone in the draft, the Spurs did it Duncan, Houston did it Yao Ming, Cleveland did it Lebron James AND Chicago did IT Eddie Curry +Chandler.

never propose to decrease your chance of winning games by dumping players in order to get a better shot at drafting an alltime great talent like Lebron or Duncan...you will get lambasted by the majority...it's "not ethical".

[Edited by - TMS on 01/08/2005 20:03:15]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2005  8:17 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by playa2:

never propose to decrease your chance of winning games by dumping players in order to get a better shot at drafting an alltime great talent like Lebron or Duncan...you will get lambasted by the majority...it's "not ethical".

plus Boston, Clips, Warriars, Atlanta, Chicago already proved that it doesn't work unless you get extremely lucky.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/8/2005  8:53 PM
i've only advocated tanking when Lebron was available...i bought into all the hype & he delivered bigtime...too bad we missed out on that opportunity.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
playa2

1/8/2005  9:27 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by playa2:

Charging your fans too much for a ticket for a team with a 103 million dollar payroll and they are stinking up the garden as well is a disgrace and a crime. Heads should be olling after the debacle on national tv.
Timmy sucks, move Nazr, Bakers a waste, Marbury's overrated, Lenny's a clown... rant thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy