[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeff Vandummy got disnmissed on National T.V BY LEBRON JAMES.
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/27/2003  11:49 PM
Posted by Bobby:

You think Brown could win 50 games if he was in Detroit....heck no!

Give Carlisle Philly, they be balling like Jersey.

Gotta disagree with you here. Brown did have Philly playing as well as Jersey did. They finished one game behind them with far less talent. Look at Phillys roster. AI is an All-star, but after him you have solid players, but no second star. Teams win championships with 2 stars on their team. DC, Van Horn and Kenny Thomas are not going to do it. I think Brown realized this and got out before the sixers started to really slide....just like JVG.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

5/28/2003  7:07 AM
Sorry to disagree with you Andrew, but Larry Brown didn't leave like Vandummy departed. Vandummy didn't have the decency to coach the yr out, or better yet not even coach that yr instead of coaching 19 games and then dropping the "2 TON " ball on Chaney ,at least Brown was "PROFESSIONAL" enough to keep the fires burning for the sixer fans with a playoff run that was lost on a Chucky Atkins (as marv calls it) Wild shot to win game 5 in Detroit. Larry handled like a man vandunce like a lil boy !
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
KARNIVORE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/28/2003  9:53 AM
You guys show HOUSTON so much hate because he was business smart in taking the money DOLAN offered. Now you hate on THE LITTLE GENERAL because he is smart to stick up these owners for $7mil a year. Why hate because he is getting big time loot ???
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
playa2

5/28/2003  12:05 PM
Cant be me because i was a houston fan, but vandunce plz. Nobody gonna pay taht crumb snatcher 7 mil 9as pike says) for half court iso's. KARNIVORE AREN'T YOU THE POOL GURU? sET UP A TIME TONIGHT AND GIVE ME YA HANDLE. When you play me i'm sure that you'll be putting the money in my bag...stickem up.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/28/2003  6:26 PM
Having two stars on a championship team remains to be seen by your definition of a star. To futher another debate, when the Rockets went championship, "The Dream" was the only true star of that run. Even when SA won asterisk, Duncan was not a STAR but a very good DEVELOPING up and coming star. Even today, Duncan is the true star of SA with very good role players. Same thing applies to Shaq and Kobe on their first championship: Shaq was the star and Kobe was feeling his game.Again, we could probably debate back and forth.

As far as coaching goes, Larry Brown is a good coach and one of the better Coaches in the NBA.....I just thought of all his playoff experince, Brown would have the ability to show competiveness similar to Popovich, but that is not the case. And at the present, Brown does not have the resolution to go jugular.

Your comparison of Brown to VG is a slap in the face to Brown......please don't go there
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Bobby:

You think Brown could win 50 games if he was in Detroit....heck no!

Give Carlisle Philly, they be balling like Jersey.

Gotta disagree with you here. Brown did have Philly playing as well as Jersey did. They finished one game behind them with far less talent. Look at Phillys roster. AI is an All-star, but after him you have solid players, but no second star. Teams win championships with 2 stars on their team. DC, Van Horn and Kenny Thomas are not going to do it. I think Brown realized this and got out before the sixers started to really slide....just like JVG.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Pike
Member: #403
5/28/2003  6:34 PM
Good post, Bobby. VG shouldn't be in the same sentence as Larry Brown. VG gets two interviews and what does LeBron say... get Larry. The kids rich, unbelievable baller and has brains too.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/28/2003  10:49 PM
Guess Who is Back???? That is right Playa, I am here to dismiss your lunacy!

JVG will be a coach next year, wherever he wants to be. The fact is the he is the #2 candidate ou tthere now with Brown being available. As for Lebron james, he can say whatever he likes but the fac tis he is in Cleveland and Larry Brown is not going there!

JVG will end up in Houston, that is my guess. Then he will prove once and for all whether he is good like I say or sucks like you say.

I am glad to see you all out there again....sorry it took me so long to get to it.

Thanks, Nec for the info!
playa2

5/29/2003  6:23 AM
Gony what you will find out this time is that you don't have to Homgenize together to be heard up in here, people here are not afraid to be different as the post will tell you. One thing you are right about we will see if I have been right or if you have been right as soon as he don's the diet coke thing this up coming season.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/29/2003  8:23 AM
Posted by Bobby:

Your comparison of Brown to VG is a slap in the face to Brown......please don't go there

The only comparison I made to JVG was that both realized their teams were not going to win a Championship. Is this not true?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/29/2003  10:15 AM
DALE BROWN, BOBBY BROWN, JAMES BROWN, LARRY BROWN who cares !!! lol... LARRY BROWN is another overrated coach who has won NOTHING !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Pike
Member: #403
5/29/2003  10:22 AM
Good to see you, GONYGONYGO!!
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
5/29/2003  10:32 AM
Thanks Pike! I missed this and was too stupifd to realizw where you all went!

Playa, Here is the deal. I do not need to homogenize with anyone. I wills tate my case for all right here. I think JVG was a very good coach and still is. I do not care that he got his job because he treated his start players well. The point is that he won games. He got to the finals. To say what you say, that he is a joke and a fake NBA coach is just plain dumb. The man can coach the game. His offense is suspect, I have Always said that. His defense is second to none. I am sick of this. Let's see what happens when he coaches a new team. Then we will know who was right. Until then, I am sick and tired of all your posting that is so anti-JVG that you cannot even seem to talk about anything else. Get off the guys nuts.

As for the Knicks, Layden is the biggest problem right now. NY has needed size and a PG for 3 years now and we still don't have either one. A GM who cannot solve his teams most glaring weaknesses is useless.

As for the draft, I want NY to draft a young big guy and keep him. I want them to sign a decent player with the MLE and make a deal to get younger with Spree and whatever else they have to throw in to make it work!

Peace out.
playa2

5/29/2003  11:16 AM
New York Knickerbockers coach Jeff Van Gundy discusses team's poor start this season (M) It is only three games into the season, early for predictions of doom, but also early for excuses. Knicks Coach Jeff Van Gundy has heard both, the predictions from outsiders who see struggles ahead for his team, and excuses from his players, and he accepts neither.

On Friday night, Charlotte Hornets forward P. J. Brown said the Knicks looked flustered by the zone defenses the Hornets used in beating them. After the Knicks lost to Chicago on Saturday, their second loss in two days, Latrell Sprewell agreed, complaining that the Knicks were unprepared for the box-and-one defense the Bulls had used.
Gony this is my point I don't think he's that great of a coach, he was for the knicks after Riley left his blueprint for him.
Bobby
USA
5/29/2003  7:08 PM
Gony, how you gonna wish JVG does better with another team WHEN HE SHOULD'VE BEEN DOING IT BETTER WITH NY ALL ALONG....Otherwise, Welcome to the forum!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
USA
5/29/2003  7:37 PM
OK Andrew,I'm going to agree with you that JVG and Larry Brown, both realized their teams were not going to win a championship. Why did Larry Brown take a more professional approach in resigning his duties versus JVG's approach ?
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Bobby:

The only comparison I made to JVG was that both realized their teams were not going to win a Championship. Is this not true?
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
5/30/2003  11:26 AM
Bobby,

Thanks for the welcome.

I understand that JVG is no longer a Knick and because of that he will not get my full support. However, He left NY because his boss did not extend his contract and did not let him go seek greener pastures (denied Portland rights to talk to him). That combined with his view that he needed a rest, led to his decision. All that considered it does not make him a bad coach. What I have said is that he will show how good he is with his next job. Do I want him too? Yes and NO. Yes to prove a point to Playa and NO becasue that just shows again how stupid Dolan is and that being in the East it will be another team the Knicsk have to get by in order to make the playoffs and win a championship.

With the talent Cleveland has, if Ilgauskas stays healthy, they will challenge for the playoffs next year if JVG is coaching them.

IN addition, you will come to see the battle that Playa and I have had on this subject ove rthe last 3 years. My point is simple and I really don't need to express it anymore. I hope JVG gets a job next year to put it all to rest ONE way or another!

My allegiance is to the blue and orange.

GONY
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/30/2003  3:56 PM
gony speaks with such clarity doesn't he or is it that bobby d posted before he did

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
playa2

5/30/2003  6:27 PM
What I think I will do is let you guys rant on about the great Vandummy. Him coaching the Cavs is just what the doctor ordered and the proposals of trading Ricky Davis for Spree will be a steal of the decade. Reason #1 Davis never played with a "real" veteran crew to keep him in line with all of his antics and for him to come to the knicks would be a steal for an aging Mewell. If the knicks get a SF like davis who can play offense and defense that would be good for the knicks. Gundy would get exposed when he doesn't know how to handle weed smokers who can ball and for sure he couldn't deal with A.I. So we will see.
playa2

5/31/2003  11:58 AM
Now if jeff goes to Cleveland after Lebron already told him to step on ( NATIONAL TV), what can of worms are about to be open. I can see it now, Jef telling Lebron he won't play unless he plays better defense. ROFLMAO spilling my soda.
Jeff Vandummy got disnmissed on National T.V BY LEBRON JAMES.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy