[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With the first pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Adam Morrison F Gonzaga
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/26/2006  9:47 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

I've been thinking about this and I don't have a problem with isiah trading this year's unrestricted- he should have stipulated that if this year's was a lotto pick, then the swap next year was off. I think Pax could have accepted that.

Last time i say this, but really--what wouldve been wrong with a top 5 protected pick and no swappy thing next year? Were teams breaking down Chicago's door for a player that was not insurable and no one touched in free agency? why did we bid against ourselves again? why couldnt we be more patient.

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

couldnt we use 1 of these guys?

I am not losing any sleep over not being able to draft any of those guys, especially sheldon williams, he doesn't impress me at all..

Yeah, me neither. Dont want Morrison--slow white guy--man he cant play nba basketball--oh and especially sheldan williams he stinks we couldnt use him on our roster jackie butler is better than him rudy gau hes got nothing on trevor ariza i mean we have all seen trevor monster jam on ben wallace you're right our players are great, we dont really need anyone we got all the bases covered.

Briggs- R u kidding me? Ariza just as good as Gay? please tell me your joking?
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
TemujinKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1022

1/26/2006  10:58 PM
He was. His point was that he is pissed we don't have a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/27/2006  12:20 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by franco12:

I've been thinking about this and I don't have a problem with isiah trading this year's unrestricted- he should have stipulated that if this year's was a lotto pick, then the swap next year was off. I think Pax could have accepted that.

Last time i say this, but really--what wouldve been wrong with a top 5 protected pick and no swappy thing next year? Were teams breaking down Chicago's door for a player that was not insurable and no one touched in free agency? why did we bid against ourselves again? why couldnt we be more patient.

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

couldnt we use 1 of these guys?

I am not losing any sleep over not being able to draft any of those guys, especially sheldon williams, he doesn't impress me at all..

Yeah, me neither. Dont want Morrison--slow white guy--man he cant play nba basketball--oh and especially sheldan williams he stinks we couldnt use him on our roster jackie butler is better than him rudy gau hes got nothing on trevor ariza i mean we have all seen trevor monster jam on ben wallace you're right our players are great, we dont really need anyone we got all the bases covered.

Briggs I don't want sheldon williams at the expense of curry, neither do I want Morrison or gay at the expense of curry, that is the point, now if we didn't have curry, then we could use any warm body that would suit up for us, especially if we were a lottery team again. Understand? If we didn't have curry and drafted morrison we would need a center? right? so What the hell are you talking about Briggs?!!

Read the thread dude. Im saying we SHOULD have had TOp 5 protection on the pick, we shouldve been patient, NO team was giving Curry anything near what NY gave him, nor was any team giving up a solid young prospcet a number 1 and 2 number 2s. No reason to make it unprotected and no reason to swap picks. this was an act of stupidity--they thought that they were going to be good and they were wrong. Having some sort of protection is like insurance--and when you dont buy insurance you get fcked like we will.

well briggs I don't know,maybe IT asked for protection and paxon said no, I don't know why we didn't lottery protect the pick and why even give into the swap, it was stupid IMO, It is a good evaluator of talent but a horrible negotiator. I can see why you would be upset that we gave the bulls who didn't have many options with curry so much in the way of not protecting the picks, but I am not going to sweat it now, although I can see why you would be upset, but now our future rests on curry, so there you go......let it ride..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/27/2006  1:39 AM
the Knicks will have a better record than the Bulls in 07.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/27/2006  1:53 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

the Knicks will have a better record than the Bulls in 07.

in your dreams
RIP Crushalot😞
With the first pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Adam Morrison F Gonzaga

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy