Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/1/2007  6:46 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by TrueBlue:

The Knicks have yet to address their needs....

Shooting
Interior Defense
Perimeter Defender(S)
High IQ point gaurd(Backup or Starter)

Says you! We have shooting and he's added more. We have perimeter defenders already, they just needed more experience. We don't NEED another PG. Teams have won with far less than what we have at PG. This team is going to be right in the thick of it along with the other good teams in the East. We've improved the talent and we should see some growth from within. Who knows we may not even be done yet.

WTF planet are you on? How you can claim that that piece of trash you just wrote was a post? It was a group of lies, now stop. If you want to say that our offense cancels out our defense or that we'll have so much interior offense that our poor outside shooters will get better looks... fine! At least that would be an opinion. But don't flat out lie. You didn't address the points, other than flat out lying, sidestepping what you supposidely were responding to and then giving out blanket generic statements that weren't part of the original point.

Now, please. Post quality or don't post.
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
7/1/2007  6:47 PM
My money is on the Nets for the Division. This Jump shooter isn't helping a team that is already full of jump shooters, unless they tie him to Fords back......... that will make him a little slower though.

[Edited by - anji on 07-01-2007 6:48 PM]
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
7/1/2007  6:49 PM
Posted by Anji:

My money is on the Nets for the Division. This Jump shooter isn't helping a team that is already full of jump shooters, unless they tie him to Fords back.........

I disagree. Kidd and Carter will be a year older and slower.
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

7/1/2007  6:50 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by TrueBlue:

Shooting
Interior Defense
Perimeter Defender(S)

Says you! We have shooting and he's added more. We have perimeter defenders already, they just needed more experience. We don't NEED another PG. Teams have won with far less than what we have at PG. This team is going to be right in the thick of it along with the other good teams in the East. We've improved the talent and we should see some growth from within. Who knows we may not even be done yet.

WTF planet are you on? How you can claim that that piece of trash you just wrote was a post? It was a group of lies, now stop. If you want to say that our offense cancels out our defense or that we'll have so much interior offense that our poor outside shooters will get better looks... fine! At least that would be an opinion. But don't flat out lie. You didn't address the points, other than flat out lying, sidestepping what you supposidely were responding to and then giving out blanket generic statements that weren't part of the original point.

He's yet to answer my follow up post that point blank ask him to start naming the players that fit the categories of need. Just offers up drive by posting with no substance. I was premature in saying needs haven't been addressed considering the off season truly just got underway but I think most here know the point I was trying to make.

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 07-01-2007 5:54 PM]
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
Solace
USA
7/1/2007  6:53 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:

He's yet to answer my follow up post that point blank ask him to start naming the players that fit the categories of need. Just offers up drive by posting with no substance. I was premature is saying needs haven't been addressed considering the off season truly just got underway but I think most here know the point I was trying to make.

Maybe you were premature, maybe you weren't. It's opinion and opinion can be tolerated. What I can't tolerate is being told that our biggest deficiencies have been covered by one of: A) it never existed, B) a young player who isn't going to play at all, C) our players magically improving. That's crap! He should offer an apology for contributing that piece of garbage to this forum. Nixluva, you're not Isiah!!! Stop the used car salesman act! I have never been more offended by anything I've ever read on a forum before. That includes posts from diderton.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2007  6:56 PM
Posted by TheGame:

I think IT got Nichols to be our Kapono on the cheap for the future. Nichols has alot of work to do, but the guy looks like a world class shooter and can play decent defense. Whether we need shooters next year will depend on whether Q comes back relatively healthy and whether Crawford and Nate have matured in their games, and whether Collins and Balkman have improved their shooting. In Zack, we added a perimeter shooting big man who will be more consistent than Frye and who shoots better from the perimeter than Lee. Simply put, we really don't know what we need until we see how much improvement has been made by our young players (other than shotblocking, which we clearly still do need).

We have Q and Steph. Q was at 37.6% and Steph at 35.7% from 3. Jamal I believe will be better next season. He's a better shooter when he's taking the 3 from a set position rather than on the move. With his feet set more often I expect his % to go up. Nate is also a good 3Pt shooter at 39%. As the Game mentioned we may be able to add Nichols to that group in time. What will help our perimeter shooters is more reps. There will be more of a concentration on 3 pt shooting this year. I believe we'll be fine in that area.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
7/1/2007  6:57 PM
You guys misunderstand nixluva. He's the funniest poster on the board.
https:// It's not so hard.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
7/1/2007  6:57 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Anji:

My money is on the Nets for the Division. This Jump shooter isn't helping a team that is already full of jump shooters, unless they tie him to Fords back.........

I disagree. Kidd and Carter will be a year older and slower.

So I guess instead of almost averaging a triple double, Kidd is going to miss it by 2 rebounds and two assists next year??? LOL

Kristic is coming back, RJ is going to be healthy and Sean williams is going to murder off the bench with Josh Boone and Marcus williams. The raptors are not as good as the Nets, I don't care if they sign every jump shooting Euro in the NBA.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Cookdcokehop
USA
7/1/2007  6:58 PM
Shooting (Marbury, Nate, Nichols, Rich(healthy), Crawford, with Lee, Collins and Balkman making it their main goal for the summer)
Interior Defense N/A
Perimeter Defender Marbury, Rich, Balkman, Jones, Collins
High IQ point gaurd(Backup or Starter)Collins and Marbury

Be patient grasshopper
Solace
USA
7/1/2007  6:58 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

You guys misunderstand nixluva. He's the funniest poster on the board.

That may be true.
Solace
USA
7/1/2007  6:59 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Shooting (Marbury, Nate, Nichols, Rich(healthy), Crawford, with Lee, Collins and Balkman making it their main goal for the summer)
Interior Defense N/A

Be patient grasshopper

LOL.... I'm not sure if I can call that lying or drug overdose. Apparently now, the only qualification for being good is merely being listed at the position.

[Edited by - Solace on Jul 01 2007 7:00 PM]
Cookdcokehop
USA
7/1/2007  7:02 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Interior Defense N/A

Be patient grasshopper

LOL.... I'm not sure if I can call that lying or drug overdose. Apparently now, the only qualification for being good is merely being listed at the position.

Elaborate on how I am lying.
Solace
USA
7/1/2007  7:13 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Interior Defense N/A

Be patient grasshopper

Actually I said you're on drugs. Nonetheless, you listed some guys who are terrible shooters in your shooters list. Almost nobody on the team plays perimeter defense. You can argue Marbury... and for only half a season. That's it! As far as high IQ point guard, you mentioned Marbury. Are you insane!? High IQ and Marbury in the same sentence is like putting peaceful and crocodile in the same sentence. Unless proceeded by the word NOT, it shouldn't happen!

Q is our only semblance of a decent shooter, and frankly, he had a good year. In past years, his shooting sucked. Marbury's three point shooting is acceptable for a point guard. Crawford's is awful.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
7/1/2007  7:15 PM
Crazy signing--they have shooters all over the place. I thought they were going to go after Mikeal Pietrus.

Overpaid by 12mm and I think it wasnt a good signing
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2007  7:21 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by TrueBlue:

Shooting
Interior Defense
Perimeter Defender(S)

OH I missed this one! Let me roll up my sleeves for Solace and all the others who continually take me on around here.

Who's LYING or sidestepping the issue? I didn't go into detail cuz I thought that any knowledgeable Fan would know what we have on this team. Are you saying that you're ignorant of the facts?

We do have shooting as I posted above: We have Q and Steph. Q was at 37.6% and Steph at 35.7% from 3. Jamal didn't have good 3pt shooting year but I expect him to improve with more of a focus on setting his feet. Nate is also a good 3Pt shooter at 39%. With a greater focus on this part of the game I expect to see some improvement.

We do have Perimeter defenders. Q, Steph, Balkman and Collins are good defenders. Not great or perfect but they have the ability to defend and I don't see a reason why they can't get better. I can see this team developing greater chemistry defensively as many teams do the longer they play together. They have the physical ability to defend better as a team.

We don't need a Hi IQ PG! Would I welcome one? Of course, but that's never been the main reason a team wins. There have been many teams that have good PG play, but not spectacular PG play and won. We have enough at the PG position. With Steph, Mardy, Jamal, Nate and maybe even Dickau if he keeps him. When you speak of a "need" it puts a priority on that and for this team that isn't the case.

We don't have great interior D, but that's the one area that can be said to be truly weak. It's going to take a much bigger effort from Curry, Lee, Jared and Zach to improve in that area. It's not impossible, but so far it's the biggest ?

Solace
USA
7/1/2007  7:30 PM
Posted by nixluva:

We do have shooting as I posted above: We have Q and Steph. Q was at 37.6% and Steph at 35.7% from 3. Jamal didn't have good 3pt shooting year but I expect him to improve with more of a focus on setting his feet. Nate is also a good 3Pt shooter at 39%. With a greater focus on this part of the game I expect to see some improvement.

This is the, excuse my expression, SHIT, I'm talking about. You say we HAVE (present tense) shooting, then refer to FUTURE to back up your point. Do you see the contradiction? Yes, you're lying. I'll give you Nate. Q is always injured, and is most years he's been an average three point shooter who takes a lot of them. Marbury is average to slightly above average. People were talking about having one VERY GOOD shooter, like Allan Houston, Glen Rice, etc... that we had in the past. We don't have that.
Posted by nixluva:

We do have Perimeter defenders. Q, Steph, Balkman and Collins are good defenders.

Balkman and Q don't count, they're usually playing the three. Again, fabrication. People were talking about our BACKCOURT defense. Why do you intentionally twist things?
Posted by nixluva:

Not great or perfect but they have the ability to defend and I don't see a reason why they can't get better. I can see this team developing greater chemistry defensively as many teams do the longer they play together. They have the physical ability to defend better as a team.

Fine. That's your opinion. Not evidence. Let's make the distinction.
Posted by nixluva:

We don't need a Hi IQ PG!

LOL. Apparently losing is fine, then.
Posted by nixluva:

Would I welcome one? Of course, but that's never been the main reason a team wins.

With rare exception, most teams that win championships have one. Main reason? Not necessarily. Major piece, yes!
Posted by nixluva:

There have been many teams that have good PG play, but not spectacular PG play and won. We have enough at the PG position. With Steph, Mardy, Jamal, Nate and maybe even Dickau if he keeps him. When you speak of a "need" it puts a priority on that and for this team that isn't the case.

You've now twisted from high IQ to talent/potential. No point rebutting a change of argument. Nobody has ever said Steph wasn't talented enough. That's not the reason he's a career loser. That's all I'm going to say.
Posted by nixluva:

We don't have great interior D

Understatement of the century.
Posted by nixluva:

but that's the one area that can be said to be truly weak. It's going to take a much bigger effort from Curry, Lee, Jared and Zach to improve in that area. It's not impossible, but so far it's the biggest ?

Nice, but again all speculation. It's not a weakness.. it's a GLARING and potentially DIASTEROUS weakness.
Cookdcokehop
USA
7/1/2007  7:30 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Interior Defense N/A

Be patient grasshopper

Actually I said you're on drugs. Nonetheless, you listed some guys who are terrible shooters in your shooters list. Almost nobody on the team plays perimeter defense. You can argue Marbury... and for only half a season. That's it! As far as high IQ point guard, you mentioned Marbury. Are you insane!? High IQ and Marbury in the same sentence is like putting peaceful and crocodile in the same sentence. Unless proceeded by the word NOT, it shouldn't happen!

Q is our only semblance of a decent shooter, and frankly, he had a good year. In past years, his shooting sucked. Marbury's three point shooting is acceptable for a point guard. Crawford's is awful.

I forgot to add Jeffries to that list of perimeter defenders. I forgot how much Collins and Balkman sucked on perimeter defense. For shooting I put that Lee, Collins, and Balkman were working on their shooting not that they are good shooters. Don't think you caught that part. Crawford is a good shooter. His FG% reflects his AND1 mixtape type attempts. If anything say he is not a good decision maker but he can shoot. So can Marbury, Nate, Q, and Dickau. How many shooter you want? Kapono has zero defense thats why Chicago exploited his ass. I'll take Marbury over half the PG's in the league. Everybody dogs him but he is a smart player who also happens to be a good shooter and good perimeter defender.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
7/1/2007  7:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Crazy signing--they have shooters all over the place. I thought they were going to go after Mikeal Pietrus.

BINGO!

pay attention hater 1 and hater 2
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/1/2007  7:45 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

pietrus may still be an option via s&t b/c the raptors still have some expiring deals to work with in dixon + graham.
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

7/1/2007  8:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

He's way cheaper than a Pietrus signing would be and they could still sign him via S&T if they want to. Every FA signing by another team requires overpaying. At least they didn't overpay by all that much.
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
Kapono boost Raptor 's chance to repeat as ATLANTIC divchamps

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy