wow the suns are on drugs
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/3/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by franco12:

in 2 years when Nash has slowed up, and they are looking to get out from the 40Million still owed him, we can send back Penny's expiring contract at the deadline so they can start rebuilding!
wtf are u talking about? Phoenix messed up big time on the Stephon trade and are trying to recover with Nash! Stupidest bunch of moves.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2004  12:47 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by franco12:

in 2 years when Nash has slowed up, and they are looking to get out from the 40Million still owed him, we can send back Penny's expiring contract at the deadline so they can start rebuilding!
wtf are u talking about? Phoenix messed up big time on the Stephon trade and are trying to recover with Nash! Stupidest bunch of moves.

I disagree with both of you.

First, Nash will probably not slow up in 2 years. He keeps in great shape and has 2 solid PGs behind him in Barbosa and Eisley. And his pass first, push the ball at every turn, go to the hoop style of play fits perfectly with Amare, Matrinx and Joe Johnson. That's solid at 4 starting positions - a fast and long team that can run and also post up. That group may suffer on the defensive end.

The team spends only $65M instead of $100M on someone like Kobe and can still spend a little more on defensive role players. Nash is not a headache where Kobe may have been.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/3/2004  1:05 PM
Pheniox traded Marbury for cap relief & LAMPE. I argued from the door THEY COVERTED LAMPE the deal would have not been made without him. Zeke DID NOT JUST THROW LAMPE IN.

They played it real dumb. They should have kept there picks. Taken Deng at #7 & Nelson at #16. They could have then traded Deng & unloaded Eisley & White's contract contract for Stoudemire, #22 & #23.

Taken Monya & Harrison and be a very deep team.

Harrison/Voskul/Lampe
Stoud/Marion/Lampe
Marion/Monya/Cabarkapa
Johnson/Monya/Jacobsen
Nelson/Stoud/Barbosa
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/3/2004  2:10 PM
That teams not really deep at all, you list Marion as a backup PF when he's the starting SF, Monya as a backup of SG and SF, and really have zero frontcourt depth.

I'm not too sure where the Suns are headed, none of these moves really make sense.
#Knickstaps
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/3/2004  3:13 PM
They also could resign Dice.

Stoudemire would demand 40mins a night anyway. And Cabarkapa is a 6'11 SF that they got to compliment Marion who can play PF when called upon. They also have the rights to Dice who they could resign though they would probably want to give his mins to Lampe anyway. Barbosa could play PG & SG. They also have Jacobsen at SG & plus Joe Johnson could play PG/SG/SF when called upon. Its a deep team but just deep enough that its not crowded and they could give players quality mins.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/3/2004  9:23 PM
nash pushes the ball better than marbury? Oh lordie what is this thread comming to..

Pheonix screwed up and I said this when the trade was made.. but hey I am not mad at them..... good for us... We got steph out of this deal... and I would take Kobe, his headaches and 100 mil over nash and his 65 mil..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/3/2004  10:01 PM
And his pass first, push the ball at every turn, go to the hoop style of play fits perfectly with Amare, Matrinx and Joe Johnson.
An even better pass first PG for that team would have been Marbury! (Just wondering--can you name one PG in the league who got more total assists than Marbury last year?)

It's a trick question by the way. No one in the nation got more assists than him

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/03/2004 22:03:06]
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
7/4/2004  9:21 PM
If the Suns are on drugs I wish Isiah would take the same ones. They did mess up royally by trading away some of their picks to clear cap room. But there was nothing wrong with there thinking. They took a risk and it backfired, but they ended up with Nash for Marbury, which isn't too bad.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/4/2004  9:38 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

If the Suns are on drugs I wish Isiah would take the same ones. They did mess up royally by trading away some of their picks to clear cap room. But there was nothing wrong with there thinking. They took a risk and it backfired, but they ended up with Nash for Marbury, which isn't too bad.
No, its not a terrible deal. I can deal with Nash for Marbury but I will definately rather have Stephon on any team over Nash.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nykdunk
USA
7/4/2004  11:06 PM
No question about that, but the Suns still have trading chips in Lampe and Vujanic. Do Lampe and Vujanic bridge the talent gap? I think so.

The puzzling part of what the Suns did was their decision to give up on the draft solely to pursue Kobe. It didn't work. They should have stockpiled draft picks (using Euros to retain draft rights if needed) and used them as trade bait.

And they also didn't NEED to sign Nash. They could have just stayed under the cap for another year.

In the end though, they still have a good young, up and coming team which can suprise next year.
Bonn1997
USA
7/4/2004  11:15 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

No question about that, but the Suns still have trading chips in Lampe and Vujanic.
wow; you must be taking the same drugs Layden was
nykdunk
USA
7/4/2004  11:22 PM
I don't believe Marbury and Nash are that different.
Bonn1997
USA
7/4/2004  11:29 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Nash is a nice player but marbury is better in every aspect of the game
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/5/2004  2:44 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Nash is a nice player but marbury is better in every aspect of the game

Nice way to sum it up.
Nash can't have the same impact on game like marbury can.
Nash is guardable one on one and marbury, to be honnest, isn't.
Nash can't destroy opposite PG as marbury regulary does.

Don't forget one thing, nash played in nellie's sytem, which makes plauyers looks much better than they are, as all systems based on ball movement (see sactown, utah...). He also was surrounded by scoring option, especially very good shooters, which made very hard for the opponents to clog the lane or double him like they did to stephon.

IMHO, though a very good and nice PG, he's not worth what they paid for.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/8/2005  11:05 AM
Bump

Just thought it would be interesting to see what some people were saying about the 28-4 Suns just a few short months ago. That trade worked out pretty well for them and they didn't "screw up".
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/8/2005  11:37 AM
It is pretty lame to pull up old threads like this, but I will tell you, that you did nothing special by going against the knicks, since you were hating on anything the knicks did anyway, I even bet you said to yourself that the Hornets would be better than the knicks would too.. go ahead and admit it, I mean right now the suns are playing great ball, and that is largely due to Amare more so than nash, don't fool yourself, remember marbury led basically the same team to the playoffs in the west that had the shaq and kobe lakers also, and he did it with a younger amare,joe johnson and no Q richardson. The suns with this team are not built to win in the playoffs with this style of ball, pull this thread back up in another 20 games when nash wears down as usual, and those 500 3 point shots they shoot per game stop falling as the legs get tired....

This was lame man, just lame, I still think that the suns overpaid for nash, he couldn't lead the mavs who had more talent to a finals, what makes you think he is going to do it here, unless the suns paid 65 million to have a great regular season, and if they did that, then they overpaid, it's about winning rings, cuban knew this, and this is why he didn't overpay nash himself, he can have good regualar seasons with Harris and Terry running the point...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/8/2005  11:38 AM
If the knicks would have the same record as Phoenix and the same players none of you would be saying Phoenix got the better deal with marbury with a 500 team.

Being a homer with out looking at the other teams results make you sound so "FUGAZY"

When they play the knicks make sure you hide the women and children!

[Edited by - PLAYA2 on 01/08/2005 11:40:46]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/8/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Bump

Just thought it would be interesting to see what some people were saying about the 28-4 Suns just a few short months ago. That trade worked out pretty well for them and they didn't "screw up".
the bottom line was signing Steve Nash was the best move by far in the off season. there are two different types of pGs and Steve Nash was a better fit for that team than Marbury bottom line. I think the basis of what i said was true, they paid nash 4mm more per year than anyone else offered and they set a high market, but I was way off on what Steve Nash meant to that team. When you think Nash vs. marbury BEFOTRE this year, id bet 90% of people would say Marbury including me. But the reality is nash is much more of a tradtional PG like Shaq said.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/8/2005  11:49 AM
how do you find those old posts? there was a post i made about josh smith before the draft id like to see.
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/8/2005  12:25 PM
Someones crystal ball is f'ed up. No wonder you ain't hitting the lottery. Suns made the best moves by far last off season. They had an idea as to what the team is suppose to be and took full advantage of it. Their planning and patients was far superior than any team since the Nets and Spurs. I just gotta say this Isiah get your head out of your azz and make some moves that will make the Knicks truely better. How many people here would have liked Q-Rich rather than Crawford. I know I would. Oh yeah Stephon is not better than Nash that a fact he is a pure PG stephon is not. he is a sg caught in a PG body thats why he can't throw a decent lob pass to save his life and run a effective fast break.
wow the suns are on drugs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy